Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Android game Dead Trigger is now free due to rampant piracy

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 23, 2012 1:15:14 PM PDT
https://www.facebook.com/DEADTRIGGER/posts/228353737287174

Regarding price drop. HERE is our statement. The main reason: piracy rate on Android devices, that was unbelievably high. At first we intend to make this game available for as many people as possible - that's why it was for as little as buck. - It was much less than 8$ for SHADOWGUN but on the other hand we didn't dare to provide it for free, since we hadn't got XP with free-to-play format so far. - However, even for one buck, the piracy rate is soooo giant, that we finally decided to provide DEAD TRIGGER for free. Anyway - DEAD TRIGGER is not FREEMIUM, it always was and still remains FREE-TO-PLAY, that means, all players are able to play it without IAP! We stand up for this statement, because all members of our team are playing (and enjoying) DEAD TRIGGER without IAP.

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 1:25:08 PM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
IAP = In App Purchases for anyone who doesn't know.

Everyone really needs to buy this game though, so this guy can take a class on how to properly format a press release. That was hard to read.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 1:27:57 PM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Is this the one that the Ouya team has been heavily touting as running on their prototype?

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 1:29:04 PM PDT
Sweet. No more developers! No more developers!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 1:33:01 PM PDT
No that is coming from Robert Bowling and it's a prequel to Human Element. Work apparently just got started on it so we've only seen some concept art thus far.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 1:33:54 PM PDT
No, that is Human Element or something like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 1:34:19 PM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Nah, the one I'm thinking of is an over-the-shoulder TPS. They've talked it up a bit.

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 1:36:35 PM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
Kirk is right. If you check the Ouya page and look at the pictures of the Ouya's home screen, Dead Trigger is right there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 1:38:28 PM PDT
Ah I know the one you're talking about now. I was thinking of their first "announced" game they've been talking up for the last week.

Dead Trigger is that Gears of War type game no?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 1:38:30 PM PDT
Oh, that is ShadowGun but it is not specific to Ouya. That was a Tegra 3 demo.

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 1:39:58 PM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Perhaps "heavily" touting is the confusing qualifier here. Saw it in the vid and she focused on it in an interview that I read.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 1:41:48 PM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Aha! That's the one I'm thinking of - ShadowGun.

ShadowTriggerDeadGun. That one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 1:45:41 PM PDT
Can we pirate anyway? I'd rather get it from a shady virus ridden source... It makes me feel like a real man. Same reason I buy my alcohol from that 8 yo kid behind the elementary school.

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 2:23:54 PM PDT
T. E. Maddox says:
Of course they made it free less than a week after I purchased it and the update broke the game on the Nexus 7.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 5:08:02 PM PST
Homaira says:
What the hell man. Why doesnt the amazon appstore have Dead Trigger Amazon please make this.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Jul 23, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions