Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: 12 year old boy found guilty of murdering white supremacist father

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 43 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 14, 2013 7:19:48 PM PST
http://www.examiner.com/article/12-year-old-guilty-of-murder-after-killing-white-supremacist-dad

Monday, a judge found a 12-year-old guilty of murder over the shooting death of Jeffrey Hall, a white supremacist and neo-Nazi activist. While the California boy, 10 at the time he killed his father, won't be charged as an adult, he could be held in a juvenile facility until he turns 23.

On Jan. 14, My Fox 8 provided an update on the story that has gripped the town of Riverside since the boy shot and killed his father back in 2011. The judge's finding that the 12-year-old boy is guilty of murder is shocking to some who believed the child had no other choice; sources say there is a history of abuse.

However, the judge presiding over the murder trial regarding Jeffrey Hall's death said the boy knew right from wrong when he put the barrel of the gun against the head of his sleeping father and pulled the trigger.

The defense's case focused on the child's upbringing, which was rife with turmoil, specifically how his father's life was steeped in fostering an all-white race, free from anyone of color.

Hall's devotion to white supremacy was part of his household. Sources say he held many recruiting meetings at his home in the presence of his son.

Psychologists focused on whether the child's birth mother's alleged use of heroin, LSD and other illicit drugs had something to do with the boy's history of violence, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Nonetheless, the judge obviously didn't buy the argument and believes the 12-year-old is guilty of murder.

Only thing that remains is the sentencing portion of the trial. The same judge has to decide if the boy is held in a juvenile facility, placed in some alternate form of treatment or even placed on probation.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 7:20:22 PM PST
I. Flores says:
Somebody give that boy a medal

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 7:21:08 PM PST
Sounds like a bad Lifetime movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 7:22:00 PM PST
And a glass of therapy too....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 7:24:25 PM PST
Anthony says:
if the kid was was being sentenced as an adult, this would actually be news.

honestly, i have no knowledge of this case beyond what's posted here and a snippet or two i've caught on the news, but if the kid did murder the guy, then, frankly, he's getting off easy.

that's not to say his father wasn't a worthless p.o.s. who deserved it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 9:06:22 PM PST
Yes, that makes sense. This boy is being punished unjustly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 9:35:50 PM PST
AndrewA says:
Could you argue that it was self defense? Can you stretch it like that?

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 9:39:09 PM PST
This is sad. Hate was answered with hate.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 2:30:44 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Hopefully his sentence is a five minute time out. Sounds like this kid rid the world of some garbage.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 4:27:12 AM PST
Voice of god says:
No. Self-defense requires an imminent threat of bodily harm. I don't think you're going to get that unless the dad was a sleep-murderer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 4:33:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 4:41:31 AM PST
I have several degrees in sleep-murder science and that man definitely had a terrible case of the sleepytimekillkills.

Mog PhD

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:00:05 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
Honestly he would have probably been better off shooting him while they were in an argument. Most women who are in an abusive relationship that kill there husband etc is counted as self defense. His mistake was he did it while he was sleeping even though it was the same type of situation.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:17:45 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Considering he was a ten year old boy with a very large and scary father, asleep was probably the only time he thought he'd get the chance. Sure, he would have been better considered in court, but he was just a kid in a bad situation and probably had very little understanding of the US criminal justice system. Hell, I didn't know diddly about it until the OJ trial when I was 11.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:22:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 5:22:55 AM PST
Voice of god says:
Yeah, why didn't that 10-year-old child think years ahead to the trial when deciding the best way to murder his father?

It's like he's never killed anyone before. Amateur hour.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:27:49 AM PST
It's sad that the boy responded with murder....

Regardless of whether or not I agree with the fathers convictions (I don't), freedom of expression/speech is still our right. Praising the boy for murdering his father in his sleep because of what he believed in is definitely not commendable.

Some people seem to be under the mindset that the boy committed this atrocious act solely to combat prejudice...There's nothing saying that the boy didn't agree with the fathers convictions and simply off him for a different reason.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:30:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 5:30:31 AM PST
Voice of god says:
No no, murder is okay if we don't like the victim. It's in the Constitution. And the Bible. Jesus said so.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:37:30 AM PST
SMH says:
Haha I was thinking the same thing. Isn't this also the part where we bring up gun control and that a 10 year old boy shouldn't have had access to a gun in the first place? Or do we just leave that out as well because the guy was a racist?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:39:51 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Finally! Someone who gets it!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:23:20 AM PST
FOGE says:
I vote we take the kid to court and give him an all black jury.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:48:25 AM PST
If he was being abused like the story says, it should be self defense. I actually think he should be held but only long enough to get him some counseling. The world will not miss his dad.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:49:12 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
His defense team should say that his dad's real name was Fred Krueger.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:50:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 6:50:29 AM PST
Soulshine says:
This criminal should be stripped of all his rights.

Oops, wrong thread!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:50:37 AM PST
LogJam says:
I think society dodged a bullet (!) on this one. If the kid allowed himself more time to mature and internalize his anger (they don't go hand in hand, but in this case I think they would have), he would have most likely taken his sucky childhood out on someone who wasn't involved in it at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:57:25 AM PST
Lol!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:07:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 7:08:10 AM PST
And the boys name should be Michael Myers. He was the same age as Mike when he killed his sister...
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  43
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions