Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

NRA vs Videogames?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 252 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 7:47:42 PM PST
Wow, talk about being a dic. I thought you were above the pathetic insults.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 7:51:40 PM PST
"I would consider total war as everyone is fighting the enemy no matter if you are a man, woman, or child."

That is not what total war means. If it was, it would be a meaningless, never-attained term.

However, one aspect is the gearing up of non-combatants to, say, make weapons.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 7:56:25 PM PST
I don't mean every single person fighting of course. I mean every able bodied person that is able to fight within reason. We haven't fought any recent battle like against a country as a whole.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 7:57:34 PM PST
Total war = no holding anything back, we're going to show you in force why we shouldn't be messed with; don't care about any backlash that the world throws at us. It means with all available resources to put the other down as firmly and quickly as possible. Won't ever happen again unless the unthinkable were to happen and someone actually used or was ready to use WMD's. I'll be ecstatic if this type of warfare never comes about. People that haven't ever dealt with triage can talk about how we should just walk in and kick so-and-so's ass, but they've never seen some stuff. Hell, I've never been stationed over in Sandy, and I've seen some people messed up both physically and mentally. They might be soldiers, but they're humans first. Nobody needs to experience some things.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:01:37 PM PST
So, instead of explaining what you meant with that post, you cry about me being "mean" about being unable to understand your randomly arranged letters. Seems legit.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:03:56 PM PST
I prefer to have conversations with adults, not with pathetic people on these forums. I will proceed to speak to the others who know how to have a mature conversation. You don't know how to read very well if you can't figure out a few measly words anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:09:13 PM PST
I've collected HFP and FSA for 5 of the last 13 years.
The things I've seen are EXACTLY why I say it would be easier and cheaper to get it over with quickly, instead of screwing up our whole way of life for an entire generation for nothing more than the privilege of arming another country to badmouth us and attack us again in the future.

I've handed an MRE to a kid just to see him blown up by his own people a week later. They make it way too easy to think of them as less than human.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:10:57 PM PST
We've never fought like that. No current civilization has.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:12:26 PM PST
I don't think calling the people on this forum "pathetic" is really conducive to productive discourse.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:12:56 PM PST
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?:
"They were that full on with us so if we did it to them I would definitely consider us worse."

Instead of being a little sissy and crying about it, EXPLAIN what you mean with real sentences. Or, you know, cry some more. Are you foreign? Do you not speak English at all? Are your posts a product of Google Translate?

No. You're just too lazy to explain what you wrote and would rather whine.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:13:19 PM PST
"They might be soldiers, but they're humans first. Nobody needs to experience some things."

Amen.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:14:23 PM PST
Right. But nuking them all (thus killing that kid anyway) wouldn't exactly be useful or moral.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:15:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 8:21:12 PM PST
Morality gets awfully slippery when you're warm and safe and well-fed though.

I mean, I'm not sure that I can really fund a metaphysically robust sense of morality beyond a naïve boo/hooray gut reaction to things, but I've also never pointed a gun at anybody nor had a gun pointed at me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:17:12 PM PST
Do you not know how to read other posts I have written?

"I don't mean every single person fighting of course. I mean every able bodied person that is able to fight within reason. We haven't fought any recent battle like against a country as a whole."

You are clearly damaged in the head if you can't read. How about get over being a baby and learn to have a real conversation.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:18:02 PM PST
It would be useful. Eliminate the threat and take the oil. That's what the world thinks we're doing, anyway.
And morality has little place in war. When two nations have decided that "there isn't enough room on the planet for both of us," there isn't a whole lot of middle ground there.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:21:00 PM PST
Middle ground is not killing kids, and if one side doesn't agree, that doesn't mean we have to adopt the same ideas.

"That's what the world thinks we're doing, anyway."

So your response to what the world thinks of us is to ACTUALLY show that we are what the world thinks we are?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:23:16 PM PST
And you STILL don't freaking explain the god-forsaken sentences that made no sense. Are you that thick-headed and outright stupid that you can't explain what you meant just once, you have to keep crying over and over again about how you've been WRONGED? Wouldn't it just be easier to write the thoughts in coherent language in the first place? Hmm?

But the troll in you wants to cry and whine instead.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:23:39 PM PST
There are legitimate reasons, say, to kill children in wartime. Like that kid pointing a gun at you, or that kid wearing bombs on his chest.

I may not believe in god or karma, but if I did, I don't think anyone would be guilty in those situations (neither the child, nor the soldier acting in self-defense or the defense of others).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:28:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 8:28:59 PM PST
Wow, you really are pathetic tonight. Calling people babies and talking about wiping out entire countries which includes children. You are really on a roll with the trolling tonight. It's like someone stole your juice box.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:30:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 8:31:09 PM PST
So not only are you too stupid to explain your own posts in coherent language, but you don't understand the concept of "total war."

And you call me the "troll."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:31:41 PM PST
Exactly. Just because the other side is doing something doesn't mean that we have carte blanche to do the same, nor should we. I'm not just talking about trying to look like the good guy, I'm just talking about not being a monster. Guys, think for a minute here. DVvM has raised a very valid point. It's extraordinarily easy to 'armchair quarterback' our military decisions. Heck, I'm sure that most enlisted could list more screwups than we have even began to list. Regardless, if you've never been at the sharp end of the stick, you don't know what it's like.

I'll admit, when I was in, I never went overseas; esp to any hot areas. However, I still keep in contact with quite a few of my friends and I hear stuff and listen to it. You don't WANT to be like some of these people, PERIOD!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:45:00 PM PST
Agreed on all counts.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:45:45 PM PST
How did you manage to not get deployed?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:50:24 PM PST
Fire and Rescue at Pendleton and they were short staffed. The only time I wasn't in CA was when I was doing my training in TX. I thought for sure I was going to get called back to active after 9-11, but didn't happen.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 9:05:04 PM PST
Frank says:
Spoken like a true grunt. Take a lesson from this logistics POG who also collected HFP and FSA. Look back and read your history Mog. No modern people were ever subjugated by waging unlimited, total war against the natives. First, you cannot fiscally sustain it. There are only so many beans and bullets you can bring to the front. Without creeping into classified stuff, you KNOW this as a servicemember. Second, people will always try to shake the "yoke of oppression". The more you persecute them, the more they will rise up against you. The Soviets didn't worry much about international opinion and did in fact lay down mines that look like toys to target children in Afghanistan. Did going after non combatants help them any? Did the Khmer Rouge last a long time? No. In the case of Japan, whose cities were firebombed and nuked into big parking lots, we had to deal with them carefully and let them save face so the natives don't rise to insurrection after the government surrendered. Third, it doesn't matter how brutal the invaders are, there will always be someone left. And the few who are left don't have to wage a war against the oppressors. They simply have to cause enough casualties to sting.

Going back to a few heavily armed Americans against the US military. It will be a win by the people. The ROE is against the government. They can't pulverize their own cities.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  252
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions