Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Have you ever bought or sold a game on Craigslist or do the (sometimes) scary people on there keep you away?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-36 of 36 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:28:22 PM PST
Nicos says:
I have bought stuff no problems. Just meet in a public place and make sure you got the final price in an email or text.

Selling is another story. I gave up after the third person tried to BS me. The agreed on price for the item was 30 bux. When I go to meet this hippie grease stain he was all like "oh man! I only got a 20 on me!" Alright then, no deal. "But man I drove all the way out here!" Oh no. "Hold on man, I found a five-spot in my glove box!" Wow, if you find another five bux, you can have the game. Otherwise I am leaving. Ugh.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:29:18 PM PST
DVvM says:
I'm very afraid of being stabbed.

So I don't use Craigslist.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 10:52:19 PM PST
KrisCo says:
I bought a sportscar...kinda?

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:48:42 AM PST
AmmmY says:
I havent because you have to go get it from them physically correct? Im not going to a strangers house.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:10:21 AM PST
I am a frequent craigslist user. I have bought and sold several things...ranging from buying a cedar chest to selling a stove/dishwasher/computer and trading video games. Just recently met a woman to trade my copy of god of war 3 for uncharted 2. I'm not afraid to use craigslist. I have rules and I keep a gun close at all times when dealing with craigslist...but have never had any issues.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:16:24 AM PST
The two times I've bought something off there it turned out that they were teenagers. I was like wow I'm the creepy guy in this transaction, smooth sailing tho. I got a DS w/ Pokemon Pearl for $45, DS works great plays GBA games and Pearl had a ton of Master Balls.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:28:40 AM PST
R. Greer says:
I buy and sell on craigslist all the time and I have meet some crazy people but none that have ever made me feel in danger or anything. I do have a great story though.

I was going to meet this guy who was buying some retro games off of me and I called him on the phone to tell him I was on the way. When he answered, I said I am almost there and he said "OK, by the way I'm black". I kind of laughed but it caught me off guard. When I meet him he said he was suppose to meet some other guy and he said the guy pulled up and and saw him and turned around and drove away. He said he thought it was because he was black. Anyway it made me laugh.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:28:52 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
Meet in a public place and talk to them on the phone first. If they sound like "dey don no howe 2 talc to ppl so good" then you should probably not deal with them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:31:11 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
So you got some master balls from some teenagers?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:31:56 AM PST
PacinoBully says:
The trip to the ER is half the fun.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:39:45 AM PST
Fidel Amaya says:
I bought my car off of Craigslist. It was a smooth transaction
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: So, will KD and Westbrook finally get that ring? 3 3 minutes ago
OT: Uncharted 4.....LOL at this one scene. Spoilers! 36 4 minutes ago
Sony Expects to Sell 20 Million PlayStation 4s in the Next Year 25 9 minutes ago
Paragon 5 39 minutes ago
2016 VGF Vote to the death...you monsters 4411 40 minutes ago
Who do you think will have an excellent E3? 89 44 minutes ago
WTF Capcom 12 1 hour ago
I Heard The Funniest Thing Today, I Was Talking With A Former Xbot And He Said "Microsoft Could Win E3, They Might Have Some Huge BC Announcement". 12 3 hours ago
Destiny VGF Clan v5.0 9703 3 hours ago
OT: What Are You Listening To-2016 Version! 911 3 hours ago
Overwatch discussion thread 69 3 hours ago
My amazon user review: TMNT - Mutants in Manhattan (X360) 4 4 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions