Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Returned to play Max Payne 3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2012 6:29:32 AM PST
Marvelous says:
The other night I caught the movie "Man on Fire" with Denzel on cable. It's been awhile since I've watched the film, but after watching it, I had a sudden urge to go back and revisit Max Payne 3.

I'm really enjoying my second play through, and this time I'm playing on hard difficulty with no aim assist - which actually is making the game easier for some reason... Its funny how much alike this game is to the movie though, from the cinematography to the emphasized words popping up in the screen.

Initially I thought the game was just meh the first time I played, but I'm enjoying it much more this time around.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:32:35 AM PST
I loved Max Payne 3 (I actually loved the first 2 as well)
Man on Fire is also one of my all time fav movies.
Nice comparison

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:33:58 AM PST
I encourage this. Now if only people would play the flawed multiplayer as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:36:33 AM PST
Meth Panther says:
I have been meaning to try the multiplayer but haven't gotten around to it.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:37:11 AM PST
OP says:
Hmm, I've only read the book; sounds like they made some changes for the movie.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:37:58 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I never tried the multiplayer the first time I played, is it bad?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:38:46 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I'm probably not good enough to play through it on hard with no aim assist, but it's a fun game.

I even played the MP for a while - at least as long as any other MP has kept my attention. Some of the modes were cool, and I liked how you got rewarded for doing pretty much anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:40:29 AM PST
Marvelous says:
The first time I played was on normal with the full aim assist. I noticed alot of the achievements were with Free Aim, so I figured I would try it out. It serious has made my headshots more frequent, and after I changed the config layout to option 4, I really started getting more fluid in my cover and reloading.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:50:07 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Yeah I saw that too - I went for the one where you have to kill all the guys while diving out of the window in the club level but I couldn't pull it off. If I had more practice with free aim only I might have been able to do it.

And I don't usually play MP but I thought this one was fun. It lets you start in a beginner's group if you want where everyone is level 0-7 (I think) so you don't have to go up against people with heavy armor when you haven't unlocked anything yet. I think I made it up into the high 20's before I lost interest (and that's a lot of MP for me).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:52:12 AM PST
Its definetely a mixed bag. You have the options for Free-Aim or Soft-Lock playlists and decent loadouts, but the real problem is that its still a multiplayer that needs some work (glitches, freezing, etc.). Although I rarely experience the downsides I think its only fair to let it be known that your experience might differ.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:00:24 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I think I would of had a better chance of pulling that off if the aimer wasn't this little tiny white dot! When there is so much action happening on the screen, it's sometimes hard to find where I'm aiming at.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions