Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Kindle Fire HD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 17, 2012 10:50:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 10:52:44 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
I was in Best Buy looking at tablets last night and I was really impressed with the Kindle Fire HD ones. The image quality on the screen looked better than a lot of the other tablets. I found it to be fast and the touch screen very responsive. The price was a nice bonus too.

I liked the 7 inch model but was really drooling over the 8.9 inch screen. I was just wondering about a few things from people who may own a Fire HD.

Does anyone own the 8.9 inch model and do you think it was worth the extra cost for the bigger screen?

Did you get a 16 GB model or more, and is it necessary to step up to 32 GB? Like is a lot of stuff stored on the Kindle or is much of it cloud based?

I'm thinking the 4G model is overkill because of the steep price increase for it. Did anyone get the 4G model and if so how was your connection? Was it worth paying $500 or $600 for?

Did you pay the extra $15 to remove special offers?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:08:36 PM PST
I don't have a Fire HD yet but as a Fire owner I can answer one of those questions. The amount of hard drive capacity you should get depends on what you want to do. I have a lot of Gameloft games and I am having to shuffle games around because there isn't enough space.

Apps are stored in the cloud but they hereto be downloaded to your device in order to work. For example, you buy a game or a movie. You can delete it or download it again later but you can't play that game from the cloud. You can play your music and movies from the cloud but if you don't have net access you'll need to download them.

If you don't see yourself getting lots of games or videos then 16GB is plenty.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 12:13:10 AM PST
Modern Bear says:
Thanks. That is exactly the type of detailed info I am looking for. I would probably pay the extra for the 32 GB version just in case my usage of the device changed. I might not start out playing a lot of games or videos on it but change over time. I would certainly want to store a lot of MP3s on it, many of which I just ripped from my old CDs.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions