Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Will there be more Wii U systems in stock before 2013?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 6, 2012 2:58:15 PM PST
L. H. says:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Wii-U-Pro-controller-compatibility,18475.html i just heard that the wii u pro controller is NOT compatible with original Wii games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:27:53 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Just go see if you can pre-order at your local Walmart asap. That is the best bet currently. Much better than paying $600+ on ebay.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 11:24:00 AM PST
L. H. says:
that's what i was afraid of.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:22:45 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
I'm sure they'll get more in stock before 2013, but it's gonna be like the Wii all over again. You have to call stores ahead of time, see when they *might* be getting more stock, and camp out. You'll have to drive from store to store to store hoping to find one, and store employees will laugh and snicker when you ask about it, telling you that you should've preordered.

Or, you could go on Ebay where there will no doubt be hundreds available for no less than $600.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 11:18:22 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Black Ops 2 is the only confirmed game so far to use the Pro controller. I'm basing this off of Amazon's product description pages, so there could be more games at launch that will use it.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 11:16:21 AM PST
L. H. says:
I'm gonna go slightly off topic but what games can/will the pro controller be used for?
I'm guessing it can be used for wii and wii VC games that have been compatible with the Nintendo Gamecube controller and the VC controller.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:14:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 8:14:43 AM PST
Monster Hunter has nothing at all in common with Pokemon, I don't know who told you that.

EDIT:Monster Rancher is more like pokemon, where you raise and train monsters to fight.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 8:12:51 AM PST
C. Zajic says:
I am interested in subscribing to your newsletter or blog.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:54:06 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
That would be the last thing that my kid would say before seeing the inside of a McDonald's dumpster.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:53:22 AM PST
C. Zajic says:
not with Christmas coming up... I hear it now "mommy I want one and if you don't have it under that tree then you don't love me!!!!"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:50:49 AM PST
FOGE says:
Ive never played Monster Hunter but I hear its like an adult Pokemon game which intrigues me. Plus NSMBU and ZombiU look fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:49:25 AM PST
I would never do such a thing. I just didn't think I would want one, then I saw the games that were coming out for it. And that a new MH game will be on it, and I waaaant it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:47:28 AM PST
FOGE says:
SEE!!! Everyone made fun of the people on here who ordered them at $400 when they first became available. Im very excited to play it when it comes out. Sadly, Ill be on vacation on day 1 so Ill have to wait about a week. First world problems, amirite?!

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:45:00 AM PST
I feel idiotic for not have claiming a Wii U when I had the chance... Now I want one =(

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:29:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 7:33:36 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
If you check the Walmart website periodically you might be able to get one. It will say "sold out online" then an hour later it's in stock again. Members of my family were able to get one online in the last week. I haven't checked this week.

Edit: It actually currently says "In store only"

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:28:22 AM PST
L. H. says:
Well hopefully it won't be an exact repeat of the original wii systems. I remember it was the summer after its release, there was ONE GAMESTOP that had JUST ONE in stock, my dad used his conversing skills to get them to hold one for me. And I had traded in my gamecube, game boy player accessory, as well as tons and tons of games, even buying a % back on games being sold that i even got more money back in used games i was selling than the deal i had bought.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:26:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 7:26:41 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Probably. They aren't advertising it anywhere, so after the initial wave of pre-orders they should be everywhere.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:25:37 AM PST
FOGE says:
Id grab one the second you see it. I think until after Christmas they will be hard to come by.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:22:55 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
They will be rotting on store shelves the day after release.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:16:44 AM PST
If recent things are indications. Definitely. After online preorders sold out. Wal-Mart then came in with in store "layaway". Then Target has in store preorders. Now you have the likes of Burger King, Disney and Old Navy running Wii U contests with the latter even offering free copies of NSMBU to those Black Friday shoppers who purchase $40. I don't know about other stores or Target, but my Wal-Mart still is taking preorders and so far I believe we have about 39 "layaways". I'm not a salaried manager so can only check the last 3 weeks of sales.

Nintendo has always said they learned their mistakes with 3DS and Wii. Although unseen shortages probably did help demand. I highly doubt Nintendo wants scalpers making money on their systems. Also they, like most companies, believe hands on and word of mouth are the best forms of marketing so having systems in people's homes during the holidays where visitors would see this new console instead sitting in a scalpers home.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 6:41:50 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 6, 2012 6:41:58 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:35:05 AM PST
Aku says:
Yet they stock all the software. Weird. If I couldn't get things at a discount from Walmart I'd be kinda screwed right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:30:19 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
They did have it up there, then it was immediately taken down. For some reason, Amazon and Nintendo are in a tiff.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 4:29:42 AM PST
Aku says:
Amazon's not stocking the Wii U themselves? I could have sworn when launch details were announced they had their logo up as a shopping location, unless they're just advertising themselves as being the middle-man between you and a seller.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:27:01 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Systems are like wine anyway. They get better with age. There is always an early-adopter slump for software when new systems come out. Developers aren't familiar with the new machinery yet, and it shows in their games. The longer you wait the deeper and richer games library there will be, and the more comfortable developers will be with the system which means better, more intuitive games. So, if you can't get one right away, don't stress over it.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions