Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Best place to go on a First Date?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 108 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:22:31 AM PST
Forever R. says:
agreed!

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 10:22:53 AM PST
I understood the whole coupon thing before it was everywhere in your face, but now? There is groupon, amazon local, google offers. Heck even foursquare gives some discounts if you check in at some places.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:28:49 AM PST
Finger says:
Ha! I just mean that you don't want to give the impression that you're a cheap SOB right up front.

There are lots of things you can do when dating on a tight budget. Coupons are a no-go. You're taking a woman out, not negotiating the price of a used car.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:32:17 AM PST
Forever R. says:
Times have changed and the economy is down, we have to reevaluate everything we do. That why i asked the question about paying the bill, once upon a time a woman paying on a date was unthinkable but times have changed!

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 10:39:27 AM PST
FOGE says:
This may be a better second date but one of my favorite dates is to cook for the girl. She will appreciate the effort, even if you have to order pizza ;) I also try and make a theme. Girls love that. One example was a Caribbean jerk chicken sandwich I marinate, with yellow rice and black beans. I serve either Red Stripe or some kind of rum drink.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:40:54 AM PST
Forever R. says:
Yea, i would do that if thing are getting serious or i really like the girl!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:40:57 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
And a little Foge on the side,

giggity.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:43:29 AM PST
FOGE says:
It often comes with a healthy serving of salmon.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 10:45:56 AM PST
Joel H. says:
Fun fact guys. In a recent survey, 80% of women said that they wanted a man that made more $ than them. This is not a gender that wants to see us counting pennies. Once you're in position to make them cry and have them actually come back.. you can go dutch.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:48:59 AM PST
I agree. I think you should be prepared to eat the bill (not literally) for at least the first date. I'm sure down the line when you two are dating steadily, she would appreciate you using coupons and generally being frugal.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 10:58:26 AM PST
It really depends on what YOU'RE good at. If you're attractive and stupid than a movie is fine because she's just psyched to be with you. If you're ugly and smart, somewhere dark and quiet so she can hear you talk ;)

All joking aside though, it's true you should play to your strengths. I always take first dates to the city and always to some kind of kind of exhibit or fair (maybe a light park concert). If you live in the suburbs like I currently do, you want to make sure and make the trip because suburbs are boring and some of that boring will rub off on your date. I like the "walk and talk" date because you can talk and see what she's into. For me, if she checks her cell constantly or seems bored around culture she's done-ski.

For lunch/dinner do open air (weather permitting) and well lit. I don't like dark and romantic for first or second dates because I have no "swagger". I like to make my date feel like they want to hang around with me for the fun, but make sure they know it's not going to be a friendship thing (try and make phsyical contact without being a filthy creeper). You guys might not get f-bombed (friendship bombed) a lot, but I do and I hate it. Gotta head that @#$% off at the pass.

This isn't a one-size fit all thing. Figure yourself out first and dating will be a lot easier.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 11:25:27 AM PST
Forever R. says:
Thank You all for the advice!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:37:28 AM PST
Sex dungeon.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:39:16 AM PST
Finger says:
I think a coupon for that is ok...

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 11:41:44 AM PST
The coupon thing is not just about being cheap it is about making something that would not be a date option to be a date option. For example. In michigan on groupon right now there is a sushi making class for 2. Great date right? Well normally it would be 250, however for the price of 49. You and your lucky lady (or man if you go that way) could have somethin fun exciting and very different.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:41:59 AM PST
no movies, you can't talk during a movie.

I've had success w/ Mini Golf or shooting Pool. Its an activity that lets you talk and it gives you something to do. Its also relatively inexpensive, so if things go back its not a huge loss.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 11:44:07 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Mini golf is always a good choice.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:44:10 AM PST
Yes 100% foot the bill! haha Gotta do it the first 4 or 5 dates and then most girls like to rotate paying.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:46:48 AM PST
no coupons and any circumstances!

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 11:49:36 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 26, 2012 12:54:45 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 11:50:32 AM PST
If the weather is good, I might go with activities such as walking, miniature golf, or badminton. If it's bad, then maybe a history museum or something like that. Either way, not the normal and not too expensive. keep a cooler with some marinating beef tips or bite-sized pieces of chicken breast, mushrooms, and mild peppers and when ready to eat find a place that has something like a firepit to cook over. Even bring some marshmellows for dessert.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 11:51:11 AM PST
"I've had success w/ Mini Golf or shooting Pool. Its an activity that lets you talk and it gives you something to do. Its also relatively inexpensive, so if things go back its not a huge loss."

That's also good advice. Light games are great depending on the girl. Just make sure you're not taking her to a place packed with noisy kids or a bar crammed to the wall with drunk frat boys. What did Sun Tzu say about the victor being the one to choose the battlefield?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:51:23 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Some beef tits?

Sounds like a good night.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:54:57 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Make sure you really rub it in her face when you win. Girls like that. If she happens to beat you or catch you cheating to keep from being emasculated, get really emu and make excuses.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:58:06 AM PST
MOOOOO!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  30
Total posts:  108
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions