Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

best buy trade in questions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2012 11:39:42 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
i am going to be trading in a few games tonight, but still trying to decide if i am going to gamestop or best buy.

will best buy give full value for games without the book? and i have a 3ds game that i bought used from gamestop a month or so ago that looks like it was chewed up a little buy a dog. game works fine, just doesnt look pretty. you think they'll have a problem with that?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 12:05:10 PM PST
Gamestop says:
You can bring us all your shit and we'll gladly give you a large some of credit in return.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 12:07:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 12:08:25 PM PST
klopas says:
Hey man, you used to be Gamestop. Why'd you start working for Best Buy? As Best Buy, are you the no nonsense take no prisoners type? As Gamestop you were very polite.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 12:09:28 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 16, 2012 12:10:08 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:14:05 PM PST
Marvelous says:
I love how when he was "Gamestop" he was always very respectful, with well thought out postings.

Now as Best Buy, he's like Eh well take your shit. Lol

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 1:14:57 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
G to best buy, they only care about the game. The last time I went to GameStop they wanted to give me half of what best buy would.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 1:33:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 1:37:02 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
I prefer trading games in at Best Buy over Gamestop. They frequently run double value on trade-ins and you get more with that than what Gamestop would give you. Also, now with BB's new video game section you can take your trade-ins right to their register instead of having to wait in line at the customer service desk, which meant dealing with employees who didn't know how to ring them up. Plus you can use the BB gift card they give you on anything in the store in case you feel like buying something other than video game related stuff. I don't particularly like buying anything other than used games at Gamestop (and I rarely do that) so I don't really want Gamestop credit. Best Buy credit is much more useful to me.

One other advantage BB has is you can check to see what you can get for your trade-ins on their website. You can't on Gamestop's website. You have to just guess what you might get based on how much they sell the used version of the same game for. They usually give you about 1/3 of what they sell them for but on some games it may be even less than that.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions