Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Deus Ex Wii U Port?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 19, 2013 4:24:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2013 4:25:45 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/deus_ex_human_revolution_directors_cut_leaked_by_amazon

I am a bit curious. I have never played Deus Ex before. It is on my list to check out at some point. I will probably go cheap with the 360 version unless the U version is nicely upgraded.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 4:27:23 AM PDT
I am just glad the Wii U has games coming out even if they are ports. Hopefully this is done well.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 4:34:43 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
The old ports do not bother me much, I am a slow gamer due to time constraints, I typically pickup most games a year or two late anyway. Just a few months ago I finally played Uncharted 3.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 5:25:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2013 5:26:13 AM PDT
Zen Kaizoku says:
Looked interesting when it originally released, I just never jumped on it. It's got my full attention now though. And in May too? When Nintendo has yet to release their blockbusters? When a late port actually makes sense and the 3rd party support is dryer than it should be?

Square Enix knows how to do business, take notes, pictures, do studies, whatever it takes to learn other 3rd parties.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 5:34:06 AM PDT
elect Tron says:
Great game! As long as the game performs well on the Wii U, should be a no brainer for Wii U owners who have yet to play this game. The second screen should be cool to have.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 5:42:46 AM PDT
The Unknown says:
Hmm, seems interesting, but they're going to have to work for it to make me buy this again. Those Wii U specific features had better be more than just "map on the screen". If the Game-Pad's potential was properly utilised in this port, I'll make the double dip. Shouldn't be too hard to create something unique, I've thought of a few just in the time it took to write this post.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 5:43:33 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
I am curious to see what kind of port it will be. Need for Speed apparently is being improved a good deal. Most other ports seem to be more typical. I'd like to see them do a good job on this one and take advantage of the hardware a bit. I also would like to see Tomb Raider at some point.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 5:54:03 AM PDT
Sars says:
This would be cool, One of my favorite games this gen. I would probably pick it up since i got rid of it and never got to play the dlc. of course I would wait for a price drop

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 5:58:13 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
I think that the greatest thing the Wii U's gamepad does is allow the user to play games on it without a TV. It sucks that some games are built fully integrating the Gamepad thus removing this feature whether they mean to or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 6:01:44 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
Yeah I am very happy Monster Hunter supports play on the Pad without a TV. I could see using this feature while my kids watch a movie or something. I think Elder Scrolls would be perfect for such a feature as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 6:03:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2013 6:04:29 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
It's so cool. I was so dumb with it too. The entire time I had it hooked up in my bedroom attached to a TV, but where my living room is is on the very edge of the signal so it would go in and out sometimes, but why the heck didn't I just move the system right next to me?

I don't think Lego Undercover works on the screen, and ZombiU sure doesn't because of too much Gamepad integration. Nintendo is pushing for creativity without understanding the inherent value they've already created by just using it as the most powerful hand held ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 6:07:08 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
I do wish the signal were stronger though, I only get about 30 feet. It would have been great for Nintendo to get the signal at 100 ft or something. I hope maybe they will improve the Gamepad over time. I also would like to get a second AC adapter. When I travel for work I figure I can take the Wii-U and Gamepad with me. Having something to use in the hotel room at night.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 6:09:18 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
Just make sure you don't check your Gamepad and system like that story that was on the VGF about the guy getting charged over $180 for a replacement after taxes and shipping fees because his airline lost his bag with his Gamepad in it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 6:18:09 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
LOL, yeah I usually carry that stuff on the plane. Plus most of my travel is within 4 hours to another site, so I drive.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 8:08:18 AM PDT
I'd totally double dip. I just love this game.

Posted on Mar 19, 2013 8:14:48 AM PDT
Lyrick_ says:
DeusEx Human Revolution Director's Cut
$49.99 for a game I bought for less than $10 (Steam Sale) roughly two years ago.

Why do they do this?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 8:52:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2013 8:53:21 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
Because they can? Most console gamers don't have access to Steam. I think once console gamers realize how much cheaper Steam is..... well I think console will be in trouble.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 9:17:48 AM PDT
I realize how much cheaper Steam is, and still couldn't give two squirts of. . . pee. They can take my console when they pry it out of my cold, dead hands. Or when they release the new gen.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 9:18:46 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
You seem a bit aggressive today. You feeling ok. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 9:19:06 AM PDT
*hugs physical media*

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 9:23:29 AM PDT
I don't. There are tons of people who just aren't comfortable using computers. It's got all of these crazy buttons on a keyboardy thingy and this willy-nilly wired rat thing and there are viruses and etc etc etc. Consoles? OPEN PLOP CLOSE WAIT FOR STUPID COPYRIGHT SCREENS MENU PLAY.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 9:27:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2013 9:28:04 AM PDT
Lucanus says:
Hence Steambox or at least in concept. Honestly I think TVs will pretty much be a computer with Steam access within 10 years. I can't imagine having separate dedicated consoles from Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft 10 years from now. Hopefully I am wrong, I prefer physical media as well. But that is my prediction. The smart TV will evolve into a computer system. It will come with a tablet controller interface. No more keyboards with tons of buttons.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 9:39:27 AM PDT
Feeling silly today.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: My Fame: An Update 1 7 minutes ago
OT: I upgraded from iPhone to Galaxy and I'm so glad I did 104 7 minutes ago
Amazon sell out of Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition/ Skyrim Special Edition (Remaster) 5 7 minutes ago
Snowflake's (D. Snow) Necrobumping 89 9 minutes ago
CDC Study on Gun Violence DESTROYS Obama's New Gun Control Push 61 13 minutes ago
Xbox One S Is Not 40% Smaller. Microsoft Caught In A Lie And More False Advertising. 7 18 minutes ago
God of War's Gameplay Trailer Is The Most Watched E3 Video on YouTube; Dev: It's Crazy. 2 18 minutes ago
Insomniac Games talks about Spider-Man PS4 exclusivity, no plans for Sunset Overdrive 2 1 23 minutes ago
Microsoft and their console 11 37 minutes ago
PSN flash sale incoming today 82 54 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 3568 55 minutes ago
Microsoft's Xbox One Is Selling So Poorly Retailers Are Getting Desperate 705 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Mar 19, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions