Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Weekend Recap

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 89 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 17, 2012 11:37:53 PM PST
Nicos says:
Firefall - got all my frames up to Tier 2 except for the Recon.
Planetside 2 - man this game is awful. If you aren't in a tank or a plane thing, you are just getting exploded by the people who are. The combat did not feel satisfying at all.
The Secret World - Just as fun as it was when I quit playing. I spent several hours running around Transylvania cutting down vampires and ghouls and evil fungus with my assault rifle and Sword of the Sand Kings. They apparently added new story and investigation missions too, but I didn't look up where they were. Plus you can use a chainsaw now too.
Pathfinder - put a bunch of arrows into things :/
Fallout New Vegas - Previous I have played for like 35 hours. I had two lockups during that whole time. When I was playing this Sunday, I had 10 lockups in a 3 hour period.

I wanted to pick up Vice City for my tablet but apparently it is not compatible with my Tablet D: D: D: D: I was looking forward to playing this while vacation for Christmas.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 12:16:45 PM PST
Mrs. User says:
Work on Saturday, then dinner with friends.
Sunday, the Hobbit, lunch, and Mass Effect.

@ Fox I loved it too! None of it was boring.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:48:29 AM PST
Joel H. says:
Never bought :/ I had found 9 wild artefacts back in june and i have no idea where the 10th is. Between that and locking and repeating zones for the additional cutscenes.. i'm in desperate need of a laptop to accompany my dualshock. Oh and those 20 question tests? You'd have to have some sort of moogle in your apt. to not have to cheat on those.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 11:45:37 AM PST
Tomb Fleader says:
Yeah I am in no way trying to plat the game. Just want to get the most out of the story and sidequests as I can

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 11:44:48 AM PST
Played Dark Souls and saw The Hobbit.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:44:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 11:45:59 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I know that J. Pardee and I both platted the game. And yes, Lucky Coin was a serious PITA. The bestiary actually wasn't that bad though, if you're already bombing around cleaning up other items.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:40:08 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Hah I don't even think I ended up with half of them.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 11:39:11 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
I have mad respect for anyone who managed to get all 160 fragments. 158 of them are pretty straightforward to get, one of them is pathetically tedious and a complete waste of time (Lucky Coin fragment), and one of them is so incredibly time-consuming that only the most dedicated FF fan can do it (bestiary).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:35:53 AM PST
Tomb Fleader says:
I can't recall how many fragments I have right now...but I'm doing a ton of sidequests in the archetype stepp level...just finished up all of the cactuar stones and now I'm running around doing the gigantuar stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:17:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 11:18:43 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Oh, I do too - and rarely am I a stickler for plot holes (please see my love for the Transformers series.), but something about how this movie wanted to be taken seriously and then had all this non-reconcileable goobly-gook in the plot just irked me.

And this coming from a guy that owns Blade Runner and Alien on blu-ray. Personally, I think Ridley was bamboozled by that hack writer from Lost.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:14:12 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Heh, yeah, I like liking stuff, so I probably just unconsciously block out most of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:13:46 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
I found the guide soooooo helpful with this game. It really clears up a lot of stuff and lets you find all these little side endings that you'd totally overlook otherwise.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 11:12:11 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
I played Black ops 2 and had a good couple days. Holy crap if you want one game mode to play during Double XP Events it is Kill Confirmed no doubt better than any other game mode during a double XP weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:12:07 AM PST
Joel H. says:
I know what you mean.. i'm at around 115/160 fragments and i'm just lost now for the mostpart.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:11:37 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Well like Kirk said, the captain was busy banging whats her face to communicate with them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:10:35 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Just google it - some sites have some, but I haven't found one with the definitive list.

@Strider, didn't seem like their communicators were broke.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:09:39 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Yeah same here, I didn't even have a problem with the scene you did, but then again I have no interest in trying to wrack my brain to find reasons to dislike something.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:08:42 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Is there a link with some of them listed? Other than all the silly stuff that happened with those two, I don't remember any others.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:08:12 AM PST
They didn't want to spend the $4.99 for the map pack.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:07:05 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
But they didnt have the map did they?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 11:03:34 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Spoilers****************
Don't forget that they get lost in a cavern that's be completely mapped in 3D.

The list of logical holes you can drive an industrial dump truck through in this movie is endless.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 11:01:39 AM PST
Started Resistance 3 2nd playthrough going for plat trophy

Also tried to give Borderlands another try and couldnt get into it deleted from my HD, and last night some Gears 3 MP

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 10:41:18 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Oh yeah, I also played a good bit of Trials HD to see if I'd want to get Trials Evolution since it's going on sale. The game is pretty fun, but I think it will be all the Trials I need.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 10:33:51 AM PST
Tomb Fleader says:
I got a little bit of FFXIII-2 done...just some sidequesting really. I've been playing the game for over a month now...need to get it done with

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 10:31:53 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Re: Prometheus

The main problems I had with Prometheus' plot had to do with...

**Prometheus Spoilers**

...the two squad members that got left behind in the monument-thing. I mean, this epic, all-important mission pertaining to the creation of human life is screwed over because the guy that was supposed to be on deck was getting laid? And one of the guys that finds a freaky alien life form decides, "I want to pet it." Everything about that scenario with those guys bothered me a bit. Can't say there was any other plot problems that stuck out to me, though.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  89
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions