Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Vita, you might as well give up now because you have loss the handheld battle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 307 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:40:08 PM PDT
Modern Bear says:
Oh brother. I better change my mind and buy a Vita because an Assassins Creed game is coming out for the Vita (rolls eyes). This is a pretty sad argument.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:41:32 PM PDT
Tanky John says:
1 game isn't enough to sell a system. Kiddie games? I'm playing Resident Evil on my 3DS, is that kiddie?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:41:42 PM PDT
DVvM says:
There are good games on handhelds that aren't just spinoffs of big console games. In fact, almost all the good games on handhelds aren't just spinoffs of big console games.

The Vita won't be getting Etrian Odyssey IV, for example.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:42:12 PM PDT
Paper Tiger says:
Understandable. I would be totally bummed if I had already played most of the Vita games or had a preference for the console version. I was thrilled to find out that I could play ICO and SoTC on the Vita now. I'm also trying out God of War for the first time thanks to the Vita (well soon anyway).

I guess I just don't understand why people would be so quick to sell a new console or even bash it. Obviously a launch purchase is not a good idea for many people. The 3DS was in the same boat at this point in it's life (with only slightly better sales). When I bought one last August people I knew actually made fun of me and told me I would have no games when the thing was shelved by Nintendo.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 9:44:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2012 10:12:57 PM PDT
I. Flores says:
Jaw, I never really thought about you being the mindless fanboy type.

Guess I was wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:47:17 PM PDT
Modern Bear says:
This folks is how the word "irony" is defined.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 9:48:30 PM PDT
R. J. Gutt says:
what 'battle'? VITA is a separate product in its own right. You VGF posters glamorize and over-indulge everything.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:49:58 PM PDT
DVvM says:
No, only one product in each category is allowed to be successful. Pepsi is a complete and utter failure because Coke sells more cola, but Dr. Pepper shames and humiliates Mr. Pibb.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:53:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2012 9:53:46 PM PDT
Paper Tiger says:
Yep. I'm a huge fan of handhelds these days and I agree with Jason that competition makes things better. Nintendo will work harder to get us to give them out money. Sony on the other hand...not sure what their management thinks about if anything. The Vita could be simply amazing in it's own right if Sony paid attention to the market demands.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:56:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2012 9:57:14 PM PDT
Modern Bear says:
It's a battle for customers. I am a customer. I want to get a handheld. I have to decide if I want one that will be supported with tons of great games or one that may or may not have many in the future. If either company wants to make money they need customers, and have to battle over them by appealing to the most customers.

One thing for sure, I don't want to be in the situation I was in when I opted to buy an Atari Lynx over a Nintendo Gameboy around 1990, just based on technology specs alone. That didn't work out too well, in fact it was a complete waste of money. I'm not saying the Vita is going to be in that bad of a situation, in fact they probably already have more games than the Lynx did, but they better get their posteriors in gear soon and find a way to boost sales. Developers are going to jump ship once they finish the current games they are working on. You can't sell many games for a system that isn't in many hands.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:58:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2012 10:13:11 PM PDT
I. Flores says:
Why irony? I'm biased. Nobody would be surprised if I posted a one sided statement.

Jaw on the other hand

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 10:01:22 PM PDT
Modern Bear says:
It's still irony because you threw that stone. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Now if someone else had made the statement it wouldn't be so ironic.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 10:02:35 PM PDT
[G.H.O.S.T.] says:
Like was said before, Sony needs to focus more on original games for the Vita, preferably interesting ones. As a gamer, features aren't going to hook me in...games are. I was ready for a new handheld, and chose the 3DS over the Vita. The games hooked me in.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 10:36:45 PM PDT
saskamazon says:
the Vita does have some cool downloadable content & Gravity Rush is quite enjoyable. I'm only 3 chapters in, but very engaged with it & would say it's one of my fav. Vita games to date ....

which isn't to say I would want to be without my 3DS .... both are pretty great devices.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 10:44:53 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I am fine with my DS. I got the Castlevania games and there are some great RPG's and I am eyeing the Aliens game. I might upgrade in a few years but don't play enough to warrant upgrading. I almost splurged on a Vita but I am glad that I didn't, as other than Uncharted and maybe Gravity Rush nothing looks that appealing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 10:47:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2012 10:47:32 PM PDT
Pick 34 says:
I wish I hadn't splurged. I haven't touched it gaming wise in forever. Total buyer's remorse..

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 10:52:37 PM PDT
Have you heard the phrase "it's never wise to put too many eggs in one basket"?

Liberation is not a Vita killer app by any means. Go ahead and subscribe to that line of thinking if it makes you feel better, but it's just not true.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 11:04:57 PM PDT
rpd123 says:
Not gonna lie, the AC3 Liberation announcement made me want a Vita. I'm a massive massive AC fan so that game really makes me want to get it. I also really like Uncharted and Resistance and I hear Gravity Rush is awesome so the Vita is looking pretty good to me despite its obscene price. Plus you can stream Netflix and watch movies and it has apps (?) I believe. Honestly the only Nintendo games I like are Zelda, Pokemon, and anything Mario Bros. And I already have my brothers old DS and all the old Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon games I want so getting a 3DS would be a little pointless.

I also don't like it when people say that the Vita game library is only ports and sequels, because if you look at the 3DS library a sizable chunk of the games are ports or sequels.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 11:09:12 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I don't have a horse in this fight but if you compare their libraries the 3DS has a superior one. Of course that could change down the road, and hopefully the Vita does compete as the more competition the better.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 11:30:24 PM PDT
rpd123 says:
I do agree that the 3DS has a superior library. It's just that in my personal situation, it'd make more sense to go for a Vita. Hopefully as time goes on the PS Vita library will build, but people seem to forget that the 3DS has had a year and a half to build up it's library and the Vita has only had a few months. I'm sure that the Vita library will have improved greatly by this time next year.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 11:35:26 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
If I had the money, and the choice of one system I would take the 3DS due to the game library. But that is right now. That could change down the road. I am not keen on plunking down so much money and having to get a memory card and Uncharted unless I get it used is still fifty bucks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 11:44:39 PM PDT
Facelord says:
Haaa, that's funny. Nintendo releases a 3DS XL without a second slide pad and you honestly think the Vita is inferior?

The Vita has two tilting analog sticks, a five-inch, 544p OLED screen. It's easily more powerful than any tablet or smartphone on the market right now and its battery life is great. You can multitask with the Vita, the online store is great and you don't have to deal with friend codes.

The 3DS XL has one slide pad, two 240p LCD screens. It was weaker than the average smartphone when it released in 2010 and it's currently a dinosaur, it's pretty much a bump above the PSP in specs(and its screens are lower resolution than the PSP's 480x272 resolution screen). Its battery life will almost certainly be about as good as the Vita's(if not worse), the 3DS eShop is abominable and you have to deal with friend codes.

3DS, you might as well have given up the instant the Vita was announced because you have lost the handheld battle.

See how stupid you look? Imbecile.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 11:50:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2012 11:54:12 PM PDT
I have zero buyers remorse for my Vita. It's an awesome unit & I play it everyday. I have 9 games for my Vita. The Screen is without a doubt the best mobile screen out right now.

I also have a 3DS & enjoy this unit as well. Played & finished Resident Evil: Revelations (Incredible game, especially with the CPP). I play all games with full 3D. I have 12 games for the 3DS (just bought Batman 2 & will get Amazing Spiderman this Tuesday) . My 6 year old son uses the 3DS the most as I have gravitated to the Vita.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 11:51:42 PM PDT
Facelord says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 11:51:55 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
Easy bro. You seem really angry right now. All the specs in the world mean nothing if you don't have games for it. Hell if I had a ten inch wanker and never got laid what would be the point of having it?

Oh and Jawwad is not an imbecile. He is actually a pretty cool guy, so put your middle school Good Charlotte angst away. Relax, have a beer and play with your wanker.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
16 minutes of Dragon Age: Inquisition 60 2 minutes ago
OT: We should invade North Korea and save the North Korean people. 49 4 minutes ago
XBL sale on 360 games starting 06/08 (No Gold sub needed) 68 4 minutes ago
MIA*˛ 2205 5 minutes ago
PS4 with Second Son, 3 months of Plus, and a Dell gift card for $450 10 7 minutes ago
OT: Has Nutzu become a liberal parody stereotype of his former self? 17 8 minutes ago
Dear Xbox One fans, it's time to stop being angry about Destiny 2 10 minutes ago
Would you date a girl... 7 12 minutes ago
Thoughts on the Halo & Gears Of War series? 69 13 minutes ago
OT: Officer Fatally Shoots 18-Year-Old Special Needs Girl - Will cops ever stop shooting dogs and the mentally challenged? 115 17 minutes ago
OT: I just watched 5 minutes of Benny Hinn 0 17 minutes ago
Fact: Nintendo is best this gen. 30 23 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  61
Total posts:  307
Initial post:  Jun 21, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions