Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: The Walking Dead Discussion (TV show only, NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 11:30:07 AM PDT
user22 says:
That's still a possible theory, but with Shane dead now there is no way they can come to that realization since he was alone on the bus. Besides, it doesn't explain Randall's infection.

It's becoming pretty clear that everyone is a potential walker with death being the cause.

@DDustiNN, the guy in season 1 got sick because he was only injured(scratched? I don't recall), he hadn't died yet. The wound was obviously infected though, so he would have died and turned eventually. As for the two guys in the bar, I believe Rick finished them with shots to the head, so they didn't have a chance to turn.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 11:31:36 AM PDT
DukeNole says:
yeah, i'm pretty sure everyone is infected. the virus/disease/whatever it is doesn't "take affect" until you die, though. as for the guys who rick shot in the bar, i don't recall if he shot them in the head or not, which would make a difference.

i have to say, this show needed something "big" to happen to shake things up again, and they knocked it out of the park last night. can't wait for the season finale next week.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 11:31:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2012 11:34:18 AM PDT
M. Squires says:
It does make sense if the virus was airborne, but I don't understand why they wouldn't develop it until they die. On a side note, they're constantly stabbing zombies at close range and getting blood splatter all over then, as well as touching the corpses. Basically, they just have complete disregard for contamination. IF it really is a virus, I have to imagine they all would have been infected by now.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 11:33:07 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:27:37 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 11:34:02 AM PDT
user22 says:
You couldn't watch the opening of the encore presentation after Comic Book Men?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 11:35:23 AM PDT
Kirksnowsion says:
I was busy then unfortunately. Going to look for it online somewhere in the shady corners of the Internet.

Oh, and this was discussed earlier in the thread, but Talking Dead comes on 3 hours after Walking Dead premieres, hence it does not get watched. Ha.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 11:38:08 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
FYI...The title alone has a double meaning. "The Walking Dead" just isn't referencing the zombies. It also means they (the survivors) are the walking dead.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 11:38:57 AM PDT
user22 says:
I'm thinking the "virus" is activated once the heart stops. Maybe the circulation of the heart while you're alive is what keeps it from setting in.

Contamination probably hasn't mattered this whole time since everyone is already "infected."

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 11:39:35 AM PDT
Kirksnowsion says:
Ooooooh. I feel dumb now.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 11:41:48 AM PDT
user22 says:
Yeah, that sucks huh. However, I caught the first 15 minutes of Talking Dead before I went to bed and Chris Hardwick announced that next week's Talking Dead will air immediately following the show.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 11:43:38 AM PDT
Kirksnowsion says:
Oh, awesome! I'll actually finally check it out.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 11:43:48 AM PDT
M. Squires says:
But other people just got bit and became Walkers without dying. Or maybe the virus kills some people, and that's why their former accomplice got really sick and died before becoming a walker...I assume, they never showed him die.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 11:43:56 AM PDT
JO MOMMA says:
I know the fat guy got 3 shots to the chest and then he walked up to him for another shot but they camera didnt show were the shot was.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 11:44:33 AM PDT
Os Money says:
im thinking the bites/scratches might just give you a fever and thats what kills the people (if they arent outright killed) and when they die the "auto zombie" mode kicks in. Like everyones effected but it lays dormant until you die (white blood cells or something?)

also i liked shane cause he made everything so intense and not like *har-hee-har were ok on this farm, life is good! har-hee-har*.

Im sure since lori got all emotional with shane, shes suddenly gonna be all mad n crap because what rick did. WATCH, I BET YOU IT WILL HAPPEN.

my favorite character has got to be daryl, he'll prob be the only one that understands whats going on. Think he figured it out in the woods, glen seems clueless.

and the real question now that the imminent doom of the zombie attack is upon us......who gets it first? and how many...

Im thinking Herschel and perhaps carol.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 11:48:01 AM PDT
M. Squires says:
I could care less if they kill Herschel or any of the other people from the farm. If you hadn't noticed, the black guy hasn't had much screen time either so he's probably expendable. In addition, if Rick's wife or kid got killed, I wouldn't shed a tear. Actually, one of the only characters I didn't want to see die was Shane, but they villainized him so bad that it was inevitable. I still thought they'd milk the conflict for another season or two, but that's the beauty of this show. They'll kill off main characters or have something drastic happen when you're not expecting it.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 11:50:04 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
I can't recommend this enough. Issue 1 - 48 all in one...

The Walking Dead: Compendium One

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 11:51:48 AM PDT
M. Squires says:
I"ve been trying to read some of the comics on my Kindle Fire, but the screen makes the fonts pretty small so it's a bit challenging to read. I think it would be much better on an IPAD, but the wife vetoed the IPAD price tag.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 11:55:11 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
Compendium One is much cheaper than the iPad and it will take you waaaaaaaaaay past the farm haha.

I just hate what the show did to some of the characters. T-dog is one of my favs in the comic. Show...he's just in the background when he's not whining. Totally ruined his character.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 11:58:18 AM PDT
M. Squires says:
I don't even know who T-dog is, so you may be right. I just prefer digital reading to books, so I'll wait for something cheaper to surface.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 11:59:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2012 12:00:04 PM PDT
Kin-foot says:
The "black guy" is T-dog lol. He reminds me of Cole from Gears in the comic. More real world but still just as cool

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 11:59:25 AM PDT
user22 says:
The bite becomes infected and causes death. Just like in real life if you were to get bit by an animal and left it untreated. The wound would become infected, the infection would then enter your bloodstream, circulate to the heart, causing heart failure and death.

[my theory] Bite/scratch causes infection > infection causes heart failure > death > the walker virus that everyone has in them activates and reanimates the brain. [/my theory]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 12:02:33 PM PDT
Ice King says:
It's probably been that way from the beginning of the outbreak, they just never had the chance to find out.
It actually makes the zombie virus even more dangerous. If it was just a bite you could secure an area and as long as you maintained your wall you'd be safe.
With everyone becoming a zombie when they die, if someone happens to die of natural causes and no one is around there's going to be a surprise zombie wandering the safe zone that no one will know about.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 12:03:42 PM PDT
Kirksnowsion says:
Quarantined seclusion is the only perfectly safe option beyond a cure.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 12:04:37 PM PDT
M. Squires says:
They'd better kill all of the old people now if they've already got the "Walker HIV." Don't need any surprise Walkers waking up next to you.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 12:05:49 PM PDT
Ice King says:
I know, the amount of times that kid is able to just wander off with no one watching is amazing. Rick and Lori really need to how to watch their kids a little better. When their baby starts walking it's going to be even worse if it wanders away.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  148
Total posts:  2488
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2012
Latest post:  16 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions