Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Is it just me or has Dead Space not aged well?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2012 6:31:56 AM PST
Kendahl says:
Have had Dead Space for three years. I played it for a bit when I first got it but it freaked me out so much I put it aside. Last night I decided I'd go back to it. I know there are still great elements in the game, but man does Isaac look awkward when he walks. The third person view seems aged. I had a hard time controlling him and don't remember that being a problem back when it was first released. This may be one I never finish...

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 6:35:33 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
It's just you, Dead Space is still great.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 6:37:33 AM PST
Voice of god says:
"This game is in third person, and I'm bad at it. Therefore, the game is deeply flawed."

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 6:40:09 AM PST
Junkiiiii says:
Yeah, definitely you. I mean you're entitled to your opinion but my first playthrugh was when the game first came out years ago. I just finished it again about two weeks ago and saw absolutely nothing wrong with it. It looks great, plays great and it was still scary except a little less so since I kind of remembered what was going to happen.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 6:40:16 AM PST
I'm playing through it currently and I think its great.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 6:40:56 AM PST
Kendahl says:
I never said it was flawed. Isaac walks like he has a stick up his butt or something. It doesn't control smoothly like games that are released today... Oskar's opinion that it's still a great game makes me want to keep trying, hoping to get used to what I find to be awkward controls but saying I suck at third person is a pointless insult.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:42:32 AM PST
Kendahl says:
Thanks Junkiii...this is the type of input I was hoping to get. I will keep playing because I do find it an engaging, and downright frightful, game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:43:47 AM PST
Mel says:
you're ignorant, it's aged fantastically

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:44:03 AM PST
Voice of god says:
Saying that Dead Space isn't a good game because it's not a FPS is a pointless insult.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:46:37 AM PST
Junkiiiii says:
NP. Isaac has actually walked a bit strange since day one. This is just a gameplay mechanic you get used to. It's like his boots are really heavy and he has to work at walking.

At least that's the way it works for me in my mind.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:50:36 AM PST
Except that he didn't say that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:52:07 AM PST
It's just one of the things about the series. He walks hunched over. It's uncomfortable just to look at. That doesn't have anything to do with the age of the game, but rather with how it controls. He also turns agonizingly slowly.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 6:53:34 AM PST
I played through the whole game on and around Halloween, and I thought it was great. I never had actually beaten it before... now I'm looking forward to the second.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:54:42 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
He is an engineer, that is how they walk.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 6:56:08 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I think it's aged quite well. I feel as though they cleaned up his walking and movement in Dead Space 2, but the first is still great in terms of gameplay, or in overall polish.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:59:06 AM PST
I played the first last year, and just got the second about a month ago. It is just as excellent.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:59:08 AM PST
JWK says:
"The third person view seems aged."

Please don't tell me you think anything that's not first person to be "flawed." Third person shooters > First person shooters

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:59:29 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
You spelled ignant wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:59:51 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Best comeback ever!

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:09:37 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I actually started up my play through on Dead Space 2 on Hardcore mode. Some parts have you sweating because if you die, it's back to the very beginning on the game. I made it all the way to Chapter 4 before I used one of my three saves... right before I walk into the church.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:16:28 AM PST
Kendahl says:
There are actually several third person games I like, including the Assassin's Creed series. Deus Ex is another I can think of off the top of my head.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:18:20 AM PST
Voice of god says:
"One of my favorite third person games is 85% first person."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:19:41 AM PST
R. Typo says:
Don't get too bent over about the vgf playground mob insults, any interesting, or differing opinion is met with jeers formed by several years of overcompensation for serious insecurities.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:19:57 AM PST
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is only third-person while in cover, though.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:31:38 AM PST
new Tron says:
If you've played a Resident Evil game before (namely 4 and 5), Dead Space controls actually feel modern and fluid in comparison.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions