Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Aliens: Colonial Marines coming later on Wii U

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 17, 2013 7:45:07 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-17-aliens-colonial-marines-coming-later-on-wii-u

Last night Gearbox Software announced that Aliens: Colonial Marines had gone gold on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. But there was no mention of the game on Wii U.

We asked Sega what was going on. The publisher told us the Wii U version is due out in the Wii U launch window which, technically, runs up to the end of March 2013.

Sega reiterated it had never announced the Tuesday, 12th February date for Wii U. That worldwide date only ever applied on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Gearbox Software isn't developing the Wii U version of Aliens: Colonial Marines. That responsibility has fallen to Demiurge Studios.

Our Martin Robinson played Aliens: Colonial Marines in December. He wasn't convinced.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 8:14:33 PM PST
Aku says:
Demiurge studios has worked on Mass Effect, Bioshock and Borderlands, so there's no reason to worry.

They also worked on Word Fu, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Karaoke Revolution Party. Again, everything here is looking nominal.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 9:11:12 PM PST
I. Flores says:
I guess they're not overly interested in selling just 25k copies of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 6:24:48 AM PST
Keller says:
Wow, bitter much? I am thinking you had the right idea back in the day with your "I'm out thread." Clearly this place has gotten the better of you. No offense friend, but you really come off as needing a break.

As for Colonial Marines, I am not familar with the game. Is this an expected AAA title or just a normal type game? What quality of game are we expecting with this one? Thanks in advance, my apologies for being ignorant on the topic. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 6:26:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2013 6:27:09 AM PST
new Tron says:
High quality AAA game. It got Fox's blessing to be the offical sequel to Aliens. It's being developed by Gearbox, of Borderlands fame. Co-op campaign, plus online co op and competitive multiplayer modes. I'm normally not a multiplayer guy, but the idea of Marines vs. Xenomorphs sounds awesome to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 6:28:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2013 6:29:30 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Well, in fairness, it is a legitmate question to ask if a dev is truly interested in porting a game to a system with a very limited install base. I worry about it because I know this very situation applies to my (newly) beloved Vita. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 6:32:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2013 6:33:34 AM PST
Keller says:
Sounds pretty slick. How is Sega related to Gearbox? Is it related to the movie franchise "alien?" I loved Borderlands, great game my wife and I enjoyed quite a bit. This might give me an excuse to finally buy a Pro Controller for the U.

Strasse, I agree there is nothing wrong with the question. The phrasing/wording is the issue. IMHO, he clearly takes this place very personally, which I don't understand. We are all here for fun and learning.

Thanks for the information Vol Tron. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 6:33:23 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Yeah, source, tone (phrasing), etc.

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 6:38:40 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
I thought Flores' post was accurate.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 6:39:41 AM PST
There's a surprise.

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 6:41:04 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
I praise anything that knocks Keller down a peg.

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 6:45:41 AM PST
I'd love to support Nintendo and have this game on the Wii U. However, I will only be purchasing one new copy of this game. If Nintendo doesn't even give me a date before the game releases on 360/PS3, I will be buying my new copy for one of those consoles.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 6:48:22 AM PST
I. Flores says:
I'm not bitter.
If ACIII on the U sold only 90k copies, it's not crazy to think this game will do very poorly too.
Don't thake these comments personally, my friend :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 6:53:05 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
You do realize that Nintendo has nothing to do with the release date of third party software. The only stakeholders that do are Sega as the publisher and Demiurge Studios as the developer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 6:58:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2013 7:00:30 AM PST
Keller says:
The problem is your goal, which appears to be constantly involved in flame wars. Inevitably, as a reaction to your comment, somebody is going to point out how poorly Sony exlcusives sell such as Resistance 3. Or maybe they will just point out how poorly the Vita has been selling for a year straight. Then you will get defensive via your Sony ultimate combo spin move, others will join, both for and against Sony. Before we know it this thread will be yet another stupid sales thread. Wouldn't it be a better thread if we just focused on something more important, such as the actual game at hand? Afterall don't we game for the actual games in the first place? Just a thought. Personally I don't understand why everything has to be a battle pitting pieces of plastic with internal chips against each other. The entire ordeal strikes me as childish and immature. :)

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 7:01:58 AM PST
Lyrick_ says:
Although this game has a chance to live up to the experience that Borderlands brought gamers, it also has a chance to be another Duke Nukem Forever. I do hope it turns out well, but as more and more previews come in it's starting to look like a Summer Steam sale purchase.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Jan 17, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions