Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Supreme Court to hear two gay marriage cases next year

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 351-375 of 527 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 2:16:39 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2012 9:34:53 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 2:16:50 PM PST
Nightmare says:
Oh, I didn't realize that it wasn't conceived naturally. I thought it was fertilized outside of the womb, but then planted and birthed naturally. That's an iffy one. But I don't think God would hold anybody accountable for it either way, since "where little is given, little is required."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 2:18:24 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
Well, and keep in mind I'm just posting this conversation for the sake of academics. Even if we don't agree, you're fun to debate with. The argument that I've heard people holding hard to one end of the spectrum on the subject is that since it's occurring outside of the womb it is ergo unnatural. I mean, egg and sperm whatever, but since it's not occurring within the confines of a human body it is playing God.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 2:24:00 PM PST
Nightmare says:
You may be right about that one. From a Biblical perspective, maybe it is immoral. But without a strong pull from my understanding of the Bible, I don't think I would come down on one side or the other on this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 2:26:59 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
That "definition of marriage" thing? Yeah... Doesn't mean what you think it does.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 2:27:51 PM PST
Nightmare says:
BTW, it's been fun debating with you as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 2:28:04 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
I'd leave it up to personal judgement. Even when I was a Christian I was still for it since any biblical statements against were stretching what the text intended at best and misinterpretation at worst.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 2:32:34 PM PST
Nightmare says:
Yeah, I can't think of anything in the Bible that would make me lean hard either way.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 2:35:07 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
Dubya Dubya Jay Dee, I guess. The world is a strange place compared to the places and times the writers lived in.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 2:38:04 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2012 9:34:25 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 2:39:47 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2012 9:34:12 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 2:40:03 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
What ever you say, Champ.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 2:46:06 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2012 7:30:52 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 2:50:28 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 14, 2012 2:57:25 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 8:56:08 PM PST
I have to agree, I've enjoyed talking with Nightmare. I hope I didn't get too negative. It's a nice thing about America that we can have a lot of different viewpoints on things.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 9:48:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 9:52:27 PM PST
Real217 says:
"Steve, people are born gay"

and you have any scientific proof for this? How did you come to this conclusion?

Yeah. I thought so. Nothing. If everybody in the human race was gay, you probably would not be here. But here's my dilemma, i'm open minded enough to consider the possibility that maybe people are born gay, but why? its certainly not natural, thats a fact. There is a reason there are female and male sexes, if it was natural to be gay, humans would reproduce asexually. Seeing that thats not the case, i dont see how someone can be born gay. At least not yet, until science proves otherwise. Yeah, i believe in science too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:05:32 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:43:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 10:46:15 PM PST
Real217 says:
This is your scientific proof? and you're calling me turdfest? ironic.

I see "hypothesis", i see "researchers", i see "not in DNA", "not in our genetics" and i havent even finished reading the article.

Let me elucidate. When a study is done, and research is published about the congenital history of homosexuality, then we can talk.
Oh, and there is life on the Andromeda Galaxy. (I'm sorry, that might be a hypothesis.)
Gtfoh.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:08:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 11:08:45 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Turdfest was for fun due to the beer but....Hey, how about this:

You show some proof, any proof about your so-called theory. Anything that is quasi-scientific, and not a downvote either.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:24:11 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Wait, I missed this: You did not finish the article? It discusses genetics, a different type of genetics that is still inherent and comes the parent. I think you are missing the point.

"They further argue that epi-marks may help to buffer a female fetus from high levels of testosterone by suppressing receptors that respond to testosterone, for example, (thus ensuring normal fetal development even in the presence of a lot of testosterone) or to buffer a male fetus from low levels of testosterone by upregulating receptors that bind to the hormone (ensuring normal fetal development even in the absence of high levels of testosterone). Normally, these epi-marks are erased after they are activated, but if those marks are passed down to the next generation, the same epi-marks that protected a man in utero may cause oversensitivity to testosterone among his daughters, and the epi-marks that protected a woman in utero may lead to undersensitivity to testosterone among her sons."

This is not genetic? Then what is?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:33:16 PM PST
Banner says:
Do you think our bodies are born perfect?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:35:20 PM PST
Banner says:
People are born with two heads and both genitalia and yet you think it's impossible for someone to be born gay.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:37:12 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:38:36 PM PST
Banner says:
Hmmm is Real217 a vgfer?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 11:43:19 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Mayhap he is. But, I enjoy the passive aggressive pansiness of the basement dwellers....Yes, I love the downvote!

Anyway, I am not sure if he is. For some reason he and others come with only declaratory statements with no actual sources.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  49
Total posts:  527
Initial post:  Dec 7, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions