Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2012 5:41:41 AM PST

Server: Stormbluff Isle

Guild Name: The Warriors of Sunlight

Players that need an invite to the guild:

Players to contact for an invite:

Vhin - Weekdays 6:00pm-9:00pm EST
Taliza - Weekdays 2:00pm-6:00 pm PST
Armmanno - 7:00pm-11:00pm EST

I'll add a few more when I can log in tonight.

We're going to save up 5000 influence to get economy level 3. Once we have that, we can start activating the 10% magic find boost on Friday through Sunday. I figure that is one of the best guild buffs available right now.

I posted a screen shot library with a collection of random vistas I've found. Enjoy!

http://tinyurl.com/9zb8443

Just a reminder, all members can invite. Invite your friends and your friend's friends! If we bump the 50 player cap I'll upgrade to a 100 player guild.

Tips:

Courtesy of Year of d00med:
[all the recipes but the ones you get from karma dealers.]
http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/imprint_downloads/brady/GW2GuideCraftingRecipesEN.pdf

Captsave

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 7:18:01 PM PDT
My Norn is a cook. I'm placing food items that give buffs in the guild bank. Feel free to take some.

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 7:20:39 PM PDT
I'm maining jewelcrafting and leatherworking. If you need jewelry or leather armor, let me know!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2012 7:29:23 PM PDT
vishock says:
what happened to your warrior? can you not have multiple chars in same guild? =O or did you remove it.

anywho, how long does that buff last for? do you use it once a week for a certain time frame? do you have to keep using influence to repurchase after use? etc? bacon?

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 7:30:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 4, 2012 7:33:02 PM PDT
J. Lee says:
can I join? My name is Zero To Hero...I'm a Mesmer :)

I'm maining in artificing and tailoring..I also collect tons of mats that I could donate :>

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2012 7:36:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 4, 2012 7:41:59 PM PDT
You can have up to 5 characters created at a time and can swap between them whenever. You can just press escape, go to character select, and choose a different character to play at any time. You don't have to delete any unless you fill all of your character slots. Whichever character you logged into last is what shows up in the guild I think. As long as you're representing the same guild on all characters, it just swaps between them. Compared to WoW how every character is its own name and number in the guild roster, GW2 retains a character for each unique player. So while the guild has 32 players, they are all unique. We may each have 4 characters, but only one shows on the roster at a time.

The buff takes 2 days to build and can be activated to grant 3 days of +10% magic find.

That's after we build Economy 3, which takes 3 days to build. We also need 1200+ influence to do it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2012 7:37:59 PM PDT
Of course!

We'll just have to have someone send you an invite. I'm heading out for the night, but I'm sure someone can send one over.

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 7:40:13 PM PDT
J. Lee says:
I probably won't be on as much during the week - I just started Air Assault phyiscal training and man... I'm hurting bad! 6 mile run tomorrow with a rope climb :( stick a fork in me I'm dead :X

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2012 8:56:07 PM PDT
vishock says:
ahh thats why i'd see your thief, then your war, and then your thief.. makes sense..

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 1:22:58 AM PDT
Loving the game so far. Right now I've finished the tree people's starting area and I finished another 1-15 starter area that is to the left of the tree folk starting area. Is everyone going through the starting areas and moving up from there, or are you going to level specific areas? It seems like you get decent drops because the game scales you down to wherever you are but gives you loot drops appropriate to your level.

I'm 21 right now on my only toon, a Ranger.

I have a question for those in the know. I'd like to make a Huntsman profession but I can't seem to find a good appropriete secondary profession to go with it. I had the leather profession but I needed copper/bronze so I changed to armorsmith. Is there a profession that allows you to refine both leather and copper?

I'm excited to put tieme into this before Armoured Kill comes out for the PC premium folks.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 4:43:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 5, 2012 4:44:47 AM PDT
I usually hop to a new area for my level once I 100% my current area. The Karma rewards are often *huge* upgrades over current equipment, and even when I do buy the upgrades I'm still gaining some stored Karma at a decent rate.

As far as I know, each profession is independent of itself. Huntsman can refine copper and bronze, while leatherworker uses leather scraps. I recommend finding two professions that use completely different main ingredients.

Currently I'm raising 3. Jewelcrafting, Huntsman, and Leatherworker on my thief. I use all the wood I find for huntsman by making bows, the ore for jewelcrafting, and my leather goes towards leatherworking. This way, I can use all of the materials I find. I just have to periodically farm for blood/claws/toxic sacks/etc.

I gain quite a bit of experience from crafting. I usually head in every 5-10 levels and craft through all my materials. Usually I can gain a level each time I do so.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 6:01:44 AM PDT
Yup. It streamlines it so people aren't just filling a guild with alts to get numbers.

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 6:56:23 AM PDT
Nytmare says:
My thief is 16 or 17 now, I'm working up weaponsmith and leatherworking... Not sure how far I'm going to take leatherworking if we've got another good one in guild though, but I figured it was a good way to be self-sufficient. So far I'm absolutely loving this game and SWTOR will not be getting a renewal.

I really like the sense of community there, if I'm fighting a group of mobs and it's looking like I'm going to lose... it's not uncommon for some random person to jump in and help, and I've died a few times, gone afk to grab a drink, and I come back to see I've been revived... Just kind of refreshing to see that, even though people benefit from it, it's still nice to see a community that helps others instead of standing back, watching you die, then kills the mob or takes the ore you were next to... It was such a simple change, but was a genius move in my opinion...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 7:01:27 AM PDT
I agree. There is a huge sense of teamwork here in every event, every quest, every kill.

I love it.

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 8:48:26 AM PDT
J. Niles says:
Yes really loving the teamwork and over all feel to the game. I was on before I came to work this morning and no one else was in the area I was in. Really sucked getting to a vista and trying to do events. Good thing you still get rewarded for failure.
I'll have to take you up on the food in the guild bank. I'lll replace with raw mats. What mats are you needing?
Right now I'm farming a lot of platinum Oar and Hard to Seasoned wood. Food varies, did start getting huckleberries.
Can anyone make level 60 gear I can use for my Guardian?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 8:49:51 AM PDT
I think you're currently the highest level in the guild.

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 9:30:44 AM PDT
Nytmare says:
I'm off Thursday, Friday and Monday... guess who's gonna be playing some GW2?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 9:42:26 AM PDT
Yeah I'm only 27 still. But I'm starting to just do higher-level areas because I tend to survive and get better loot (that I sometimes can't equip until I'm a higher level lol). I did a level 30 mission at level 26 solo and didn't die once. Thinking about doing the 33 mission at 27... :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 9:46:26 AM PDT
Any food mats, really . I should get past 100 tonight or tomorrow. A lot of the mats are only found at karma merchants, so I'll need to buy them myself. I can already see how some of the recipes are quite useful for buffs. If they scale at all as I work my way up, there is a lot of potential here.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 9:54:40 AM PDT
J. Niles says:
OK, ill just put some random ones in there.Hopefully you can use them or anyone else for that matter.
Also if anyone needs any mats that you gather let me know. I most likely have them. Might just drop a stack of Iron ore in the bank.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 9:57:28 AM PDT
I really wish stacks were bigger in this game. Only 250 is not enough. At the very least have unlimited mats storage.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 10:02:31 AM PDT
I agree.

I'm already maxed on iron.

I'll blow through that as soon as I get jewelcrafting to level 75 though.

I think I'm around 50, but I'm out of gems and copper.

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 10:06:27 AM PDT
Junkiiiii says:
Loving this game so far. Can't wait to continue to level up. I did restart my character last night and played a bit this morning. I'm still very low level but hopefully I can catch up.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 10:08:48 AM PDT
I have a bunch of random gems if you want em.

Is anyone else in the guild trying cook, or am I the only one?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 10:09:11 AM PDT
What class did you roll?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  678
Initial post:  Sep 4, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions