Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

If the world is indeed ending on 12/21/12, what would be your one video gaming regret?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 108 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:43:44 AM PST
The thing with VC is that I like it. If it's a Japanese game that I like, you know it's something really special!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:52:13 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I'd second that opinion. It starts out kinda fun, but after the first ten hours devolves into frustrating trial and error rather than thoughtful strategic gaming. The story is fairly generic anime rebellion vs. empire stuff. The graphics are very pretty, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:54:07 AM PST
Prankster says:
Have you finished Demon's Souls Nate? How did you find it later on?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:54:48 AM PST
I haven't. Still pretty early, need to beat the Flamelurker.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:57:02 AM PST
That (in my opinion) is the absolute hardest straight-up boss fight in the game.

Unless you know how to... stop him.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:57:31 AM PST
R. Typo says:
I bought this for $15 during black friday, and have played it a little bit, up to the point where you get to pick a bunch of members for your platoon. It seems innocent, basic, and fun enough, though that's too bad to hear that it devolves into frustration. Frustration always frustrates my prostate, and backs up my colon, so VC, if you're out there listening - not cool bro.

I just played a little bit of Fire Emblem, the Sacred stones, and it's like a cartoony, japanese Game of Thrones. I'm starting to really like this whole SRPG 'fad,' that all you cool kids have been raving about for years.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:58:41 AM PST
Yeah, I'm gonna try going in blind for now.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 12:00:04 PM PST
Mrs. User says:
I know. I am shamed. If for some reason the apocalypse is cancelled, I might try and get a 360 next year.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 12:00:52 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Playing Too Human.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 12:01:03 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
There's a demo out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 12:01:44 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Not to mention forcing the leader into a tank with a gigantic 1 shot-1kill weakpoint and then making the leader dying a instant gameover is one of the stupidest design decisions I've ever experienced.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 12:03:35 PM PST
Prankster says:
Ooooh, I loved that fight. I had heard he was the toughest in the game and it certainly felt like it although I beat him on my first try because certain necessary attributes of mine were leveled up. His movements are definitely the hardest to counter though.

For me the toughest was The False King. I needed help for that one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 12:05:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 12:05:49 PM PST
You'll feel much more accomplished if you do.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 12:06:45 PM PST
I never had much trouble with that one. FL was a huge pain because in my early days I always just melee'd him to death.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 12:07:36 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
You should look into The Banner Saga. It's very pretty and an SRPG. And it's about vikings.

If you need to hear more than that, I question your taste in...everything...

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 12:07:45 PM PST
Noble Seven says:
The world is NOT ending but my regret is that I am missing out on borderlands 2.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 12:08:22 PM PST
That Bioshock Infinite never got to see the light of day:(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 12:09:20 PM PST
OP says:
Well, an issue if you want to use the tank, but I think the tank is just too limited in mobility, so it tends to sit back for me regardless (except in the missions where you need to use it for some purpose, like the smoke rounds). Mobility in the game is critical, because if you want to max your rewards from a battle, you have to be fast.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 12:09:40 PM PST
Prankster says:
Hah, I wasn't exactly aware of how a character should be leveled up in an RPG so I just went about evenly strengthening him in all stats. Eventually it helped me a lot against all the bosses since I always had an easy way out but when it came to PvP, I got my ass handed to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 12:10:05 PM PST
Well said.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 12:11:25 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
SRPG = fail

For me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 12:25:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 12:25:22 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Nerd.

After the first time you fail a mission and lose an hour's worth of progress, you will start saving before every move, making sure you do everything perfectly or that enemies don't randomly dodge out of your perfectly set-up attack. It will suck. It helps, however, that the enemy AI doesn't seem to want to actually win. They often ignore easy targets that would cause an instant failure in order to chase rainbows, pick flowers, shoot at walls, and other anime type things.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 12:27:53 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
You get a pass, then, and I won't question your taste.

Except for your taste in winter fashion. What the heck do you think you are wearing?!

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 12:28:27 PM PST
evercreed says:
That I never played a Ratchet and Clank game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 12:28:43 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I'm nekkid!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  56
Total posts:  108
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions