Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Bing Rewards sucks?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 21, 2012 4:23:46 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
I mainly use it because I do lots of searches while at work, so I figured I may as well register and get something out of it.

Well every now and then, I notice I lose like 10 points while doing some searches. Does anyone else ever have this problem?

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 4:28:17 AM PST
Prankster says:
Oh you literally meant sucks. Hah, good one ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 5:56:21 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
I have the same thing happen to me all the time. I think it might have something to do with the browser or computer becaue my work computer always does this to me but my home computer doesn't.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:09:20 AM PST
You're not really losing them, they just aren't displayed properly for whatever reason. You can try waiting a few minutes or signing out and back in after a while. It should restore your balance then.

I have also done the normal number of searches plus the bonuses and even though the number was incorrect when I finished the proper amount was displayed the next day.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 6:17:54 AM PST
Yeah, it's not permanent...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:32:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 6:32:26 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
Alright, thanks. :D

It keeps doing it and I never actually keep track out how many I have, so I guess I didn't notice if they came back or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:35:05 AM PST
I've had times when everything was alright until the very moment I tried to cash out when the number would suddenly drop and I couldn't afford the gift code anymore. I wasn't a happy camper.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:46:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 6:47:05 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
It made me worried, and I had just enough for an Amazon gift card, so I bought one.

Are they emailed or mailed?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:47:45 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Emailed, mine took about 12 hours though so don't freak out if it doesn't come immediately.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:48:40 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
Ahh, sweet. I don't expect it to. I saw under order summary for previous rewards that it can take 24-48 hours for them to even process them. :P

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:49:50 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
That's because I think they're done in batches. When X amount of people or X amount of time has passed, they send them out in a group.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:51:12 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
Yeah, that makes sense.

I still think they suck though. I'm only doing it because I'm doing the searches already, and it isn't blocked at work. It just takes soooo long.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:52:41 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
You can always do what some people do here, make multiple accounts.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:53:27 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
I've thought about it, I just don't know if I feel like doing the extra work. Maybe I'll give it a try over my holiday break.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 6:53:47 AM PST
Voice of god says:
I've had mine vary from 10 minutes to almost the full 24 hours. The only problem I've ever had was a bad round of MS point codes on three accounts. A quick chat with CS straightened it out with no hassle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:54:17 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
Shhhhh, Bing might be listening. I don't want my 4 accounts to get revoked.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:54:47 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
I just saw it said there's a limit of 64,000 MS points per account. That'd take a hell of a long time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:59:09 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Someone here (Jason?) hit it though. Then they just started redeeming amazon gift cards instead.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 7:09:39 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
Isn't that worth like $800 retail?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 7:13:42 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
It may have been raised since that time. A search using "bing limit" brings up a few mentions of Jason hitting a cap a while back.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 7:15:17 AM PST
Anthony says:
meh, i've had my codes take over a day to be sent out before. slightly annoying. i figured out an easy (read: lazy) way of getting the searches done myself. i went to the bing image search, clicked on all the images of the day, and their links, and bookmarked them all. did it till i had enough searches for 60 points (the most points i've ever been able to earn a day), with a few extra just in case. and put them in different folders, a folder for 10 points, 20 points, and 30 points, inside another folder for all 60. then just open a new window, go to which ever folder fits my needs that day, and right click open all bookmarks.

then wait maybe ten minutes, double check the dash board to make sure all my points have been earned, and close the window. done. takes effort to set up, but saves a whole hell of a lot of time afterwards.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 7:17:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 7:18:16 AM PST
Anthony says:
i made an extra one, but honestly, it was more of a PITA to me than it was worth. i'd have to sign in, do my searches, then clear my cache and everything else, and do it all over again. just too much of a hassle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 7:18:52 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
Awesome, I'll have to give that a try.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 7:32:46 AM PST
Voice of god says:
I just use different browsers. Three accounts, three browsers. Don't have to sign in or anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 7:36:55 AM PST
Yeah, that was me. The limit is only for 365 days though so after that you can start going for MS points again. The Amazon cards are cheaper though.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums
Discussion Replies Latest Post
Books on Sale 331 35 minutes ago
Who should I read next? 18 46 minutes ago
2014 Reading Challenge 85 3 hours ago
. 21 4 hours ago
So I have a giant bottle of Diet Pepsi... 1 4 hours ago
Fun is overrated 3 4 hours ago
Jenna Part Deux!! 5163 5 hours ago
DS/3DS Games for Adults PART 4 2533 13 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Nov 21, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions