Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Jana Kramer All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage UnchartedBundle Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Amazon User Reviews are funny.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2012 2:32:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 2:35:13 PM PST
Lucanus says:
I love this guy. Great stuff, he should write for IGN. I have no idea why, but I spend chuncks of my day reading crazy Amazon user reviews. Anybody else amused by this kind of stuff? :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 2:38:55 PM PST
Hey says:
I personally prefer the angry comments on four year old anonymous reviews. Those are hilarious.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 2:40:51 PM PST
His review of COD MW3:

"This game OMG it is so awesome it is a masterpiece almost as if leonardo da Vinci came down from the heavens and made this game himself.Everything in this game is perfect the mp,all of the sweet guns,the graphics,everything."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 3:27:29 PM PST
My favorite reviews are of the police and airport checkpoint toys, from Playskool.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 3:51:29 PM PST
1#Fetish says:
Resident evil 6:

Gears clone.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 4:46:35 PM PST
Anthony says:
judging by the first 2 games, i was going to say it looks like you found flores's alt. but he gave Halo 4 5 stars. no way in hell that was flores.

unless he did it to throw us off the trail...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:37:31 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
Isn't this the same person that wrote a really bad and racist review and posted it here last week or earlier this week?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:59:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 9:03:01 PM PST
I think this is the guy who started a thread saying JRPG's will cease to exist and he was throwing in the towel when it came to console gaming.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 5:49:16 AM PST
Lucanus says:
My favorite was :

"Graphics are insane(Ever play Crysis 2 on the PC with ubersampling enabled?That is pretty much what this game is capable of.)

60 FPS-There a few times where im sure the game jumped to 70FPS but I can't be too sure of this one yet more testing is needed."

What the heck is ubersampling? And I am guessing Halo 4 in fact never jumps to 70 fps. I love this guy, I hope he starts posting here more often. Who doesn't love a good laugh. Happy holidays. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:56:26 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Have you read this person's review about Link to the Past? I think it's great

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:59:04 AM PST
Lucanus says:
LOL, very nice. I need to find that Pikmin review over at Gamestop, the guy complained about gardening games being stupid. Thanks for the link. :)

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 6:07:55 AM PST
It looks like you found McClane's alt.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 6:12:04 AM PST
I have to say that reviews for binders got a whole lot better after this election season.

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 6:31:50 PM PDT
hancock says:
3 of 129 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars It's like Alex Rodriguez Actually Took Even More Steroids-That's How Jacked This Game Is!, April 1, 2014
Gilby Mitnick III Jr. (Mom's Basement) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MLB 14: The Show (Video Game)
Eses, if you really want to feel what it's like to be so full of roids that you're basically depressing your PS3 buttons right through the body of the controller, then play MLB 14, homes! You've never felt so powerfully jacked with any other baseball simulator before-I guarantee it, miha. Eat yer heart out A-Rod.

Even the Big Show can't compete with MLB 14: The Show because it's that breathtaking. Get this: You can actually press down the X button, and your Alex Rodriguez character will take a swing...on the batting circle!! Effin realistic, ese!! Press down the circle button, and A-Rod will actually, get this, smack the behind of another MLB player in order to "congratulate" him for chewing tobacco and spitting it on the astro turf. So darn breathtaking, miha! If you want to feel what it's like to cork your bat and bet on baseball, then play MBL 14 today, homes.

It's not every day that a game as exceptionally so-so as this rolls along, ese, so buy this game from Amazon immediately. Yes, the Obama administration may have totally failed to reach the six million mark for legitimate Obamacare sign-ups (because hardly anyone who signed up actually paid the required premiums), but who cares? You should only care about A-Rod and roids, miha!

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 6:34:01 PM PDT
Stop feeding the trolls.

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 10:51:39 PM PDT
Peter says:
Those are all pretty good. There is a subset of reviewers that only do joke reviews, or at least dabble in them. Even George Takei can be counted as part of that group, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2014 10:52:03 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2014 10:58:45 PM PDT
Peter says:
The best ones only review fake products so as to not impact the actual ratings at all.

For example:

Zenith Men's 96.0529.4035/51.M Defy Xtreme Tourbillon Titanium Chronograph Watch

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2014 12:11:42 AM PDT
And the first one review is a ton of spoilers for TLoU. AWESOME.

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 1:56:50 AM PDT
Condom reviews always produce a giggle.

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 2:06:23 AM PDT
A few years ago, Playmobil had security and police checkpoint toys. Those reviews were off the charts.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2014 2:18:18 AM PDT
Matthew says:
I think your on to something

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 7:00:38 AM PDT
Playmobil Security Check Point
Toys (175)

See all buying options

Add to Wish List
New & used (4) from $380.00

Sell on Amazon
About this item
The woman traveler stops by the security checkpoint. After placing her luggage on the screening machine, the airport employee checks her baggage. The traveler hands her spare change and watch to the ...
Features & details
Release date:September 8, 2006Our Recommended age:4 - 7 yearsMfg Recommended age:4 year and upItem model number:36138Shipping Weight:1.41 pounds

Customer reviews
175 reviews
3.0 out of 5
Most helpful reviews
I was a little disappointed when I first bought this item, because the functionality is limited. My 5 year old son pointed out that the passenger's shoes cannot be removed. ...
- loosenut
This toy would be a lot more realistic with about 350 people standing in line for an average of an hour. It still makes a nice set with the interrogation room.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Weekend Wrap Up and Weekly Gaming 10/5 - 10/9 103 12 minutes ago
New gameplay for Xbox One exclusive Quantum Break 6 24 minutes ago
PS4 will drop to $350 on October 9th 132 25 minutes ago
The PS4 universal remote hits stores later this month 24 1 hour ago
OT: 2015 MLB Postseason 9 1 hour ago
Official VGF Battlefront 3 Beta Impressions Thread 17 1 hour ago
Since I found a work around for paying $40 for the taken king dlc I can give my opinion for it 0 1 hour ago
Would you be ok with the price of AAA games going up to $80... 133 2 hours ago
Destiny PS4 VGF Clan v3.0 5310 2 hours ago
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel "Lionheart Edition" announced *PS Vita 63 2 hours ago
Metal Gear Solid V - Discussion Thread 844 3 hours ago
Looks like Amazon has already lowered the prices on PS4 1 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 3, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions