Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

My review of the $180 Vita bundle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 57 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2012 5:52:14 AM PST
-Design and built quality:

This PSVita is a work of art. It feels solid in my hands, and the white color gives it an Apple product kinda look. The screen is big and vibrant. Couldn't find anything to critizice about the design, the Vita is just a joy to look at.

-The Games:

Assassins Creed is not exactly what I expected in terms of graphics/performance. To me it looks like a last gen PSP game. Still a fun game to round up the console experience.

Gravity Rush (PS+ download) looks gorgeous. Only played for a few minutes but so far I have no idea if I'm gonna like it or not. But hey, it's "free".

All Star Battle Royale (Amazon bonus code) took me by surprise. I was expecting a poor clone of SMB but ended up loving the game. The graphics are excellent, the gameplay frantic and fun. I'm whooping arses left and right with Kratos.

And that is all I could fit in my memory card for now.

-The Extras:

It has a web browser built in, which I found to be fast and usable. Youtube app is a plus, and Facebook integration is well done. Couldn't ask for more. Being able to link my PSN account to see my friends activities and cross-game chat just sweeten the deal even more.

-Conclusion:

I waited this long to get a Vita because I thought it was overpriced. Now that I have experienced it first hand, I feel like a thieve for paying only $180 for this awesome machine.

I just hope that Sony gets its act together and gives the Vita the place it deserves.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 5:54:51 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Gravity Rush for the Vita is the best Game ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 5:55:09 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
"And that is all I could fit in my memory card for now."

3 games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 5:57:09 AM PST
Lily says:
I heard that it's really short. Is this true? I really want the Vita for this game and a few select others but Gravity Rush caught my eyes first!

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 5:57:22 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
Gravity Rush is the bomb.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 5:58:39 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I got my Vita in yesterday as well. Here are my thoughts:

* Get a screen protector, stat! I'm more afraid to scratch the screen than I thought I'd be.
* Honestly, while the white looks great, I think I'd have preferred the black. But for the deal price, I'm cool with white.
* Only played Motorstorm RC last night and it is....weird.
* Got a bunch of stuff dl'd and it all went on my 8GB card (all except Uncharted that is).
* I grabbed a cheap case when I ordered this and it is surprisingly decent except for one thing, those mem cards are so small it doesn't have a good spot for them. What do you guys do with yours?
* Very slick piece of hardware.

Summary, sounds like I'm being negative but I really love this thing so far. Getting used to the control scheme, bubbles and what not, but so far so good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:01:19 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
I keep my memory cards in a locket I wear around my neck.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:05:57 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Haha, seriously though, I put the extra 4GB in the elastic pouch in my case and it just fell out. I WILL lose it this way, so I am honestly asking what other people are doing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:10:30 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
I don't have a system yet but I would get something like one of these when I do....and I will be a Vita owner one day. All you schmucks just stole my $180 white Vita when I wasn't paying attention. (still bitter about missing out on the deal)

Carry case for the system and a few games/memory card:
CTA Digital PS Vita Travel EVA Protective Case

If you have a larger collection or if you travel a bunch this is what I would get:
PDP PSVita Pull 'N Go Folio

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:12:58 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Haha - the CTA case is the one I grabbed, and like I said it's surprisingly decent for the price. But the slots in panel are WAYYY too large to secure those mem cards. game cards are roughly the size of SD cards while mem cards are roughly the size of Micro SD cards. The mem cards just fall right out of the whole thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:13:29 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
I haven't gotten my second one as of yet, so can't say as of yet... (come on Christmas, hurry the heck up... Mama needs a new memory card!) I imagine that I'll be losing them also *laugh*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:13:37 AM PST
Get the Pull 'N Go Folio anyway. The smaller Vita pouch pulls out and holds 4 games on its own. I rarely (if ever) use the larger folio when moving my Vita around.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 6:15:08 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I love it too, easily the best looking handheld ever.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 6:15:59 AM PST
Love my Vita, I'm super jelly of you guys with the white ones.

I have to say though, Gravity Rush lost me about 7 missions in. The gameplay just isn't fun. Flying around the city with Kat's powers should be fun, but it's not. It's just frustrating and imprecise. Beautiful game, love the graphics and the music is great, but just not a fun game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:16:09 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Maybe down the road I'll grab the folio, but the CTA case will have to do for now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:16:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 6:21:29 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Where do you store your mem cards?

Edit: This looks good.

Nyko Game Case for Vita - PlayStation Vita

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:17:57 AM PST
For some reason I read the title of this thread as "My review of the $800 Vita bundle." My first thought was: "you poor, poor man."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:18:00 AM PST
I have the Vita case that holds 4 different cards. It's nice but the sleeves that hold the game cards doesn't hold very tight, I actually lost my copy of Ninja Gaiden because of that. Not a huge loss but I would have liked it for trade value.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:18:51 AM PST
jtshiel says:
I don't know I'm at chapter 4 or 5 right now.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 6:20:35 AM PST
Callahan says:
This is the one I have
PDP PSVita Custom Crystal Case

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:22:21 AM PST
I liked that one, but I have a phone lanyard on my Vita that I keep on my wrist so I don't drop it. The lanyard wouldn't fit in the case, so I grabbed the Pull N Go Folio and it fits great.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 6:23:55 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I like the design of the Hori screen protector because it extends way past the actual screen. Just bought this last night - $5.73 with free shipping (currently showing out of stock).

HORI PS Vita Screen Protective Filter

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:25:55 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I grabbed the same one yesterday. Can't wait for it to get here, but yeah backordered.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:27:18 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
Says in stock for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:27:32 AM PST
I love that HORI protector. I tried the Sony ones first and they had a weird rear reflection...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  57
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions