Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

PlayStation All-Stars Impressions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 79 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 20, 2012 3:28:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 3:30:29 PM PST
So I've been playing for about 5 hours and it's really addictive. I'll spend an hour just messing around with a new character in Vs. mode getting use to how he works. I've played through the story with Drake and Spike so far. And put in about a dozen online matches. My initial impressions are that I like characters with swords. lol Even more then the ones with guns. It's easier to rack up combos and fill your gauge quickly. Dante and Spike are awesome for this. I haven't even gotten to over half the roaster yet so there's still a lot more to explore. The stages are amazing as well. I love how you'll be playing in Parappa's dojo and a minute later the MAWLR from Killzone 3 is shooting missiles at you.

My main complaint (and I think it will be most people's too) is that when you're playing story mode, it's narrated with nothing but pictures and voice overs. The only time you see any live action is when you get to your "rival fight" just before the end boss battle. And that's over pretty quick. It would of been awesome if each character had a quick live action intro or something before you started their story. The way it is seems really cheap and just lazy. Luckily the core gameplay is just great and that will keep me coming back. It's not overflowing with content like say Mortal Kombat, but I've been playing all afternoon and have just scratched the surface.

As of right now I would score it an 8/10.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:23:46 PM PST
FOGE says:
8atchet & Spank?

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:25:07 PM PST
1#Pen Name says:
Clank's sadist brother.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:28:50 PM PST
Joel H. says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:29:31 PM PST
DVvM says:
Crash Bandicoot isn't in this game right?

Crash Bandicoot should be in the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 4:30:17 PM PST
1#Pen Name says:
I need some spyro.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 4:33:01 PM PST
Agreed. As should a character from Final Fantasy and a Chimera. Hopefully we'll get them in future DLC.

It would surprise me if it wasn't already discussed when they were making the game. There's probably legal issues since Crash and FF are from different companies.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 4:35:49 PM PST
Why would I boycott a fun game? Save the petitions for Black Ops Declassified.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 4:37:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 4:38:12 PM PST
DVvM says:
Well, I mean, you would have to license the rights to use Crash if you don't own the IP, but that's no different than how they had to license the rights to use Big Daddy (since Sony definitely doesn't own the Bioshock IP.)

I can't see whoever happens to own the rights to use Crash Bandicoot being too unwilling to license them for a reasonable fee. It's not like there are a lot of hot Crash Bandicoot games on the horizon and we're worried about sending the wrong message about Crash.

Square might be loathe to license any of the characters from the Final Fantasy games that people love, though. So maybe we'll get Squall.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 4:41:55 PM PST
Big Daddy is owned by 2K. Dante by Capcom. Crash is Activision so maybe they're being jerks about it or something.

You would think Square would be more then willing to have Cloud or Lightning be in the game, though....considering their history with PlayStation. I don't know what's up with that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 4:43:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 4:43:30 PM PST
DVvM says:
You'd think Sony would be doing Activision a favor by returning Crash Bandicoot to the public consciousness without requiring Activision to spend any money to do so.

I mean, give them creative oversight over the character (like Marvel has in Marvel vs. Capcom games, say), and having Crash as DLC would only benefit Activision.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 4:48:22 PM PST
Yeah, it really doesn't make any sense. Hopefully Crash, Cloud, and Spyro will be added later on. It's definitely weird to not have those characters in there.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 5:03:16 PM PST
Benpachi says:
They should add Amaterasu as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 5:04:00 PM PST
FOGE says:
Naughty Dogg has the Crash rights and Insomniac has Spyro. Both are very buddy buddy with Sony.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 5:07:40 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
Square characters are going to be dlc. I give this game a 10. It turned out way better than I ever thought it would be. It's addicting and one of the funniest games I've played in a long while. The environments are nicely done and animated and I like how they effect gameplay. I agree that the I tros could use some animation. My favorites are Kraros and raiden. I've never played smash bros (I don't really care for nintendo) but this game is a blast.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 5:09:09 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
Both ips were created by them, but activision has crash rights I believe (unless they recently reverted back) and I can't remember who has spyro.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 5:13:44 PM PST
FOGE says:
Seriously?! I find that hard to believe. Does Activision own anything they didn't buy?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 5:16:20 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
I think they absorbed it when they bought somebody out, universal interactive maybe.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 5:27:20 PM PST
saskamazon says:
pretty good game ... beat story / arcade mode w/4 of the characters thus far .... on Legendary, started one on All Stars - pretty tough battles .... like unlocking stuff & the customozation of the icons / backgrounds / minions are cool .... really fast paced matches, & once you know your characters Supers it gets easier .... not unhappy with my day 1 purchase .... online is quite active & I now have my Vita version installed & running ... :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 5:44:05 PM PST
FOGE says:
Did day one buys come w a Vita code?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 5:47:45 PM PST
I. Flores says:
Far as I know, every PS3 version has a Vita version included, now and forevah.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 5:52:31 PM PST
FOGE says:
Oh that's just too much awesome! I got it waiting at home. Between that and Plus I have to get a Vita now. Never would have bought one otherwise.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:20:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 6:23:14 PM PST
saskamazon says:
yup, the PS3 version purchase nets you a free Vita copy .... they tied it to the disc - under the game there is a category called "disc benefits" & if you have updated & installed 4.31, you can claim your free digital Vita copy ... you must 1st download it to the Ps3 ... then it will appear in your DL history when you take your Vita to the store ... the file is 1.3 gb for the digital Vita copy .... boat load of fun, trophies for both versions .... much more extensive than the Beta ... love it ! going to be brawler mayhem ... :-)

* preorders from Amazon / Gamestop gave 20 bonus costumes .... so then I'll have 3 costumes for each character & 4 color choices for each .... loving unlocking stuff.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 6:22:07 PM PST
Cinema Fan says:
So when does the DLC come out?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:23:45 PM PST
saskamazon says:
early 2013 - possibly January ...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  79
Initial post:  Nov 20, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions