Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Well, today is the day. Finally after all this time, everyone can go out and do their civic duty that is their right.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 139 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2012 3:12:00 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Or, the 18-24 demographic will just play Halo 4.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 3:23:29 AM PST
Rons Mkay says:
Vote on your way to pick it up if you didn't do the midnight release!

I early voted so it wouldn't interfere, but I'm sure there are plenty who didn't intentionally schedule their lives that way. And yes, I suggested voting was a simple interference with my gaming, so what.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 3:27:37 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Hehehe... You said Doodie.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 3:33:14 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
I'm doing both. :D

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 4:39:10 AM PST
Solid Sponge says:
I'm going to play Halo 4, voting can wait until tomorrow! :P

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 4:41:14 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I'm voting 343i.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:57:02 AM PST
I know the 18-24 demographic will vote in my state, but that's only because pot is on the ballot measures.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:13:25 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
You voting for or against it?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:17:38 AM PST
For it. I'll probably never make use of it but I find the prohibition of pot to be messed up on many levels.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:30:11 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Ditto. I can't stand the way that crap smells, but I don't think it's any more harmful than cigarettes or alcohol, and could do a lot of good if we legalized in terms of jobs and just keeping people from going to prison on pot charges. Think of the savings!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:38:58 AM PST
It's not so much that it bothers me than that I just don't have the time to be high for hours like I once did.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 6:48:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 6:49:10 AM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
It does not contain the carcinogenic properties that tobacco does (cancer causing agents). It is not as habit forming as tobacco (which is on a level close to heroin) - physical addiction. Pot is a physiological addiction - you get addicted to the routine. It is a boredom cure.

I quit a while (couple years now) back for many reasons, and am glad of it.

Any legalized medicinal system just gets abused. Some people could and can handle its use. Others, not so much. It still effects motivation - bigtime. No way around it I don't care what anyone says. It can and will kill motivation to a very large extent. Some people dig it - fine, free country.

Some people could and do handle it responsibly. (Legalization - or just regular use). The masses - I think would eff it up. Be stupid about it.

That's just my two cents...on that...

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:36:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 7:37:03 AM PST
Buckin' Bronco Bama.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:46:23 AM PST
Massachusetts. Always the progressive state.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:47:55 AM PST
I really don't think there are a large number of people who would start smoking pot if it were legalized. Most people who want to smoke pot probably do already.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:49:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 7:49:24 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
You flubbed the numbers on your demographic Fox. I think you meant to put 11-15. It's ok, you're only human.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:49:55 AM PST
FOGE says:
One of the few freedoms we truly have. Whatever your stance, everyone should vote. I ll do it on my way to the... Earmuffs PACINO!!... girlfriends place. Shes cooking venison tonight :)

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:50:46 AM PST
R. Typo says:
Voting.

''It makes a difference.''

Ha.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:51:24 AM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
Agreed.

I feel like over time though, in a legalized system some people who may not have been previously exposed, would be. It's hard to say - it could go either way, but from own experiences I don't think it's the best idea. Some of my friends vehemently argue the opposite, but, I know that not everyone would benefit from it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:52:01 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Gerald Ford: Frankly, I've never felt voting to be all that essential to the process.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:52:02 AM PST
It really all depends, if a large population went from being sober to smoking pot I don't think it would be a good thing. However if people shifted from drinking to smoking it would actually be good for society.

Also let's not kid ourselves. Inhaling smoke on a regular basis is not good for you, doesn't matter what you're burning.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:52:07 AM PST
voting is the biggest air ball of all time.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:52:56 AM PST
Kevin Beirne says:
The new South Park Wednesday is called, "Obama Wins". I am intrigued...

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 7:53:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 7:57:01 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Voted.

They announced there are two precints here get in the right line, one line is for A precinct the other line is for B precinct here's the map if you aren't sure. The queue was all confused as they all stared at the map to see what precenct they were in (I already knew before I arrived cuz I am edumakated) I waited a minute for those in front of me could figure it out and get in the right line but they were still staring at the map like zombies so I wrent to the right line and saved 30-45 minutes. Thanks BarakAZombies for the cuts.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:53:30 AM PST
I'm a fan of living here. It is definitely interesting to see the whole country freak out about health care while it's just business as usual over here.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  139
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions