Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dark Souls again, lol...SPOILERS!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 822 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:12:43 PM PST
There might have been a sign that said something about the ledge, it was awhile back. Those messages helped me find a ton of stuff.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 12:20:09 PM PST
I'm honestly surprised that From didn't put a how-to jump message on the ground right before the well at FLS as a form of trolling.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:21:19 PM PST
Fromsoftware didn't fully explain something in a Souls game? Shocking!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:24:23 PM PST
There was a message somewhere that tells you how to jump, it's just that was the first time I jumped to my death purposefully to see if there was anything down there. If there was, it was the bloodstains of others who had preceded me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 12:35:19 PM PST
I'm actually pretty sure they tell you how to jump either right before you get the Estus Flask or right before the Asylum Demon. I remember reading it and thinking it was a little out of place the first time I played. Honestly I do think its right before you get the Estus because I think I remember running around there for like 10 minutes trying to jump on stuff because I thought they put it there for a reason.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:31:53 PM PST
So played the game for an hour and currently I'm having the opposite of fun. I just cannot find where I'm supposed to go. I keep ending up at these skeletons that cannot die and just am lost as all F. So far level design feels confusing and annoying.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:51:16 PM PST
Peter says:
Are you wandering into a graveyard? Because those skeletons do reforrm until you've whacked on them enough to perma kill them (until you die and they respawn of course).

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:59:16 PM PST
I fixed my Dark Souls! Finally!

Now I can play the game again.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 8:59:49 PM PST
Ignore that area for now. if you're at the bonfire, hug the cliff face and head upwards away from the ruins and into the Undead Burg.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:05:47 PM PST
So pretty much right after I posted I found the right way to go. I'm lost again now wandering around between where a dragon guards a bridge (got by that bastard and open the gate/lit the bonfire) and where I killed an armored boar.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:08:34 PM PST
There's a path right behind the boar towards the right.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 6:43:49 AM PST
Oh, when I said I wasn't having fun...that ended the moment I found where to go and started making progress.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 8:06:14 AM PST
Also the drake flew away, can I get him back?

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 8:07:51 AM PST
Peter says:
He'll come back when you try to cross the bridge again.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 8:12:38 AM PST
Make sure that you cut his tail off if you haven't yet. Also, this is an easy place to grind souls early. Have him roasty all of the skellies on the walkway, go down and use the bonfire you accessed by kicking the ladder down, then rinse and repeat.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:29:28 AM PST
Glad to hear it! Good luck!

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 9:07:33 AM PST
Peter says:
So, I've grabbed the Crimson armor set and the cool spear that I cant quite use yet. I can see another firesoul thingy in the area I thought had the bonfire but didnt. I'm thinking the Eagle Shield is in tat area though? Anyway, right now, I'm on a ledge overlooking the water wheels and that tunnel is to the right. There is a sign that says "Try jumping", but I'm not sure where I'd be jumping to...the tunnel to the right with the firesoul and the dogs or back onto the tree limb bridge that I crossed to get where I'm at right now to begin with. Havent quite figured out where the bonfire is, lol. However, I am still alive and have cleared a lot of the opposition in the area.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 9:22:47 AM PST
Kinda OT to your statement, but you mentioning a spear made me realize one tip that I don't think has seen it's face in the thread yet. When you come across a mimic(don't worry, there are none in Blighttown), if you throw a Lloyds Talisman before you spring their trap, they just sit there all complacent and let you grab their loot without having to face them. This is only handy if you know beforehand so you don't open the 'chest' unless you wanna be tossing the talismans around like confetti.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 10:20:28 AM PST
Peter says:
Cool. I was wondering how best to use those.

On another note, I was all set to head off to that side tunnel and grab the fire soul, then homeward bone back to the bonfire, but like a jack, I fell off the tree root bridge. Now I gotta rinse and repeat AND gather my lost souls back up.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 10:36:23 AM PST
Is it even worth wearing armor in NG+? I don't seem to be surviving any longer with it on and I rather have the best roll. In Demon's souls I only ever wore the armor from Executioner Miranda and I remember it being pretty much worthless in NG+

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 10:42:34 AM PST
Peter says:
Well, I went back, grabbed my lost souls, warped back to the bonfire, went and spoke to my cleric buddy, bought another helping of heal and added force as well. Now I think I'm ready to tackle these blowgun wielding fools. Maybe...and grab that firesoul that's been taunting me.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 10:46:36 AM PST
Peter says:
So...all invaders can get from you are whatever souls you have collected? Because I just spent all mine. :)

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 10:53:16 AM PST
Peter says:
Feeling chatty right now. So...it's kind of funny watching the phantoms of other players race past you with different equip sets. Just watched a dude with a bow and a dude with an axe and shield race by. Also watched a death scene in the tunnel with the three giants where the player had tried to use his bow against them in melee. Interesting.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 11:05:55 AM PST
What's your SL and equip? you have to be using un-upgraded or barely upgraded armor. They hit hard, but not enough to negate your armor completely if you've been keeping up with you improving.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 11:38:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 11:44:10 AM PST
I've been using the Balder set (because I like the look of it, lol). I'm about SL 80 now. I don't have a lot in Endurance, so that may be the issue. I'm thinking I may reroll because I'm not liking the way I distributed points in faith and str (for instance I have 40 whole points in faith).

Edit: It's not heavily upgraded because I'm terrible at getting drops. I'm titanite poor, in other words.
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 33 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  822
Initial post:  Dec 9, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions