Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Favorite Holiday?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 20, 2012 4:54:09 PM PST
As the question asks, what is your favorite Holiday of the year? Why?

For me, strangely Memorial Day. I enjoy other holidays, but for me, Memorial Day and it's topic is extremely important to me. I consider myself a war humanitarian, so it's the day that means the most to me. I guess, for the respect of every country (and this notion is important to me, it's not just America soldiers that I have deep compassion for), I'd put their own "Memorial day" as well

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:56:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 4:56:43 PM PST
Christmas. Not because of gifts but the fact that New Year is only a week away so it's like working 4 days a week for two weeks.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:57:50 PM PST
Thanksgiving. I run one of my favorite races and then stuff myself silly.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:57:54 PM PST
Easy, Christmas!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 5:09:55 PM PST
I hate Christmas. It's like getting a bill for a thousand bucks.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 5:15:39 PM PST
FOGE says:
Fourth of July. Beer, barbeque and fireworks. It's like everyday of my life after I win the lottery.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 5:16:10 PM PST
May Day. Nothing beats an international holiday, founded in solidarity with the American labor movement, that we don't even celebrate for propaganda reasons. Now, that's a holiday with substance.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 7:29:34 PM PST
Christmas

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:32:04 PM PST
Thanksgiving, I suppose. Lots of food and you get to hang with family (which I'm very close to). Christmas is a close second...but the fact that it's such a damned expensive holiday really puts a damper on an otherwise beautiful time of year!

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 7:33:14 PM PST
Black Friday.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 7:33:27 PM PST
Sukkot! The only holiday where you get to build a hut.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 7:49:43 PM PST
*All Hallows Eve* ...Not only cuz it's our Witches New Year but it's the most majickal time of year here in Salem...!!!

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 8:11:59 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
Festivus. I like the airing of the grievences. I have relatives who are big Nintendo fanboys.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 10:42:11 PM PST
Nicos says:
Christmas. It is all about spending time with family and friends. Sitting around a fire with good food and a Christmas tree and booze... yeah.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 1:50:08 AM PST
It's a tie between Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Memorial Day.

Thanksgiving because the food is awesome, it's when we put up the Christmas tree up in the living room and decorations and lights around and on the house, and it basically kick starts almost 30 days of awesome, festive cheer which ultimately leads towards Christmas. I'm not religious, nor is my family, but we enjoy being together, giving, eating, and enjoying the fun of the season.

Memorial Day. I'm going to be honest, I look forward to this holiday because it's the unofficial kick off of summer. Campgrounds and lakes open up, the neighborhood pool opens, and it's the start of my favorite time of year. I get to bike more, fish more, kayak more, camp more, boat more, etc. I'm a very patriotic person, I work for the DoD and absolutely love my mission, and I even lost my grandpa due to brain cancer believed to be developed from chemical agents in either WWII or the Korean War. Just like I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day as the one day I need to prove to my wife that I love her, I don't really celebrate Memorial Day the way it's designed to prove that I appreciate the sacrifices made by selfless men and women of war.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 3:53:59 AM PST
Callahan says:
Steak & BJ Day

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 4:24:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 4:25:09 AM PST
klopas says:
Festivus... the holiday for the rest of us. I should read the thread thoroughly next time!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 4:27:49 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Clearly I am doing something wrong in my life. What day does this amazing holiday fall on?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 4:48:28 AM PST
pfft, that's everyday, in America, land of the free.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 4:50:02 AM PST
It's a tossup between January 28th(National Kazoo Day) or March 22nd(National Goof Off Day). It used to be May 16th(Love a Tree Day) but the splinters in the naughty parts just got to be too much for me to handle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 4:53:23 AM PST
It's a religious holiday.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 4:57:22 AM PST
Nicos says:
Every Thursday.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 4:58:25 AM PST
Nicos says:
You weren't using protection! Do you know how many STreeD's you could have caught!?

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 4:59:16 AM PST
Thanksgiving: it's the only holiday where I'm guaranteed a 4-day weekend every year.

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 3:19:12 PM PST
My opinion remains unchanged.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  Nov 20, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 22, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions