Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Resident Evil 6, is it really that bad?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 43 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:41:12 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
I tried the demo and actually was enjoying it, if you have not tried the demo I would

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:38:38 AM PST
Scratchy says:
Agreed Ubisoft games are Notorious for quick price drops so I should have seen it coming and waited but i'm a sucker for stealth based games so I bought it day 1. No regrets at all. The problem though is people correlate quality of games based on how long it takes for a price drop; (dragon's dogma took forever to drop in price) RE6 took about a month to hit $40. As widely praised as Farcry 3 is it will be $40 soon and it has nothing to do with the quality of the game.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:27:00 AM PST
I had fun playing RE6. I already knew from the trailers that it wasn't going to be survival horror. Once you've come to accept that, you can enjoy it for what it is; an action third person shooter with zombies and monsters. There's little replay value though since I haven't played it since November.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:01:09 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Well it is the holiday shopping season after all. Why not get a ton of people to buy the game? I've been toying with the idea of getting it because it's stealth based. I think I've had my fill of gun games lately though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 4:56:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 4:56:43 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Well, that sucks that they take out their own lack of patience on Square. Games are dropping from $60 faster and faster these days. Ubisoft games go on sale within 14 days of their release, and I'm not talking about $5 bucks either, I'm talking about dropping 1/3 of their price or more. I just picked up ACIII for $23!

People should be waiting to buy games these days if they are so concerned about price drops. It's not like it's going to take long to drop in price. A few months of patience is all that is required.

I thought the advertising was good as the thing I really remember since this game was announced was the nun scene.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 3:48:08 AM PST
NCGuy says:
After RE5, I am not buying another RE game.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 3:47:59 AM PST
Scratchy says:
I think most people's hate for absolution comes from the fact that it dropped in price so quickly. I blame that on bad marketing as no one really knew or cared about it when it did come out. Those of us who has played absolution really like it despite the fact that the checkpoint system is horrible.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 3:21:14 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Did you play Absolution? If so, what didn't you like about it?

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 2:04:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 4:45:28 AM PST
I'm what I believe on the last part of Revelations and I gotta say the whole story and characters isn't so good to me. Raid Mode is neat, controls are tight, atmosphere is alright but it is the mostly set in the same location much like the earlier games but on two identical boats (I'm about to board the third I think) and the enemies, although some move creepily and are in my opinion effectively scary they aren't terrifying like the ones in Resident Evil 6. Repugnant and aggressive are what I would describe most of the enemies in Resident Evil 6, though not all (Ustanak isn't overwhelming, and unmutuated J'avo can be like the typical 3rd Person Shooter enemy). Storywise its got a lot of decent content that was engrossing and at the same time questionable but its just a hiccup in what is otherwise a solid entry in the Resident Evil series. To me the entire series has evolved, even the characters note this (Leon says to Jake "Welcome to the club." at some point in the game). The characters are used to these Bio-Terrorism campaigns and they deal with it accordingly, just as the enemies become even more monstrous. Give it a shot.

To answer your question though, I haven't played the new Hitman so I can't say. Could be better.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 1:47:20 AM PST
Wait til it's 14.99 in like 2 months. And who knows maybe Capcom will release a Resident Evil collection for the 360/PS3 with all the titles on it, would be nice.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 12:34:09 AM PST
Technosapien says:
Both Hitman and RE6 suck, IMO.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 12:29:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 12:30:45 AM PST
If you want third person shooting action with a decent cast of characters then RE6 is worth trying out, if you like games more on the style of say Splinter Cell then Hitman would be a better choice for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:12:27 PM PST
Nicos says:
I think he meant that he could fix their cover system. haha.

To the OP: It is a great game when everything works. However, there are plenty of times when they don't work. Things like the camera being taken away from your control (oh, the enemies still get free hits on you BTW) to the just plain BAD cover system. Context sensitive moves can be really wonky sometimes and I thought that the new chase segments were super annoying. Give me the old button-mashing chase QTEs over this new system any day of the week. CooP is a lot of fun, espeically in the Mercenaries.

600 people worked on this game and apparently none of them knew what a thumb's up actually looked like.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 11:42:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 11:43:33 AM PST
Ann Perkins says:
"While Resident Evils 4 and 5 were more action-oriented-more Rambo than Psycho, this one was pitched as bringing back the tense Resident Evil 1 vibe by putting players in scary places with limited ammo in their hero's gun and creepy monsters of some sort, ready to spring from any corner."

Taken from a review of RE:Revelations.

"Putting players in scary places with limited ammo in their hero's gun and creepy monsters of some sort ready to spring from any corner."

Even game reviewers have a hard time getting across what they want apparently, because there is literally nothing in that description that ANY of the RE games don't provide, from 1 to 6, RE puts you in scary places with limited ammo and creepy monsters. Could we possibly get a better description of what survival horror is?

I'd say get RE6, the Hitman series is terrible. Like unredeemably terrible.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:29:57 AM PST
JWK says:
Me too. It's the only 2012 game I've played start to finish twice. I'd absolutely buy it in HD.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:13:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 11:14:23 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
It should. It's the best RE game since Code: Veronica. It would be smart for Capcom to do this. I'd buy it again even though I 100%'d it on the 3DS.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:13:45 AM PST
Wii U... put it on the Wii U.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 11:12:36 AM PST
JWK says:
There's a rumor goin' round (y'all) that RE: Revelations is getting the HD treatment and will be released on PS360 sometime next year. It will probably be at the $20 price point like RE4 and RE Code Veronica. I'd skip RE6, wait for Revelations HD, and get Hitman during a Christmas sale. My $0.02.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:09:35 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
That is most likely the case as RE4 and 5 and 6 are all action games, but that doesn't mean that Cliffy knows survival horror. I assume that him "fixing" the RE brand means returning it to its roots.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:07:23 AM PST
There are parts of the first Gears that are creepier than anything from RE5 or 6.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:00:37 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
I'm sure he doesn't know much, but at this rate it's worth a try!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:00:28 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Everything he touches turns to gold.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:59:31 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
What does Cliff Blezinsky know about survival horror?

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:56:26 AM PST
jtshiel says:
I hope Capcom takes Cliffy B up on his word to Fix Resident Evil.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:55:13 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Sure is, even the first DMC just repeated the same 3 bosses 3 times throughout the game.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  43
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions