Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

PSN Update 12/3/12 Sneak Peak

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 84 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2012 10:20:22 AM PST
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/sneak-peek-at-this-weeks-psn-releases/

If you can't wait until tomorrow to find out what new and returning games will be offered up in the next PlayStation Store update, then read on and spoil the surprise!

No matter if you've got a PlayStation 3 or a PlayStation Vita, there's some big stuff coming tomorrow. On the console side, PS3 owners will be getting a digital version of Ubisoft's new much-anticipated open world FPS release, Far Cry 3. Along with that, BioWare and EA are finally giving PlayStation fans a chance to go back and see where it all began, as the original Mass Effect hits the PS3 as a digital release. (Or, you can get all three games in the Mass Effect Trilogy, available both in physical and digital forms starting tomorrow.) Two other games will round out the selection of physical titles also being offered digitally: the niche Japanese shoot `em up Under Defeat HD Deluxe Edition, and Shaun White: Snowboarding.

On the not-quite-as-gigantic side of things, PSN will be playing host to a number of new digital-only releases this week: Page Chronica, Rotastic, and Guardians of Middle-Earth. I've played a bit of Guardians of Middle-Earth, and it's a fun MOBA-style game featuring both well-known and under-appreciated characters from Tolkien's Lord of the Rings universe. While I'm not as familiar with the other two releases, I'm curious about Page Chronica-it's a 2D puzzle platformed, and looks like it could have a style that's right up my alley.

Over in the land of the Vita, Uncharted fans will be able to get their hands on Uncharted: Fight for Fortune, the new action-adventure turn-based card game which brings together major characters, items, and themes from all of the Uncharted games. Those who own Uncharted: Golden Abyss-which should now be anybody subscribed to PS+ at the least-will be able to beef up Fight for Fortune by unlocking additional artifacts and upgrades.

For me, however-and no offense to the Uncharted series-far more excited is the digital release of DJ Max Technika Tune. As a part of Pentavision's DJ Max series of music/rhythm games, Technika Tune is built upon the touchscreen-based side project to the series that previous hit arcade. I got a chance to play a bit of this at this year's Tokyo Game Show, and I already know that I need it.

Finally, some really interesting releases in the digital space. The PS2 Classics line will be getting a new title: Punchline's somewhat obscure yet very intriguing social adventure game Chulip. The goal of the game? Make friends with the various inhabitants of the town you've just move to, and try your best to impress them enough that they'll let you kiss them. Yes, I'm serious-and no, it's not quite as creepy as it sounds. Or, hmm-maybe it is. On the PS1 side of things, I'm very excited, as it looks like we're getting a whole bunch of PS1 import titles: Art Camion Sugorokuden, LUP Salad, Vehicle Cavalier, Zanac X Zanac, Makeruna Makendo 2, Finger Flashing.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:23:14 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I was all excited to see this thread title pop up until I realized the Plus stuff wouldn't be listed yet.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:23:19 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
That actually sounds fairly boring. Unless you're buying disc-based games off the PSN instead of on disc. I am disappoint.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:23:47 AM PST
Any news on what games they are doing free for the month of December?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:24:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 10:24:40 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Bioshock 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:24:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 10:25:25 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Bioshiock 2 is a rumored plus offering this month.

EDIT - Dangit Kirk!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:25:02 AM PST
I thought that was EU? Or is that Batman?

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:25:37 AM PST
Mass Effect

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:25:37 AM PST
I so can't decide whether I want to invest in a Vita. And PS+ for that matter. Decisions, decisions...

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:26:41 AM PST
So do I have to have played Bioshock 1 to play Bioshock 2?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:27:08 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Not a rumor, good sir.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/03/playstation-plus-update-return-to-rapture-free-in-bioshock-2/

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:27:23 AM PST
Nope...but it helps with familiarity of the story.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:28:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 10:28:35 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I'd definitely suggest playing them in order. Bioshock does a much better job of introducing the player to Rapture IMO. In this way, Bioshock 2 almost assumes you're familiar with it.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:29:15 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I was all ready to pay for plus again and I keep getting free months from the stuff I bought over the holiday.

3 months with the vita bundle
1 month with Journey CE
1 month with GoW Saga

If there's one with the R&C collection (not sure yet), then I've got half a year of plus lined up!

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:29:53 AM PST
Yea, it didnt look like I will be getting anything this week. Even with the plus stuff (Bioshock 2) I already have. I do wonder when the Wii U are going to do their weekly update.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:30:00 AM PST
FOGE says:
Not really, but you have to play Bioshock 1 reguardless.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:30:34 AM PST
I'm glad I didn't buy Bioshock 2 yet, now I can play through it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:31:06 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Ah ha. Well then, I see you've got sources. Nothing else confirmed yet?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:33:24 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Other than the stuff mentioned in the OP:

Rockstar Games Collection Edition 1 (PS3)
10% off for PlayStation Plus members (Regular price: $59.99, PS Plus Price: $53.99)
An amazing value, this collection features Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, L.A. Noire, and Midnight Club: Los Angeles Complete Edition. Plus members can enjoy a 10% discount on this new release to PSN.

Puddle (PS3 and PS Vita Versions)
50% off for PlayStation Plus members (PS3 Plus Price: $3.50; PS Vita Plus Price: $2.80)

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:36:38 AM PST
Chocolette says:
Is the 12 deals of Christmas on PSN only for EU?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:37:02 AM PST
I think so :(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:38:06 AM PST
I've been holding off as it will come with the next Bioshock.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:39:01 AM PST
Chocolette says:
What a poo.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:39:04 AM PST
saskamazon says:
Bio Shock 2 is confirmed for NA tomorrow ... joins the IGC. Puddle will also be on sale & 50% off for +members .... has anyone played it ? impressions ... was thinking of getting it for the Vita.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:39:57 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
The Playstation Blog guy did say this in the comments -

"Stay tuned to these updates throughout the month, and I think you'll find that we'll have plenty of content to match EU this December!"

Surely he knows he'll be burned at the e-stake if they don't deliver!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  84
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions