Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 307 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:48:36 AM PST
He just lost the presidential election.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:48:52 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Next to the Sofa King.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:49:11 AM PST
"I keep saying original content sells and i'm not talking about the new AssCreed."

Opinions. I bought mine because I wanted access to a second analog stick for my digital PSP library.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:49:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 7:50:26 AM PST
I.Flores says:
Now AC Liberation is a port? Gimme a farking break.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:50:06 AM PST
The Dreamcast isn't the 3DS. Goes to show you shouldn't be on a video game forum if you can't even tell consoles/handhelds apart.

And good for you. Personal insults. Shows you're intelligent.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:50:52 AM PST
It's not some new IP I haven't heard about. It's part of an already established series.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:51:12 AM PST
I.Flores says:
Guess we're not allowed to say the "s" word anymore.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:51:20 AM PST
klopas says:
I bought a used Vita for a reasonable price and I'm impressed with the hardware in comparison to the 3DS. Just needs games, but I am looking forward to Persona 4, PS Allstars, and Soul Sacrifice. I pre-ordered Dragon's Crown for the PS3, so maybe there's cross-play capability there?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:52:19 AM PST
I.Flores says:
Old IP =/= port.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:52:22 AM PST
Hah!

You're starting to dig pretty deep now. I'm just pointing out your distaste for the vita and suggesting a possible reason for it. You're a fairly defensive one aren't you?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:53:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 7:54:14 AM PST
Loading the question again.

AC:Lib is a standalone new game with a new lead. Your failure is showing.

If you think this is a "port", you are obviously the one that does not need to be on a video game forum talking about why a handheld is supposedly failing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:53:40 AM PST
jtshiel says:
shit?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:54:02 AM PST
I'm part of the "I debate on the internetz for enjoyment" brigade. It's just how I am.

I don't dislike the Vita.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:54:03 AM PST
I.Flores says:
Aye

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:54:34 AM PST
Old IP which is just like every other game in the series is a port.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:56:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 7:57:13 AM PST
No. You are entirely wrong.

http://www.techterms.com/definition/port
3. The verb, "port." This refers to the editing of a software program's code so that it can run on another platform. For example, to get Final Fantasy VII to run on a PC, programmers needed to port it to the PC from the Playstation. Popular Windows games are often ported to the Macintosh as well.

http://psp.about.com/od/pspglossary/a/Port-Game-Definition.htm
Port (Game)
Definition:

Noun: A game that is developed for one system's hardware, then released on a second system. The developer sometimes makes a few tweaks to the port, such as cleaning up the graphics and music, or they may add new content, like extra in-game videos. Due to differences between system hardware, a "lazy port" may result in a game that has a lot of bugs/glitches.

Ports of PS2 games, and to a lesser degree, PS1 games, are very common on the PSP. Some of the better ports on PSP include Persona 3 Portable, Disgaea and Disgaea 2, GTA: Vice City Stories, and Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions.

Verb: The action of modifying a game for release on a second system.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:57:18 AM PST
I.Flores says:
You have absolutely no idea what the word "port" in gaming means.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:57:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 8:01:12 AM PST
prsmooth says:
Right.

So 3DS only has games that are original and not some spinoff from console counterparts ?

So,
Mario 3D Land
Super Mario Bros 2
Mario Kart 7
Legend of Zelda: OOT
Splinter Cell
Castlevania Lords of Shadow (Coming Soon)
Metal Gear Snake Eater
Tales of the Abyss
Resident Evil Revelations

(and I can go on and on)

...are original? Not part of an established console franchise?

Ok Einstein.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:58:52 AM PST
Soulshine says:
The best ports come from Portugal.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:59:33 AM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
I wonder what Ohio4RP is doing in here when he could be out teaching everyone how to enjoy their own games and which systems to buy. But hey, I guess we should all be grateful he is here to crack eggs of knowledge on our heads!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:04:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 8:05:07 AM PST
Lucanus says:
A lot of that had to do with Sony not shipping many ps2 units. It sold out day 1 with ease. There were riots over it. The ps2 if enough hardware were available would have put the Wii launch to shame.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:04:54 AM PST
I.Flores says:
Exactly the Wii launch scenario.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:05:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 8:12:02 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Nintendo shipped 2x more units than Sony did, we went over this already. But that isn't really the point. I see that Ohio guy as completely insane, plus I see the SDF being a bit too defensive. The Vita situation isn't in dire straits, but it is in trouble. Both sides are a bit wrong, IMHO, with this discussion. The 3DS has a 20 million lead and growing. Most developers aren't going to target 3 million users when they can target 20+million. Sure there will be a few exceptions here and there, but for the most part if Sony doesn't close that gap (which is growing weekly) the Vita will suffer from lack of third party support. Just like the GC did with the ps2. While it isn't over for the Vita (suggesting it is... is silly) there is a major problem with current sales that Sony has completely ignored for whatever inane reason.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:05:53 AM PST
"If it doesn't pick up any steam this holiday season, the Vita won't have a chance in a year or so to even make a dent in the market."

They said the same thing about my PSP... yet it was my most used system and had some of the best games.

Reasons why I think the Vita is a good system:

1. Dual Analog Stick
2. More powerful than 3DS and PsP
3. Nice Widescreen
4. Dual Analog Stick
5. It doubles as an MP3 player for me so I can listen to music at work
6. Ability to download lots of nice games from the PSN, including old PsP games and PS1 classics (yes i know this was added later)
7. It's starting library was great IMO. I love Lumines, Hot Shots Gold, Rayman Origins and a few of the PSN games at the time.
8. DUAL ANALOG STICK.
9. While I don't care either way, it has a decent camcorder oddly enough. though Not a great Camera.

Things I don't like about the Vita but deal with anyway
1. Gimmicks + Touch screen (I HAAAATE gimmicks and touch screens, any game that requires the use of it while i'm trying to control things auto fails in my book.. I'm looking at you Resistance Burning Skies) I just want to play the game not... interact with it... if that makes sense
2. Yeah it's Memory Card prices are a bit steep, but not the biggest deal in the world
3. It's library hasn't developed yet... but it will... We are starting to get some nice games, I would love for MH as I mentioned, for now I can still play the PSP Version on it with the dual analog stick to control the camera.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:13:59 AM PST
Chocolette says:
I hope the Vita picks up. Actually, if publishers just published some of the existing Japanese games in English, I'd be ecstatic.

I like the use of the touch screen in menus. Or in ac3 lib - zooming in and out of maps. It's now a very natural move after years of smartphone use. That's smart touchscreen implementation. The other stuff, not so much.

I also love the dual analog stick. Works perfectly.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  61
Total posts:  307
Initial post:  Jun 21, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions