Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

So without G4TV, where are we gonna get our E3 live coverage on TV?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2012 4:24:32 PM PST
Alien Fodder says:
I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but I've never seen it on here and a search for it has turned up negative so...

I don't know if you're aware but G4TV is cancelling both AoTS and X-Play as of December. Apparently, this is all part of a plan to completely revamp and rebrand G4 as a more "sophisticated" male-oriented channel, which will most likely include a new name as well. So basically, no more geeky stuff on G4... or whatever they're gonna name it.

Now I have two concerns with this news: first, where are we going to get in-depth, live TV coverage for E3 from now on? I know that Spike TV does some but it never seemed as good as G4's. And my second concern is regarding the Canadian version of G4TV (losing "Reviews on the Run" would break my heart) but of course you guys are not affected by this so I'm not going to talk about it.

But yeah, E3 coverage... Thoughts?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 4:30:30 PM PST
KrisCo says:
"a more "sophisticated" male-oriented channel"

Oh, so like Spike?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:32:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 4:59:35 PM PST
You've been ninja'ed on the whole G4 thing. But, yeah the one thing that I will miss is the E3 coverage.

I'll probably just watch the coverage on IGN or Gamespot.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 4:35:42 PM PST
I'll just watch E3 footage uploaded to Youtube. I prefer just seeing video of walking around the show floor and looking at stuff. C'mon videogame vloggers! Don't let me down!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:38:50 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:48 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 4:39:57 PM PST
Aku says:
Man, watching E3 live is great. Especially this year's, because Nintendo's was meh-but-acceptable while Sony/Microsoft were pitiful. I mean utterly bad, like 2008 Nintendo pitiful.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:41:10 PM PST
Alien Fodder says:
Worse... Apparently, GQ and/or Esquire could get involved. Whatever...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:55:49 PM PST
You could watch E3 on TV? I always just did live streams of the main events and then would wait for video interviews with developers and what have you from my preferred sites.

I'd much rather be in front of my computer checking this stuff out than my TV because I can have multiple sources pulled up at once and be chatting with my friends instead of listening to the tools from Attack of the Show try to fluff out their coverage between shows. After the unveiling of the Wii-U and it cut back to the G4 crew and they actually thought the Wii-U was just a new controller for the Wii I knew they had some of the worst coverage around. Anyone with half a brain that was watching knew Nintendo had just announced a new console.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:02:42 PM PST
The GameTrailers website is the way to go for this stuff. Been using it for a couple years now.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:05:53 PM PST
Brad Michael says:
Didn't Spike have quite a bit of coverage last year thanks to Gametrailers? I'll probably watch most of it online, either through my TV or laptop though.

I'm pretty sure the PS3 played it live on their Home, and also made it downloadable. So there's that option as well. I wouldn't doubt that Microsoft will have some way to stream it on Live as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:13:00 PM PST
DVvM says:
Really, all you need in terms of E3 coverage on TV is carriage of the press conferences, and Spike had everybody but Sony's last year (I think they wanted Sony's, but something didn't work out.) So it's likely they'll continue to broadcast those.

As for the "this is what's on the floor" stuff, it's better to read about that online than watch it on TV.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions