Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Halo 4 is the best looking console game

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 251-275 of 316 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 1:34:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 1:38:13 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I think many of the games we are discussing here are just short of just that: some high def textures, more aggressive AA, shadows and tesselation from taking the image quality to another level.

Halo 4 in 1080p native with Nvidia PhysX (like in BL2) would just be straight bananas.

LA Noire...imagine with the framerate headroom what they could've done for the character movement and mechanics.

I am happy with what the 360/PS3 have put forth without a question though. The power of optimization is pretty impressive, which also makes the next gen that more exciting too though.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 1:36:58 PM PST
Oskar2525 says:
I concede, Halo 4 looks better than Uncharted 3.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 2:05:20 PM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Who are you and what have you done with the real Oskar?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 2:49:00 PM PST
AndrewA says:
I've been playing for a couple days now and it really is beautiful. If next gen games are supposed to be six times more powerful gaming is going to become ridiculous.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 3:10:35 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
For comparison, here's Halo 3:

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2hrl2s8.jpg

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2wm4dav.jpg

http://oi46.tinypic.com/25u1ulf.jpg

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 3:11:58 PM PST
Since Uncharted 3, you mean? Even Metal Gear Solid 4 looks better. Halo 4 definitely looks good, but not as good as those.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 3:15:46 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
I was pretty underwhelmed with MGS4's graphics. The cutscenes were pretty nice and well directed, but I was hardly blown away once playing it. Many environments looked pretty bland to me. UC3 and Halo 4 are superior to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 3:47:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 3:48:02 PM PST
JWK says:
http://oi46.tinypic.com/2hrl2s8.jpg

AHHHHH!!!! MY EYES!!! MY F!@*#&^ EYES!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:31:26 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
MGS4 didn't know if it wanted to be a game or a Final Fantasy. Waste of all that Bluray.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 4:38:06 PM PST
Halo 4 looks great for a halo game

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:40:52 PM PST
Nah, you're wrong. You're talking about art direction. That's different than graphics. MGS4's graphics are still better than Halo 4's.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:57:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 7:58:32 PM PST
UziHorowitz says:
I'm talking about graphics, not art direction. Many environments were bland when it came to texture work. It's not up there with Uncharted's, Halo 4, Killzone's, etc. You'll spot some bland textures in every game if you look, but I didn't find many of the environments in MGS4 technically amazing. But like I said, the cutscenes were nicely done.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:04:48 PM PST
Crazy Stupid Love is a really good movie. Criminally overlooked.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:06:38 PM PST
Lair.

This is the right time to say this, right?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:23:04 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I am playing Halo 4 right now and the graphics are great. Then again so are UC3's and Gears 3....Essentially I really don't get what the argument is about or why anyone should care. Unless you put two TV's side by side or have a lot of time on your hands it is difficult to discern which game has the better graphics.

My advice: The graphics are great, so just enjoy the game!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:28:00 PM PST
Yeah, the cutscenes, the character animations, the environmental and lighting effects, etc. Not sure where you thought textures were bland, because even just LOOKING at it (i.e., not from a technical standpoint), it looks better than Killzone or Halo 4. Uncharted 2/3 I'll give you, but those others? Not so much.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:32:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 8:32:54 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
by the way Got Mayo, Uncharted 3 sold 3.8 million units worldwide in 24 hours, so you can stop gloating/bragging over Halo 4's 3.1 million unit sales being so impressive...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:37:09 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Really Sha? Are you that die-hard of a Sony fan? Do you make out with it?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-10-sony-uncharted-3-day-one-global-sales

Sony: Uncharted 3 day one global sales

Shipped or sold?

By Wesley Yin-Poole Published Thursday, 10 November 2011

Uncharted 3 sold 3.8 million units globally day one, Sony has claimed.

We presume it means shipped to shops, as opposed to sold through to consumers. We've asked Sony for clarification.

By comparison, FIFA 12 sold 3.2 million copies in its first week of availability, making it the biggest release in the history of sports games, according to publisher EA.

It is also unclear which day one Sony refers to in its press release. Uncharted 3 launched on 28th October in some European countries, on 1st November in the US, 2nd November in the UK and elsewhere in Europe, and 3rd November in Australia.

What Sony probably means is it shipped 3.8 million copies of the Naughty Dog made action adventure to shops around the world for launch.

"The PlayStation 3 exclusive title - released to universal critical acclaim (Metacritic: 92) - has smashed sales expectations to become one of the best-selling titles of 2011, putting the third instalment on a clear course to be the biggest selling game in the trilogy," Sony said.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:42:55 PM PST
Talking about Halo 4.

So far I'm really enjoying it. The graphics are quite amazing. It would be nice if people just didn't have to shove it in the face of each other.

"Oh my graphics are so better then yours! I W I N, Y O U L O S E."

Grow up people.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:44:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 8:52:26 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
if you don't believe that Sony says they SOLD 3.8 million Uncharted 3 units, then that's your problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:00:36 PM PST
AndrewA says:
<It looks like Naughty Dog has another hit on their hands with Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. According to the latest sales numbers, Uncharted 3 has sold over a million copies in its first week of release - that's 30% higher than Uncharted 2′s debut week, making Uncharted 3 is the 4th biggest launch for a PlayStation 3 exclusive game all time.>

A quick google search showed that it sold about 1.4 million copies in its first week of global sales. If it sold 3.8 million in the first 24 hours, it would be very sad that the game has about 4.2 million total sales so far.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:05:24 PM PST
Takato14 says:
Why does this retarded thread exist.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:07:47 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
No it is not my problem. If anyone ever disagrees with you then you get really upset and defensive. You refuse to change your mind or understand that people may have differing opinions. It is your way or the highway, and when you are proven wrong, which is quite often you shrug it off.

Wikipedia says 3.8 million shipped and Sony will not release numbers. So maybe you are the one wrong or misled. If I am then I will admit that I am. But don't be such a damn sheep to Sony.

Besides, why do you believe that Sony sold that much but question everything that MS does? Why do you have such an anti-MS hard-on? You claim to be American through and through and yet don't support an American company. Are you a spy or a member of a terrorist organization?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:08:24 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Sha says so, so it is CORRECT! YOU ARE WRONG ANDREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I did not mean to shout.....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:10:28 PM PST
AndrewA says:
Look at my post my friend.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  52
Total posts:  316
Initial post:  Nov 4, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions