Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Question about Wii to Wii U data transfers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 18, 2012 1:23:24 PM PST
S. Brown says:
Has anyone transferred data from their Wii to their WiiU consoles, yet? Seems like a major pain. After transferring the data, is the Wii essentially wiped clean? I was hoping to keep my game saves on both the WiiU and Wii.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 1:35:05 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:59 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 1:42:08 PM PST
S. Brown says:
The data transfer copies all of your purchases from the Virtual Console, as well as game saves to the Wii U. Since I'll be playing this more, I'd like games like Super Mario World transferred to my new system. Obviously the copyrighted material can't stay on both systems, but I was hoping that the non-copyrighted material could stay. I'm just going to back up the game files I want on an SD card just in case it wipes the old Wii completely.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 1:43:28 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:59 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 1:45:21 PM PST
Only non-online enabled Wii game saves can be moved to another Wii without hacking the Wii. Maybe the data transfer option can move those too. But maybe they mean they can transfer VC games and stuff too. That isn't normally possible. I don't have my Wii U yet, it's still in the BestBuy.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 2:14:46 PM PST
S. Brown says:
For anyone else that has this question, the save data is indeed erased from the original Wii. It is much, much more difficult to transfer data with Nintendo. I've never had a problem with Xbox or PS3. Hopefully they clean this up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 2:46:45 PM PST
They won't. They like having you only have stuff on one console. I'm just going to do a NAND backup and restore, another benefit of a modded wii.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions