Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dark Souls again, lol...SPOILERS!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 822 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 4:12:24 PM PST
Peter says:
Well, I pushed Lautrec or whatever his name is off the ledge, grabbed his ring, cruised on through the Valley of Drakes to the cave on the way to Blighttown, where one badly timed and aimed roll got me killed by way of big club, lol. Gonna take a breather, then head back and try again. The big dude was slow and I really blame myself for dying that time. I just didnt quite have my chops, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 4:18:36 PM PST
Don't ever remove that ring, because if you do, it breaks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 4:20:11 PM PST
Peter says:
Cool. I'll leave it on. It's pretty nice anyway. Great tip on getting it. I practiced kicking for a little while before committing to that, lol. I also upgraded my estus flask while I was there.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 4:34:04 PM PST
Yeah, I don't have a character that I've actually removed it from. You will want to switch out rings on your other hand, but the Ring of fap is always good as in increases your health by a good margin and also buffs your endurance some which means you can go with more equipment on and keep you below your 50%.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 6:36:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2012 6:37:09 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Yeah I was just playing and I went from Capra to Anor Londo in one sitting.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 6:57:43 PM PST
Peter says:
Nice. I thought I'd go for the shield, but didnt quite make it, lol. Gonna give it another go tomorrow. I think the rest of this evening, I will be playing Persona 4 on the Vita. Still, stoked to grab that ring and upgrade the estus. It's only a matter of time before I'm ringing that second bell.
Question...the dude you save from behind a locked door just before you fight the Capra....isnt he supposed to sell spells or something? I talked to him again in Fireshrine and he was like "Glad we both made it out of there" but no spells were forthcoming.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 4:47:38 AM PST
Your INT stat must be at a certain amount to buy spells from him. I think it's only like 10 or so.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 4:48:18 AM PST
Peter says:
Yeah, my guy isnt that smart, lol. Probably why he kept falling off cliffs. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 5:07:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 5:09:04 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
You can skip Capra and The Depths completely and just go fight Queelaag. The reason that I didn't do that was because Capra threw down the gauntlet, so, naturally, I had to beat him into submission.

There's really no adverse effects to doing that except that you miss out on the Large Ember (which is actually pretty important) for forging and if you want Kirk's Armor of Thorns, the first time you fight him is in The Depths.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 5:49:23 AM PST
Unless you are a Pyro. Then, you kinda need to go into the depths.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 5:54:35 AM PST
Yeah, but going through Blighttown and Quelaag without upgrading weapons using the Ember makes that section a lot tougher then it should be. And as was said, the pyro stuff you get is really worth it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 5:58:37 AM PST
Sars says:
you also need to go to the depts to upgrade a weopon to plus 10

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 5:59:47 AM PST
Sars says:
i started a thief last night, using a daggger only. Made it all the way threw the depts.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 6:00:46 AM PST
Standard weapons.

If you get lucky and find a BKS early on you can upgrade that all the way to +5 without getting the ember. I completely skipped it my first playthrough as a strength based build.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 6:03:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 6:04:33 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
No it doesn't. 9 times out of 10 I'm sure that everyone fighting Quelaag is using the Drake Sword anyway and you can't upgrade that without a Dragon Scale and 10k souls and the first Dragon Scale is right next to the bonfire at Quelaag.

@Daft, what Pyro stuff is in The Depths?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 6:06:16 AM PST
Sars says:
that is true but most people on there first time through are going to want to experiment with different weopons.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 6:06:26 AM PST
The pyromancer trainer

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 6:09:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 6:21:54 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
The guy you rescue from the locked door or the chick outside of Quelaag?

EDIT: Nvm, the guy in the barrel. I guess if you were going Pyro then you would need to beat Capra to save him.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 6:09:59 AM PST
if your talking about the girl before Quelaag, doesn't she have the most powerful Pyro spells taught to players?

I can't remember, i never learned any Pyro spells as I was a Defensive Knight Tank... thingy.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 6:10:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 6:11:17 AM PST
Sars says:
I do hate that sometimes when you summon someone now they are super over powered. I was trying to figure out what build i wanted to do next and i started a sourcerer and i summoned someone for quelog and he 2 shooted her with magic. I was like well that was boring.

I got bored with that so i started a thief for a dagger only playthrough, and i summoned 2 people for the gargoyles last night and they were just like me with starting gear. we still kicked there ass but atleast it was fun. both gargoyles were on the roof for like 20 seconds.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 6:13:31 AM PST
The guy that's in the barrel off to the side of the butcher.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 6:15:04 AM PST
If you're on PS3 you'll run into bottomless box glitchers most of the time.

I prefer to play on PC now because you rarely run into super overpowered players for your level there.

And the visuals are 10x better... but yeah...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 6:15:30 AM PST
Chris... says:
Yes that witch lady in Blightown can upgrade your pyro glove to +15 and then ascend it to the chaos pyro glove.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 6:22:33 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
You can still get to her though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 6:26:55 AM PST
True, Perhaps I'm thinking on someone else who was at the base of blighttown, in the swamp area near a column somewhere. She isn't always there.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  822
Initial post:  Dec 9, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions