Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Attention, Pilots: Get 2,000 free Hawken Credits by downloading this digital comic

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 20, 2012 9:17:40 AM PST
http://community.playhawken.com/news/_/game-info/preview-hawken-genesis-2-earn-2000-hc

Preview HAWKEN: Genesis #2, Earn 2000 HC!
Posted by Scapes Dec 18 2012 04:29 PM in Game Information

Delve deeper into the world of HAWKEN! We've released the second of four preview issues of HAWKEN: Genesis, the original graphic novel based on the game. Grab it digitally from comiXology.com before January 1, 2013 and receive 2000 HAWKEN Credits! Your code for the HAWKEN Credits will be sent to your comiXology account's email address in early January.

These preview issues offer just a taste of what the full-length graphic novel has to offer, broadening the HAWKEN universe. HAWKEN: Genesis arrives in March 2013.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 2:51:22 PM PST
Surprised more people haven't jumped on this!

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 3:39:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 3:40:00 PM PST
Rev. Otter says:
thanks for the heads-up!

i think Hawken might be too fast for my old, slow reflexes, but i'm having fun. 2k points can only help. :)

callsign: Skookum

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 3:41:16 PM PST
Sent ya an invite!

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:02:48 PM PST
Check you inboxes...just got 5,000 credits for the winter event!

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:03:07 PM PST
Been checking like a mofo and didn't see anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:18:41 PM PST
Got mine as well. Woo!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:20:04 PM PST
I'm gonna buy a Sharpshooter!

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:21:20 PM PST
So I'm sitting on enough Hawken Credits to buy two mechs but no clue what I want lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:21:51 PM PST
Some EMPs?

Like you need a deadlier Scout.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:26:02 PM PST
So the new patch just reset all my graphics settings.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:04:41 PM PST
Tried the EMP during the beta and didn't care for it since it can disable my mech and my teammates. I prefer the machine gun turret since I can drop that at any point for extra damage plus every now and then it nets me a free kill plus I get a ton of assists from the thing. Also it's a great way to track enemies on a map letting me know if someone is sneaking up from behind or if they are on the other side of the map from me.

And it did the same thing to me but oh well. Still haven't managed to get on the winter themed Prosk map yet. =(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:20:24 PM PST
I didn't know there was a winter theme.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:48:38 PM PST
Yup yup, apparently it is covered in snow, has a Christmas tree in it, and that's where the holiday themed items like the Snowman TOW can be used.

Been playing for awhile now and still haven't gotten it to pop up. I am disappoint.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 8:53:25 PM PST
Ah.

Also, I did not know the turret counted for kills. I'm gonna grab one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 9:57:16 PM PST
Just played the Holiday Themed Prosk and it is pretty awesome. Christmas lights are strung up everywhere, snow covers everything, the map is much brighter, and where the missile launcher is next to the bridge it is now a huge Christmas tree which plays Christmas music when you get close to it.

The match was quite ugly though. I went 29 kills, 4 deaths, and the enemy team got a total of 18 kills... However I ran around the map laying waste while screaming "CHRISTMAS!"

Currently at 73% on level 24 and I think I might buy the Sharpshooter. I'm doing the test drive and managed to get five kills with it before someone downed me. Selected it by accident though because I'm used to my Scout being on top so it took me a second to figure out why my Scout wasn't a Scout lol.

And the turret is pretty awesome, I wouldn't buy the rocket turret though. Fires too slowly, is easily dodged, and broadcasts its position to anyone who pays attention. The machinegun turret on the other hand is much harder to track and much harder to dodge once it gets a beat on you. When I flank the enemy team I always drop my turret as soon as I begin my attack because some will try to take that out instead of taking me out, nevermind that when you die your turret goes boom lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:00:35 AM PST
Clearly. Keji is not nearly deadly enough. His KDR is pathetic. He should be going 1 and 0.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:01:47 AM PST
I've been tempted by the idea of the turrets but I love my grenades too much.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:02:39 AM PST
" However I ran around the map laying waste while screaming "CHRISTMAS!"'
I wish I was present to witness this.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 11:10:36 AM PST
My KDR is only 5.05 at the moment which has me bummed because I was almost at a 6.0 last night. Then I hit level 25 and started dinking around with other mechs seeing what I like and don't like.

Also that whole scene freaked out my a cat a bit who was napping peacefully in my lap lol.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions