Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Does the Wii U have some kind of achievement/trophy feature?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 51 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2012 10:19:58 AM PST
I'm sure this has already been discussed...but I missed it...so I'm asking it again?

So...does it?

MJM

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:20:14 AM PST
Lucanus says:
No. :)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:22:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 10:22:33 AM PST
Lame! Hearing that sound and seeing the trophy pop up just makes u feel so good inside

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:22:45 AM PST
Meh. I don't miss them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:23:24 AM PST
That stinks like doo doo.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:23:44 AM PST
FOGE says:
I want to show off how much Im gaming. I wish Nintendo would add something.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:28:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 10:29:13 AM PST
I personally love them...gives added incentives to keep playing the game. It's not a must have by any means, but when I'm playing a game I love (i.e. Skyrim) and I finish the story and don't want to stop playing (or re-play) it gives me something extra to do to satisfy that desire.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:29:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 10:34:55 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
By telling devs its up to them to do it, devs choose not to.

Its kinda dumb, because in the case of multiplats ...the work is done already...but devs don't want to create some bespoke system for their one game. Multiplats outnumber exclusives, so why not develop a quiky little system of its own?

This is one of those instances where Nintendo doesn't want to acknowledge or copy its competitors. Say what you will about them, it holds a social function more than anything, and Ninty mantra is going all social...suprised it is so indifferent about it. Even something like Steam's would be neat.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:31:26 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Wii U = shit

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:31:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 10:32:14 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Personally I like trophies, but that is just me. I was a bit disspointed at the lack of, but don't find it to be a huge deal. The Daily Log is actually quite a bit cooler, IMHO, but still trophies would have been nice. :)

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:32:49 AM PST
Kasmatsu says:
WiiU has Miiverse so you can personally tell other gamers what you did, complete with drawings and screenshots.

Then other gamers can "yeah" your boasts, or politely disagree with their own screenshots and drawings.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:40:38 AM PST
I do understand Nintendo trying to be different than its competitors...I really do...but that attitude almost destroyed their company...remember how hard they fought to keep the cartridge because they didn't want to be like Sony/Microsoft...sometimes it's a good thing to copy, you don't always have to set the bar with everything you.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:47:14 AM PST
saskamazon says:
I think they should have added an achievement system ... folks do like checking their game progress & seeing where they're at ... I think they dropped the ball on this aspect ... I have yet to try the machine, so don't know anything about the daily activity log, but I do know for multiplats, I would be inclined to go with PS3 ... to get my little trophies. in the grand scheme of things they don't hold a huge significance, but nice to have it they're available ...

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:49:35 AM PST
Given the choice between playing a game with achievements or playing the exact same game without, I'll take the achievements. Nintendo guaranteed they will not be my go-to system for yet another gen.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:50:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 10:50:59 AM PST
Lucanus says:
With the exception of a game taking major advantage of the Gamepad, I agree completely. I see no reason not to buy games for my ps3/360 when possible. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:51:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 10:52:47 AM PST
Trophies/achievements are also a cool way to compete with your friends...gives you some bragging rights...because not everybody is going to be able to 100% a game like Dark Souls.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:51:47 AM PST
FOGE says:
This is how I feel as well.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:52:25 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Pretty nice to not have to have empty trophies/achievements because I didn't feel like sinking hundreds of hours into the tedium of finding 16,000 Riddler trophies.

I'm only proud of a few of my trophies, but those are just there to prove to other people that I did what I already know I did. I don't really need to prove to anyone, and I still have the memories of my accomplishments, which makes trophies/achievements pretty useless. At least there won't be any needless online boosting with the Wii U just to get some silly kill 10k enemies achievement.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:54:38 AM PST
Most games have some way to track your progress anyway, the new Sonic Racing has that sticker system and your license tracks your progress too. Speaking of which, have you tried it more? I finally unlocked the last character, and for a fan of Sega arcade games...it's a damn cool character.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:56:30 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Nah, I haven't gotten back around to it yet. I've been pretty into Mario, AC3, Darksiders 2 and Batman.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:57:01 AM PST
Bragging about my achievements on Miiverse would be much more satisfying if I were a better artist : (

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:57:25 AM PST
saskamazon says:
exactly ... I even like to compare sometimes & see what games friends have, or where they're at with them ... or if there was an especially tough trophy, see who else got it. I've been like that for awhile now - & they do add some sort of an incentive ... I'm at 89% for PS All Stars & really want to get the last 6 or so to finally have a platinum, that & WD will be my 1st ones ... hopefully both this weekend .... kind of gleeful about it.

I wonder if Nintendo may offer a future patch or something ... I do think it will hurt MPs on their system - unless there is something amazing the game pad will offer for the title ....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:58:39 AM PST
You're talking about bad trophy design, not necessarily trophies in general. Good trophy design can help you find out things about games you might not have known, or play it in a way that is out of your comfort zone but nonetheless totally fun. Achievements/trophies have definitely enriched my gaming experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:58:50 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Seriously, I can't even freehand write a decent comment that doesn't come out being diagonal and barely readable. I have no idea how these other people are putting out such fantastic works of art, but they are a treat to look at.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:59:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 11:00:11 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Achievements rule.

At least 1/3 of the Wii games I played had them, that wasn't so bad.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  51
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions