Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Skyrim Game of the Year edition?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 164 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 8, 2012 7:42:23 AM PDT
Kamiyama says:
I just saw on Steam that they are releasing an expansion for Skyrim called "Dawnguard". I hope this means that the Ps3 and 360 will eventually get GOTY editions of Skyrim with extra content, like they did with the Oblivion GOTY edition.

I actually ended up buying Oblivion 3 times, once for PC, once for the standard copy on Ps3, and again for the GOTY edition for Ps3. This is why I have refused to buy Skyrim so far... I am waiting for the all-in-one edition with the extra content so I only have to buy it once!

Some times it's difficult to be patient... Would anyone else want a GOTY edition of Skyrim? Would you buy it again even if you already own a copy?

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 7:43:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 7:44:04 AM PDT
There will more than likely be a GotY edition some time after the DLC stops rolling in. It'll be well over a year's time before that happens I would imagine. I intend to re-buy the whole shebang on PC when it comes out.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 7:45:48 AM PDT
Captain obvious over here.

There will be 1-2 more 'expansions' after Dawnguard. So expect one after those. I already paid/played/beat dawnguard about a month ago so I will expect the next one to come out probably Oct-Nov time.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 7:46:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 7:46:52 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
I doubt well see anymore Skyrim DLC until 2013.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 7:47:22 AM PDT
new Tron says:
I'm waiting for the GOTY edition. Not sure whether I'm gonna get it on console or PC just yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 7:48:11 AM PDT
I wouldn't doubt, I bet we will see the next expansion on 360 only in Nov.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 7:50:51 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
I'll take that bet.

Loser has to change his VGF name for awhile?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 7:51:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 7:51:42 AM PDT
Loser has to wear a TUTU!

Just kidding, what shall the name change be? You choose.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 7:51:52 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
I'm also waiting on the GOTY Edition. Of course, if Skyrim gets exceptionally cheap before then I may go ahead and pick it up, but I'm just playing the waiting game for now.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 7:51:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 7:52:04 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
The winner picks the losers name.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 7:52:21 AM PDT
hmmm deal.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 7:53:27 AM PDT
new Tron says:
What platform, Kirk?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 7:54:21 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
If I've got a new graphics card by then, I'll get it on PC, otherwise I'll just get it on 360.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 7:55:14 AM PDT
I would definitely get it on PC if I hadn't purchased it yet on PS3 and 360. Having it on PC too would just make me feel like a complete nerd - which I am.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 8:04:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 8:04:30 AM PDT
Justify a PC purchase by getting the Bethesda collection during a Steam sale. Like me when I bought my 3rd version of Oblivion and 2nd version of Morrowind.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 8:05:01 AM PDT
Haha, I have purchased Oblivion a total of 9 times on all systems...no joke.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 8:07:29 AM PDT
Frankenzubaz says:
Too good of a game to wait. I only bought it once. Then I bought Dawnguard. And I'll buy the rest when they are released. Some things are worth the extra cost.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 8:09:26 AM PDT
Peter Faden says:
I would lean in the PC direction. I have Skyrim for the PS3, and there are still game breaking bugs. Also, no mods on the console.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 8:18:47 AM PDT
Not only are there mods, but fans can use mods to fix/improve elements of the game well after the developer has moved on.

Just look at some of the graphics mods for Morrowind and Oblivion, and tweaks (such as fixing chests that reset and steal all of your items) that mods have accomplished.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 8:35:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 8:36:13 AM PDT
Surprised, i thought this wasn't exactly your cup of tea.

I too am waiting for GOTY edition. Probably on Steam. Summer/Winter sale 75% off... so $10. And this will be the only version i buy, once.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 8:39:37 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
Eh, I can't wait that long. I'll be playing Fallout 4 why you guys have the lovely Skyrim GOTY.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 8:40:35 AM PDT
Like dragons with the Macho Man "OH YEAH!!!" voice.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 8:42:10 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Well, Oblivion didn't do a whole lot for me, but Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are two of the best games this gen, IMHO. So I'm very interested since it's Bethesda, but my prior experience with Oblivion made me hold off for now. I'm really looking forward to it, though, especially knowing they implemented some of the stuff from FO3.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 8:51:10 AM PDT
Only problem when the other person says exactly what I was going to say is that I come off sounding like a doppledanger.

Doppledang it. Worse then being ninjaed.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 9:29:48 AM PDT
Anthony says:
I'm definitely waiting for the inevitable GOTY edition. at the moment i plan on getting it for the 360. i might wind up getting it on the pc as well a few years from now, when i have a pc that can actually handle it. and when there are a lot of mods out for it.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  164
Initial post:  Aug 8, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions