Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Dexter (Season 7 spoilers)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 91 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 11, 2012 6:07:55 AM PST
Prankster says:
Well, it's time to talk about this fantastic show again and we are just one episode away from the finale now.

I thought Sunday's episode was absolutely terrific. This whole season has maintained a lot of consistency and it's lead to this terrific build up to the end. I have loved the pacing of the story arc where LaGuerta is tracking Dexter and her attempt to set him was pretty fantastic. I didn't suspect that he was being set up at all but it real good thinking.

At the beginning it seemed Isaac would be the main antagonist in the season and then suddenly Hannah and Dexter took centre stage and by the 6th-7th episode, I started getting that feeling of too many cooks. However, they wrapped up Isaac much before and I am glad they did because that was leading to nowhere after a certain point of time.

The part which I am most excited about now is Hannah's though. I do not think she poisoned Debra (who must have set her up) and it will interesting what kind of an end they give the season in that aspect. I have grown to dislike Debra's character as the months passed but then that's a good thing because that was probably the effect they were going for too.

Anyone else enjoying the season as much as I?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 6:16:48 AM PST
Ice King says:
This season has been great. I thought it was a bit foolish of Dexter to rush out to kill the guy who killed his mother though. Even if Laguerta wasn't setting him up, he'd still be a suspect when the guy disappeared immediately.
Then again, this show exists in a different reality where someone can sneak around an airport, knock someone out, and kill them without even being seen.

That's part of what I love about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 6:21:36 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:40 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 6:23:30 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I've been away from Dexter since the end of season 5. I still have to see seasons 6 and 7. I heard that there is only going to be 1 or 2 more seasons.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 6:24:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2012 6:25:45 AM PST
Meth Panther says:
This season is so much better than the last one. I thought the show was done for, but they have improved.

I actually wanted Isaac to live for a while longer, he was a great character...

EDIT: I think Debra poisoned herself. She did say she'd do "anything" to protect Dexter from Hanna.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 6:26:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2012 6:26:39 AM PST
Ice King says:
Next year will be the last.
In my opinion season 6 was the weakest one yet (still good, just not as good as the rest) but stick with it because 7 is amazing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 6:27:33 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I'll wait until after this last episode, then I'll watch both seasons, probably in one long weekend run.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 6:32:23 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 6:35:05 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 6:37:53 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I already know what it is.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 6:41:39 AM PST
spidernnky says:
Did you see Doakes is back in the next episode? I want to see how that will be explained! I also believe Debra poisoned herself. I actually really like Hanna. I am rooting for her to continue onto season 8.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 6:42:13 AM PST
Meth Panther says:
It will probably be a flashback, or similar to when Dexter talks to his dead Dad.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 6:45:07 AM PST

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 6:47:17 AM PST
spidernnky says:
it was on the preview during the credits who does not watch those:)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 6:47:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2012 6:49:58 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
" I think Debra poisoned herself. She did say she'd do "anything" to protect Dexter from Hanna."

Yep. Exactly my thought on the matter. She's setting up Hanna in hopes that Dexter would turn on her, as he did. I'm just curious to see how Dexter will react to that news when he finds out. I still like Deb's character, though.

And, yeah, I figured Dexter was being set up with that one guy. I thought he'd figure it out before he did! But it made for a much more tense moment the way it went down.

Man, DDustiNN, I know you don't watch the previews for the next week, so I won't say anything, but the finale looks CRAZY. Can't wait for it. Been a fantastic season. In terms of quality, I'd probably put it just up there with season four, just behind the first couple seasons.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 6:48:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2012 6:49:32 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Yeah, that was just a flashback to the second season, I think.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 6:48:29 AM PST
Hey, can someone explain to me what happened in the final minutes of the show from this past weekend? My satellite went out due to really rainy weather and it totally cut out. Didn't even DVR it successfully. It cut out right when Dexter was on the docks running from the cops. If you can pick up from there, that would be great.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 6:48:40 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
DDustiNN.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 6:51:49 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 6:52:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2012 6:52:50 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
It's about the journey, not the destination. Plus, being told something and having a preconceived notion of it and then seeing it actually play out is radically different usually.

They just had a story in the news about some people who will read the last few pages of a book first then read the entire book because they said that it made the story more enjoyable.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 6:55:37 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
They never feel like spoilers to me, fortunately. Just a little tease to whet the appetite. Just a dangling piece of bait to get me even more amped about the next week.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 6:57:27 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 6:59:32 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 7:00:17 AM PST
Meth Panther says:
That was kind of a risky move for Dexter considering what Hannah knows about him.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 7:02:06 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
That had me wondering about something - the fact that Dexter kept the pen. Why would he do that? You could suggest it was for safe keeping, but he could easily dismantle and dispose of it. Perhaps he kept it because he still didn't 100% trust her?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  91
Initial post:  Dec 11, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions