Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT Week 10 in the NFL. Lots' o Toss ups. Great matchups this week. WHO YA GOT!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 154 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 10, 2011 7:17:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2011 7:20:30 AM PST
So since the previously created thread was not on the first three pages that I looked for it in. Here is a new one.

Last Week: 7-7 I did as good as a quarter. Still 87-43 for the season so far.

Radiers @ Chargers: THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!!! So what QB is going to suck the most. Rivers could have beat the Packers last week but he decided to personally gift wrap 14 points for them. Raiders seem to just be flopping about. They've mortgaged their future on a QB that has thrown 6 INT's in 1.5 games. Don't worry Rivers, at that rate you won't be leading the league in INT's much longer. Chargers are at home, and half of the raiders are injured. Chargers

Saints @ Falcons: Oh my poor saints are losing this one. The wind is behind the Falcons back and the Saints seem pretty inconsistent. Plus their record on the road is awful. But you know...Can't pick against Bresus. Saints

Lions @ Bears: Lions are coming off a bye and teams aren't doing that great against the bye. The bears seem to be clicking right now. I may regret this but I'm picking the upset here and going with Da Bears.

Jags @ Colts: So so so tempted to pick the colts here. But I can't pick a winless team. Until the Colts win one...I ain't pickin 'em. Plus the jags have a pretty stout defense (and it doesn't take much of one to stop the anemic colts o)...and you have to think eventually they are going to let Gabbert frickin play. They have a pretty tight leash on him. Jags

Broncos @ Chiefs: Tossup here. I believe in the inconsistency of Tebow. He'll do great one week and not so great the next. Chiefs need to bounce back and now that everyone knows they are using the read option, Tebow is going to have a harder time. Taking the home team. Chiefs

Steelers @ Bengals: Steelers beat themselves last week. How many times did they have that game in the bag? They'll need to bounce back. This will also be the Bengals big test. Against good teams like SF they have lost but have been able to beat teams that are less than great. I know everytime I pick against the Bengals they burn me...but I'm going to pick against them this week. Steelers

Titans @ Panthers: Calling it now. Titans are done. Sorry but they squandered their three game home stint with a 1-2 record. Their defense isn't good enough to stop Cam and their offense is so bad they won't be able to come anywhere close in staying close. Their only chance is that cam plays a little more like cam and throws a ton of INT's and bad decisions. (watch...Titans are impossible to pick. They lose to teams they should win against and kill teams they should have no chance against...see Ravens) Panthers

Texans @ Bucs: Texans are looking good right now. It's not looking like Johnson is coming back this week but they have been rolling without him. Bucs are really really inconsistent. They can play great games and they can look like the colts. Texans

Skins @ Fins: Alright Fins...if you can beat the chiefs you can beat the skins. I'm afraid though. Moore is not a great QB. He looked great last week. But all not so great QB's that play a great game always come crashing back down. However, even if he does...the other guy is Beck or Gross Man. Tossup so just going with the home team..Fins

Rams @ Browns: Rams gift wrapped that one last week. Should have walked away with it. Complete tossup here but the Browns are just turrible right now. Cautiously going with the Rams.

Bills @ Cowboys: Tossup of Tossups...Both teams are inconsistent. Both teams need a win desperately. So lets see. Who am I going to take. The inconsistent Romo....or the inconsistent defense of the Bills. Bills need a bounce back. Bills

Cards @ Eagles: Looks like Kolb is out again. Eagles need a bounce back. However they are pretty much out of this anyway. Eagles just have too many weapons to lose against the Cards. Then again...they have too many weapons to have lost 5 games but they have. Eagles

Ravens @ Seahawks: Everytime the ravens win a huge game they play a flat game against a lesser team (see titans). I know everyone is picking them to go to the SB...and they very well might...but that offense always lets you down right when you think they've figure it out. Still going with the ravens but not really that optimistic. Ravens

Giants @ 49ers: Tossup. 49ers are playing some awesome ball right now but the Giants have come out of nowhere. How many injuries did they have at the beginning of the season? Noone was expecting them to do ANYTHING. These teams really matchup well so I'm going with the home team. (plus 49ers burn me everytime i pick against them) 49ers

Pats @ Jets: Everytime these teams play it's a tossup. Doesn't matter who has home field. Doesn't matter who is injured. Doesn't matter who has the better record. None of it matters because I always go with the Pats. I know they are sucking it up right now. The jets are playing decent ball. And the pats are worse than what they were a few weeks ago and the jets are better. Still...Pats

Vikings @ GB: Even though the last time these two met it was close (Ponder almost beat Rogers. Who'da'thunk'it) I doubt this one will be anywhere near close. Home field advantage. GB playing on national tv. Vikings coming off a bye. GB

WHO YA GOT

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 7:56:34 AM PST
Looks like Wallace is injured in Tampa. Not going to help the Bucs. Wonder if Haynesworth will play this week. Still sticking with the Texans

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 7:57:38 AM PST
Vikings 29 Packers 27

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 8:30:50 AM PST
Not looking good for my Saints either. Most of the secondary is banged up

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 8:33:25 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Dolphins win the super bowl

/thread

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 10:14:04 AM PST
Starting corners are out for the raiders in tonight's game. Rivers should have a big night if he doesn't throw a ton of INT's

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 10:47:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2011 10:53:00 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
tough week for picks, maybe the most challenging yet.

Thursday games are nice for the fans to a degree, but not sure it adds to the product on the field because the routine has to change. Those dudes are elite athletes that give their all you'd think they'd need their re-coup time. It affects 2 games/weeks I would think more than it does 1. Personally I'd rather see my Ravens play every Sunday at 10 AM on the regular CBS 2 man booth. None of the bells and whistles,we'll leave that for the superbowl.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 10:47:51 AM PST
49er Larry says:
Raiders @ Chargers: Chargers

Saints @ Falcons: Saints

Lions @ Bears: Bears

Jaguars @ Colts: Jaguars

Broncos @ Chiefs: Chiefs

Steelers @ Bengals: Steelers

Titans @ Panthers: Panthers

Texans @ Buccaneers: Texans

Redskins @ Dolphins: Dolphins

Rams @ Browns: Browns

Bills @ Cowboys: Bills

Cardinals @ Eagles: Eagles

Ravens @ Seahawks: Ravens

Giants @ 49ers: This is the first game I have had a hard time deciding on. My gut tells me the Giants win, but my homerism tells me the Niners win again. The Niners haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher in 30 straight games and haven't allowed a single rushing TD this season. That will continue as the Giants' Ahmad Bradshaw has a broken bone in his foot. However, the Giants are a good passing team and that is the Niners biggest weakness on defense. If they can get to Eli then they should be alright (they only sacked John Beck once last week...a bit concerning). Gore is hampered by a sore ankle, but Kendall Hunter has looked solid in his opportunities. Niners win in a close game.

Patriots @ Jets: Patriots

Vikings @ Packers: Packers

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 10:48:23 AM PST
Easily

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 10:49:50 AM PST
You agreed with me in all except for one? You did see my record from last week right?

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 10:55:16 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Same as Larry, but Falcons & Rams.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 11:00:43 AM PST
49er Larry says:
More coincidence than anything else. I just look at the games and pick (though I do enjoy reading your commentary on each game). My record this year has been great one week and terrible the next so I wouldn't be shocked either way.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 1:12:15 PM PST
Joel H. says:
Is there a way to watch the game tonight online? Or without having NFL network?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 1:14:25 PM PST
new Tron says:
Unless you're in a local market, not on TV, no.

I'm sure it can be viewed online somehow in a not-so-legal fashion.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 1:21:28 PM PST
Joel H. says:
So NFL network games will be televised on local channels for areas surrounding the teams said city?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 1:23:04 PM PST
new Tron says:
Yes. So only California markets will air the game tonight on non-NFL Network channels.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 1:23:50 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Bears will beat the Lions.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 1:26:46 PM PST
new Tron says:
Hell yeah they will! We got a score to settle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 1:28:23 PM PST
Joel H. says:
Tyvm!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 1:29:57 PM PST
new Tron says:
np

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 1:30:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2011 1:51:30 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Yeah the defense will be pissed.

I bet the Lions don't get 1 play of 30 yards or more the whole game.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 1:49:34 PM PST
drowe says:
hooray for free NFL mobile. I can watch the game if I want to kill my battery.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 2:05:50 PM PST
Hooray for NFL network. Loves it

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 2:08:51 PM PST
new Tron says:
I love that channel. I'm a big fan of pre-game coverage, and before I got the sports package from my cable company, I would watch ESPN's or FOX's or whomever's coverage, but now that I have NFL Network, my TV doesn't leave NFL Gameday Morning until kickoff. Love it.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 2:10:05 PM PST
Love flipping to the NFL channel during the early games to keep up with all the scores real time while my game is on commercial
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  154
Initial post:  Nov 10, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions