Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two - The End of Warren Spector's Disney Career?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 15, 2013 5:50:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 5:52:32 PM PST
"Although the 2010 game was a modest success, selling 1.3 million units in the U.S. from its November launch through the end of that year, 2012's sequel sold only 270,000 copies during the comparable time period, according to a person with access to sales data from research firm NPD Group who was not authorized to share it publicly."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-disney-infinity-20130115,0,3494101.story

"we have over 700 people around the world working on our new game now."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-03-16-warren-spector-a-lifetime-of-achievements

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:54:15 PM PST
Warren Spector should just start threatening people with handguns. It worked well for Phil Spector.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:32:29 PM PST
If they had made a decent game, it might have sold more.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:33:34 PM PST
Maybe, but Spector is kind of a hack. I mean, Doug Church was largely responsible for System Shock, and Harvey Smith mostly designed Deus Ex. He's like a PR man.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
I will leave this forum right now if ... 32 5 minutes ago
Microsoft exclusive ReCore is superb fun and just what the Xbox One needs 36 18 minutes ago
A Couple Game Codes If Anybody Wants Them 51 20 minutes ago
Best Buy DOTD X1 500GB Tomb Raider Bundle $299 (6 Item Bundle) 4 22 minutes ago
Destiny VGF Clan v6.0 6913 27 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3924 35 minutes ago
Overwatch discussion thread 3209 38 minutes ago
Do the older Resident Evil games have an ammo reload button? 14 41 minutes ago
Bluezephyr vs Ponies, Loser leaves town, Match of the Century live on PPV 37 49 minutes ago
OT: Decided on my new smartphone, Moto G4 Plus 48 1 hour ago
Playstation Magizine UK: "Why the first lady of Playstation is bigger and better on PS4" Rise Of The Tomb Raider Xbox One Diss? 10 1 hour ago
OT: Black man shot for being a Trump supporter 15 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions