Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

General Wii U impressions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 112 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 21, 2012 4:37:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 4:38:14 PM PST
P. Oyer says:
Has anybody else played ME3 yet? I couldn't get any online matches this afternoon so I started the single player. It seems to me they have replaced Vega's dialog. For PS3/360 it was Freddy Prinze Jr... and it was obvious that it was him. On the Wii U it sounds more generic space marine. Freddy is still the voice for the anime next month, so it doesn't make any sense. I guess it could be a bad sound mix. I don't see anything about it searching google.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 11:58:25 AM PST
I know that game very well (platted it on two accounts which requires four playthroughs at minimum.)

It's a good game. I paid $50 for it and I felt I got my money's worth. If you enjoy Uncharted you'll probably like Golden Abyss, it just isn't as good as the PS3 Uncharteds.

My issues with Golden Abyss are forced gimmicks which break the flow of the game, a couple cases of poor level design and some story pacing problems. None of these are game breaking.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 11:54:55 AM PST
Keller says:
Any particular reason it wasn't any good? Persona 4 is grabbing my attention the most at the moment.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 11:36:46 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
No, my opinion of the Wii U's graphics are shared by many.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 11:32:30 AM PST
Ehh, Uncharted was ok but not even close to the other three. Yes, I bought a Vita and Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 11:22:29 AM PST
Keller says:
This is so true. Next year when I get some cash for Vita, I will be taking opinions on games from actual owners. I hear wonderful things about Uncharted and Persona.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 11:12:23 AM PST
A person who has ample firsthand experience with a product can provide a much more substantive discussion about it than a person who has none.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 11:10:23 AM PST
Pretty much.. Everything you said was pretty much invalid anyway though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 8:36:25 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
Don't turn it off while its updating! Or lose your connection!

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 7:27:59 PM PST
Susan_G says:
We just picked one up at Target tonight - getting it set up right now, hoping to play it a bit before bed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:09:59 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
Same here.

Wish there was a penalty for returning a preorder, to shaft the profiteers who were trying to buy them up and flip them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:07:19 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 20, 2012 7:07:52 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:05:37 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
You just have to know what the legitimate sources are.

A sample size of one Wii U (your own) is not enough to come to a conclusion.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:04:21 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
Oh, damn.

Caught in a spelling error. Everything I've ever believed or said is now invalid.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 1:51:22 PM PST
Keller says:
LOL, sorry I should have been more clear. Honest mistake, but yeah there are crazy people everywhere. :)

As for CNET, the ribbed the U pretty hard, I don't really agree or disagree. I am on the fence. If anything I don't get reviewing hardware when it comes to games, since software matters.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 1:48:31 PM PST
Ah, so Doug does branch out from the VGF occasionally.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 1:47:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 1:48:51 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
A comment from a CNET reader. Not something from the writer.

Edit: Permalink - http://fyre.it/a2jzZr

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 1:44:13 PM PST
This is from CNET? I don't care what they think, this is not an acceptable way to express it for a professional website.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 1:43:06 PM PST
Keller says:
From CNET:

"Wii U? more like Wii SUCKS.

this is such an epic fail by Nintendo.. yeah i'm sure millions will buy it anyway.. but 349 bucks for a system with graphics just on par and maybe less than the 360 and PS3 is a FAIL.. wait til the Xbox 3 and PS4 come out.. Nintendo's time is DONE."

I laughed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 1:16:41 PM PST
In San Antonio almost every Target has some in stock.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 12:34:59 PM PST
Just had a friend pick one up for me! She spotted one at a fricking Target. It took some doing to convince her to buy the console and two games for me, lol. I want to start collecting your friend...thingies to add you all. I'm psyched to play the new Mario Bros. game. I was down the return to the 2D Mario until I saw it in motion and it looks like a blast. ZombiU also looks like my kind of game. I like almost the exact same games as Jimbo Sterling (yes, I love Dynasty Warriors) and he loved it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 12:31:00 PM PST
But knowledge gained through firsthand experience trumps knowledge absorbed through reading stuff on the internet.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 12:30:06 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
They restocked it already!? Very cool. I guess there won't be a shortage after all!

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 12:28:21 PM PST
Yay, Just called Best Buy and they received a new shipment of the deluxe version. Going to pick mine up in about 30 min.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 12:25:01 PM PST
Before posting such a "wise" saying, you MAY just want to check the spelling first.

Also... Obvious troll is obvious.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  112
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions