Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Is this Wham Shell Skylanders character rare or something?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 9, 2012 3:49:25 PM PDT
Jawwaad says:
Well, I stopped at Target after work today to pick up my check and I went to the electronics department to see if anything went on clearance or not. So I see the Wham Shell character and remember seeing it here on Amazon for $39.99. I bought 2 for about $17. Now does anyone know if this character is rare or something as it seems retailers never have it in stock and I saw a thread about this character on CAG.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 3:52:49 PM PDT
It is fairly rare. As you can see, people are bidding around $30 for Wham Shell on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylanders-WHAM-SHELL-Brand-New-and-Sealed-in-Package-/150851710085?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item231f766c85

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLANDERS-FIGURE-WHAM-SHELL-RARE-NIB-VHTF-WHAMSHELL-WHAM-SHELL-1-DAY-AUCTION-/261062824829?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3cc88e937d

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 4:28:55 PM PDT
I think one of the limited edition versions of wham shell is amongst the most valuable. $500 or something nutty like that on ebay.

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 11:15:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 24, 2012 11:18:21 PM PDT
I've searched for one locally for months now, and couldn't find it. A couple days ago, I discovered Toysrus is selling a "Skylanders Giants Castle Display Case" with a FREE Wham-Shell inside for $30. You Can order online, or stop by one of their stores. My local one had quite a few in stock. I finally got to complete my Skylanders collection from the first game.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=16405566

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 11:29:15 PM PDT
Yung says:
Nice find

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 5:47:02 AM PDT
The trouble with overypaying for collectibles is that invariably the shift comes that makes your collection's value nosedive.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 5:59:33 AM PDT
PacinoBully says:
A true collector doesn't care about the price of his collection.

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 6:17:02 AM PDT
So Skylanders is this year's Tickle Me Elmo?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 6:18:15 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
I think Skylanders is now EVERY year's Tickle Me Elmo.

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 6:29:33 AM PDT
Damn that is the only character I don't have from the first set. I have been looking at toysRus and gamestops and walmarts around here for him!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 6:36:32 AM PDT
Ha, yeah, I'll tell that to the lady I know whose apartment is full of beanie babies.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 6:38:00 AM PDT
At least Skylanders is a game and has intrinsic value for that, whereas beanie babies are just junk. That being said, anyone who pays more than MSRP for one of these things needs to check themselves.

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 7:34:27 AM PDT
Wham shell was the last one I was missing and was lucky to find it on Best Buy, last one in store. The guy who saw me with it asked me if there was more. My sis told me I could have sold it to him for 30 or more, but I'm no scalper. And besides, I don't want to rip anyone off on a toy they want and don't have.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 12:53:39 PM PST
VERY rare........... it is the last one my son needs to get for series one but i am so not willing to spen 40 plus shipping for a charactor.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:26:34 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
Buy this and you get Wham Shell for free. It costs $36

Skylander Giants Castle Display Case Free Elusive Rare Wham Shell With Purchase

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:33:11 PM PST
saskamazon says:
anyone know if there will be more Giants available for the new game than the 3 - Crusher, Swarm, & Bouncer ? I thought there would be a couple more ... I think they too could end up being hard to come by the closer Christmas gets ... I went last week & 3 stores were already sold out ... I did get 2 of the Giants, luckily.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:35:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 1:36:51 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
There is Hothead and the one that comes with the starter pack Saskamazon. Target has the starter pack for $49 this week.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:41:02 PM PST
saskamazon says:
great deal ... did get the starter pack already, but would love to snag Hothead before Christmas - will have to keep my eyes open. I wasn't sure if Hothead had been released yet - good to know, thanks. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 2:03:32 PM PST
JWK says:
It's not nearly as rare as the William Shattner Skylanders character.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 2:26:38 PM PST
I saw this great deal but unfortunately it isn't hasn't' come to Calgary toys r us yet

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 2:37:59 PM PST
Yes there will be 1 giant figure for each element, we already have 4, the 3 you mentioned plus Treerex who comes with the game. The fire giant hothead is still really hard to find since wave 2 hasn't been released in all stores yet but my understanding is that Nov 29th is when wave 2 is supposed to hit all stores so I would check for him then. After that we will still have 3 more giants coming, Thumpback (water), Eyebrawl (undead), Ninjini (magic).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 3:00:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 3:45:34 PM PST
Of the giants, we have Tree Rex, Gnarly Tree Rex, Swarm, Hot Head, Granite Crusher, Crusher, Bouncer, and Legendary Bouncer so far. Still waiting for Thumpback, Eye-Brawl, and Ninjini, but I believe those may not come out until next year. Then of the new non-giant characters, we've got Flashwing, Chill, Shroom Boom, Sprocket, Fright Rider, Pop Fizz, Punch Pop Fizz, Gold Flameslinger, Legendary Stealth Elf, the latest Legendary 3-Pack, and Lightcore versions of Drobot, Eruptor, Prism Break, and Jet Vac. Still waiting on Hot Dog, the rest of the Lightcore figures, and possibly a few other special editions. I think that's it, unless they wind up releasing more expansion packs that have not yet been announced.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Jul 9, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions