Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Apple stock down 11% today

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2012 3:29:19 PM PST
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AAPL

Spooked investors. Just a heads up. Stock is down 25% since September.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 3:47:23 PM PST
They need to split that shit, they shouldn't be running with a price that high.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:20:58 PM PST
I'm not a stock guy, does splitting it increase the shares and lower the impact of people selling? Or does it mean that people get extra shares?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 4:25:50 PM PST
Say your company has 1,000 shares valued at $100 each. The market cap is $100,000.

Now say there is a 2-1 split. There are now 2,000 shares for $500 each. The market cap is still 100,000.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:53:51 PM PST
Overpriced. Wait till 50% off or at least buy 2 get 1 free.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:15:55 PM PST
Or invest in other companies. I think Sony may do pretty well 2012 Q4, because of the cools products they keep introducing. Not to mention how many PS3+ owners are going to pick up a vita.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:24:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 5:43:35 PM PST
Facelord says:
I really wanna invest in Sony stock as well, but I only really think their stock will start booming when they announce the PS4 and drop the price of the Vita. I really am considering buying Sony stock, especially if you consider their phones have way better design than Apple's silly, repetitive iPhones and few Android phone-makers can match Sony's level of professionalism and best-in-class design. As I said, though, I don't think their stocks are gonna get any better until they announce the PS4(assuming it really is $300 or $350, judging by its leaked specs I really think it'll be that cheap) and drop the glorious Vita's price(because gamers lack the ability to differentiate between a good product and a bad one if the price is too high, even if it's worth the cost).

I definitely think Apple's hit their peak, plus many consumers are pissed at them for patent-trolling the way they are. I would've just seen them as a pretentious hipster company worth a lot of money if it wasn't for their patent-trolling, but now I'm pissed off at how they're gaming the system and trying to bully the Android phone-makers. I love how they targeted HTC, previously one of the smallest phone companies in the industry, first and Google loaned HTC their lawyers. HTC kicked Apple's butts, increasing their clout in the industry and making them more notable.

Modern Apple's a joke, they've become what they were supposedly against in that Apple 1984 commercial. Maybe if they lose enough marketshare they'll stop sucking, but I'm not sure if I can see that happening any time soon. Until then, Android and Windows phones all the way.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Sony's gonna have to start offering their awesome Xperia phones on contracts through other companies besides AT&T. I'm certainly not paying $500 for any phone, no matter how great it is, and I'm never using AT&T ever again. I'm sure I'm not alone in that, Sony could have the same kinda marketshare as Samsung if they were more serious about their phone business. I just don't see anyone I know paying that kinda money for any phone on the market, and few people like AT&T these days.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions