Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I'm going to buy a Vita, am I an Idiot?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 68 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2012 7:41:24 AM PST
jtshiel says:
So I'm going to the get the AssCreed Lib bundle on Black Friday. And then I'm going to have an instant game collection from plus. But what happens when I finish those games? Will I ever play it again? Should I get a Wii U instead? I have a DS that mainly collects dust.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:42:32 AM PST
I'd get a Wii U for the exact same reason you mention. My DS collects dust. I prefer console/PC gaming over portables.

However, the Vita is a cool little machine. If you think you'll use it, go for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:43:01 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I'm close to doing the same thing, so I may also be stupid. But at least I'm getting about $75 in gift cards from a gas station loyalty card and $25 off from the gamestop powerup rewards thing. So a half price Vita? I can get behind that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:43:55 AM PST
jtshiel says:
There's a $25.00 off powerup rewards thing?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:45:01 AM PST
No, I'm a little jealous that you get the white Vita and I have to have this stupid black one. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:45:33 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
PS+ renews their "free" games monthly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:45:45 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Racist.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:46:01 AM PST
jtshiel says:
When I do play the DS for over 30 minutes my hands sort of get crampy. Is the Vita more comfortable for adult hands?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:46:40 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
No. And the two cheap grips don't help either.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:46:40 AM PST
klopas says:
You're not an idiot for buying anything gaming related unless you can't afford it. Live within your means. Vita is a good system. There will be more games coming out - it's just having a slow start.

I bought one around two weeks ago and I've used it almost every day. I'm also buying a Wii U. If I had to choose between one, I'd probably go with the Wii U simply because I'm eager to play several of the launch games.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:47:24 AM PST
prsmooth says:
Like Elect Tron said, if you are more of a console than portable gamer then I wouldn't recommend it.

With that said, the PS Vita is a great portable with some good games out. Plus, there are more to come. Especially if you are a an existing Plus member, its worth it since you will get "free" and discounted vita games at no extra cost.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:48:05 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Oh really? Bummer. I was hoping since it looks more ergonomic it would be more comfortable.
I may go with the Wii U then.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:48:08 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
If you redeem 25000 points you can print a $25 off coupon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:50:08 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Cool, I only have half that though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:50:54 AM PST
Yes. If you are into handhelds I'd recommend a 3DS XL as well, nice size and has some really unique experiences.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:51:01 AM PST
Chocolette says:
The white Vita is absolutely beautiful. Sooo pretty. Waiting for next week for PS plus. Then. Um. Hmm. Um. Yeah.

Publishers, please bring over games.

But then again, I prefer portables to consoles.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:51:20 AM PST
Yeah, this is how I got Halo 4.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:51:47 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Yeah, won't help you then. Here's the text from the website. If you have 10k they have a $10 off one. Any little bit helps, right?

"$25 Off The Purchase of Any One GameStop Item

The only thing better than getting your hands on the hottest new game is saving some cold cash when you do it. Use this coupon and save on the next item you purchase at GameStop. That is so money, if we do say so ourselves. Printable Coupon for In-Store Use Only. . Valid on one item only. Not valid toward DLC.

25,000 POINTS"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:52:26 AM PST
You're an I for about 450 other reasons. Buying a Vita should have no affect.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:54:14 AM PST
Vita doesnt hurt my hands at all there are lots of good games and Uncharted Unit 13 and Gravity Rush and LBP are all really good. I also preferred to play Rayman on the Vita, other games I didnt think worked well on Vita I didnt like Most Wanted or AC Lib they felt like watered down versions of console series.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:05:49 AM PST
The irony of this post is...OVER 9000.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:06:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 8:08:26 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Get Sine Mora (try the demo). Then wait for Killzone and Soul Sacrifice.

Its not a bad platform , and if it were to die in a year or two, there are still hundreds of PSP games you can play on it. I never owned a PSP, so all new to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:08:06 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
You said the i- word!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:08:45 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I think I might do the same, but it depends on how much Gamestop will give me for a broken Xbox. I've never played a Vita or even seen one in person.

And if that makes me an Idolt, then I'll be the smartest most handsome Idolt of all Black Friday!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:09:44 AM PST
You're my favorite idolt!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  68
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions