Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Mass Effect Sequel 'In Early Stages of Development'

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 14, 2012 12:55:28 PM PST
The latter; just ME2 that has the digital comic. They're patching ME2 so that the full save file can be imported from ME1, so ps3 players can have the FULL ME trilogy experience the same as 360 players.

I'm guessing that the patched ME2 will recognise if you've NOT played ME1 and will still play the digital comic :)

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:29:26 AM PST
NeoStar9 says:
Sort of off topic question. Does the PS3 version of Mass Effect 3 come with a digital comic that covers ME1 and ME2 or is it just ME2 that has the comic coving ME1?

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:22:34 AM PST
"could possibly be the definitive version."

"- Game features improved texture popping and better performance on PS3
- Uses the Mass Effect 1 engine with Mass Effect 2 PS3 touch-ups
- These improvements are specific to the PS3 (360 won't get the performance upgrades)"

sounds like the definitive version to me.

"God I can't wait to platinum ME1."

+1 :D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 3:02:59 AM PST
Nicos says:
Sweet customized vans with wizards airbrushed on the side.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 10:29:08 AM PST
Sounds like the best version. I didn't think the others got ME2 DLC.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:49:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 3:48:15 PM PST
yeah, on that note.... How long did PS2 games continue their release when PS3 was out? I think at least the first full year, right? I would imagine it'd be the same for current gen, because not everyone is going to jump on the bandwagon right away. And game companies wouldn't be stupid enough to just make anything "new" unplayable with the hardware MOST people will still have.

It's like saying "oh, here's a new game, retail price $60. But it's really going to cost you $560 because you'll have to buy the console too, sorry." That wouldn't be smart business until they at least had a larger library releasing close to each other.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:19:15 AM PST
Bobbum Man says:
Because as soon as next gen consoles arrive they will no longer make games for the 360 and PS3 right?

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:14:12 AM PST
God I can't wait to platinum ME1.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:01:24 AM PST
Probably.

Smart business decision IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:57:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 6:58:07 AM PST
prsmooth says:
My understanding is they will also release it on blu-ray for the Trilogy Pack - no mention of how many discs though.

It could be a download code included in the retail case for all we know. But no mention of that either.

However, it won't be made available as a standalone physical game aside from the Trilogy Pack.

This is what Ryan said:
"We have since passed the game on to manufacturing. I'm happy to announce that on December 4, 2012 PlayStation 3 owners will be able to play the original Mass Effect for the first time, either by getting the Mass Effect Trilogy in stores or downloading Mass Effect as a standalone title through the PlayStation Network."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:51:37 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
Actually they are releasing ME1 alone on the PS3, through PSN not a physical copy. $15.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:47:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 6:48:24 AM PST
prsmooth says:
Doesn't seem they will use ME3 engine for ME1. However, it looks like they are making it better than the original Xbox 360 version.

This is what Ryan Warden, External Bioware Producer, had to say:

- No plans to release Mass Effect 1 physically on PS3 as a standalone title
- Edge of Reality is working closely with BioWare on the title (Dragon Age: Origins console developer)
- "Performance feels really good overall"
- The team wants to retain the Mass Effect 1 experience while making some targeted fixes
- Game features improved texture popping and better performance on PS3
- Uses the Mass Effect 1 engine with Mass Effect 2 PS3 touch-ups
- These improvements are specific to the PS3 (360 won't get the performance upgrades)

http://gamingeverything.com/30307/mass-effect-1-ps3-details-edge-of-reality-helping-texture-poppingperformance-improved-more/

Here is his blog, which he talks about it in more detail:
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/11/01/ryan-warden-an-update-on-the-mass-effect-trilogy/

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:43:02 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
The absence of "Arrival" and the fact that no DLC from ME3 is included is why I'm not buying this. Arrival is pivotal to understanding why Sheppard is on Earth in the third entry, and fun as well. Also, they should be including all the weapons/skins packs. No reason except for greed. For shame, Bioware/EA.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:33:51 AM PST
Will they use the ME3 engine to build ME1? If so, could possibly be the definitive version.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:30:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 6:30:34 AM PST
prsmooth says:
PS3 Trilogy pack will include following DLC:

ME1: Bring Down the Sky
ME2: All the story DLC, except Arrival
ME3: No DLC

It has been published on Bioware site

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:21:22 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I want all the stuff they put into Mass Effect 3 but more of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:05:53 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
That would be good. This thread is making me want to replay the series again. If the upcoming PS3 trilogy pack had all the DLC, I would bite for that. This series isn't complete without the DLC. Shadowbroker is quite possibly the single greatest piece of DLC I've ever played.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:00:45 AM PST
I'd like to see them move into the future where races are reactiving the Mass Relays or something so it's less "big government" running space and more wild west (Firefly)

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 5:56:06 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
Forgot to add, go back to your roots. I loved the inventory system ME1 had. Loot is a good thing. I also loved driving the Mako around the vacant planets. If this is a next-gen game, there should be no issue having empty planets along with the nice environments included in the newer ME games. One more thing, the last two games felt too big in scope. I felt like I was fighting everyone, whereas the story worked best for me in ME1 because there was one villan, Saren. Saren was a bad cat.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 5:52:55 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
A different period in the galatic time. More of whatever race the Shadowbroker was. I'd like to be able to choose from different races (KROGAN)(a la Dragon Age: Origins). The latter may be a bit much for a current gen console, but I'm hoping they're aiming for a next-gen release with this sequel.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 4:47:28 AM PST
Since they said that they are just getting started on this now, I really hope that it doesn't release for this gen because that means that they will have to rush it. Heck, if they are going for a launch window for next gen it might be the same. DA3 could conceivably be released current gen if you are hoping for another Bioware game on our current consoles. Anybody else looking to see how this does without the good Doctors at the helm of the company?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 3:35:46 PM PST
There will probably be some way to take your save files from your 360 or PS3 and transfer them to the next gen systems.

Plus, there is always a chance it will come out this gen.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 3:32:11 PM PST
Don Squeek says:
Not sure what the point of save files are going to be since there is literally a 0% chance of this game coming out on current consoles.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 3:14:21 PM PST
Aku says:
That probably means the main game is done and they're spending the majority of their time thinking up new ways to sell you DLC already on the disc.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 3:13:53 PM PST
I I just want them to stick with what made the series great. Engaging story, characters that you can connect with, hybrid RPG/Shooter gameplay ect...They don't need to reinvent the wheel with ME4.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions