Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Spike Lee Outraged over Django Unchained

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 214 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 13, 2013 3:55:40 PM PST
I can't believe this thread is still getting hits! Well, I personally have no problem with that.

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 3:54:38 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 13, 2013 3:57:24 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 12:51:52 PM PST
Miracle at St. Anna had a promising premise, but it was tedious.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2013 1:32:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 12, 2013 1:33:44 PM PST
Mrs. User says:
This post got more upvotes than I've ever seen. And it was the sickest burn I've seen in a while.

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 10:10:57 AM PST
badguy says:
"Who is this, Spike Lee?"
Bet he was first in line to see that awesome movie in the theatre closest to him. I for one am not a Tarentino fan in any way but Django will probably be my favorite movie this year if Evil Dead turns out horrible. Every time I read something that guy says or writes I feel dumber than I did before reading it.

It's not like Spike was born during that era of slavery, its over and done with move on.

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 8:50:41 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEdBeyXGZ94

This feels relevant to this thread.

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 4:18:22 AM PST
Nicos says:
lol spike lee mad that jamie foxx went to QT's birthday party and not spike lee's lol

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 8:25:55 AM PST
Rockhardly says:
I remember when Spike Lee was relevant.

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 8:19:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 31, 2012 8:36:28 AM PST
Yeah, Miracle At St. Anna was ok. Didn't really leave a lasting mark on me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 6:17:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 1, 2013 5:45:55 AM PST
pyroguy says:
I remember all of the hoopla that Spike Lee had caused when he blasted Clint Eastwood's 2 films "Flags of our Fathers" and "Letters From Iwo Jima", and this was almost right around the same time his movie "Miracle At St. Anna" had been released, which horribly bombed at the box-office

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 12:01:52 PM PST
Soulshine says:
I just got back from this movie and I liked it. I'm still not a huge fan of Jamie Foxx but he was good in this role. Christophe Waltz was fantastic as usual.

I think Spike Lee is upset that Quentin Tarantino makes better movies than him, and outraged that he can pull black audiences better now too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012 11:26:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2012 11:44:56 AM PST
It's funny to me how backwards it is. Apparently, it's ok for other African-Americans to say it each other, but with someone else uses it "OMG! They must be stopped!" Supposedly, "we" claimed the N-Bomb so it doesn't have is much power as it did when it was primarily used to degrade African-Americans. It sounds good on paper, but the fact is any derogatory term is ugly no matter who says it. It can be claimed up til doomsday, but it's still gonna be a thorn in one's side.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 2:56:32 PM PST
RoadKing says:
Because I didn't like this movie you come with this lame wisecrack? The movie was beyond stupid. I wanted to care about the main character but he didn't pull it off. Samuel L. Gets the over actor award as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 1:14:36 PM PST
"He's gotten more comfortable, and the long streams of dialogue are much more natural in Django than in Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction."

I definitely agree. Doesn't hurt that Leo DiCaprio and Waltz have the most dialogue and are ridiculously talented. Not to dismiss Foxx, of course, but he's playing the taciturn gunslinger.

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 12:55:58 PM PST
Apparently Spike Lee doesn't listen to any gangster rap if he thinks black people don't use the n-word ALL THE FRIGGIN' TIME!

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 11:45:17 AM PST
Rockhardly says:
"Django Unchained" is an amazing film. I'm in awe that Tarantino just keeps pumping these things out with consistent quality - I keep expecting a flop, but he just keeps delivering.

I love that he takes his time with a scene - let's it simmer a while - and really takes advantage of dialogue, focuses on the small things (I thought cutting to scraping off of the beer foam in the bar scene was ingenious - reminds me of the bird/water dropper thing at the end of Kill Bill Vol. 1), etc. He's gotten more comfortable, and the long streams of dialogue are much more natural in Django than in Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. In those movies, you see Tarantino all over the place - in Django, it's more under the surface and you can start to forget you're watching a Taratino movie, until you notice flair here an there. Awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 11:15:31 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
The new Twilight movie is out. That might be more your speed.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 10:46:40 AM PST
Are you normally a QT fan?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 9:50:28 AM PST
pyroguy says:
Hahahahahahahaha

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 10:10:56 PM PST
RoadKing says:
Just got back. Overrated heap of garbage IMO. Wife and I just kept looking at each other in disbelief that this was rated so high.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:39:18 PM PST
AndrewA says:
Well, if you bring at least one redshirt on the away team, the captain should be in no real danger.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:11:24 PM PST
Destroy the Planet!

Sir, there are 6 billion people on that planet.

They didn't make me a starship captain to do math, they made me a starship captain cause I look good in a uniform and always make it with the green alien chicks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:10:15 PM PST
Also, it is against regulations for the CO, XO, and a number of other senior officers to go on away teams.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 5:52:12 PM PST
Ahhh...that explains a lot. I'd never send away teams if I were a starship captain. Every single encounter would be solved with orbital bombardment.

It's the only way to be sure O_o

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 5:17:11 PM PST
You can't bombard a planet with phasers! The beams break up in the atmosphere at that distance!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  73
Total posts:  214
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions