Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

So, is the Wii U impossible to find in stores today?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 110 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 20, 2012 8:13:09 PM PST
M. Lewis says:
How long preorders are held depends on the store. Many stores are up to 2 weeks. Gamestop is 2 days.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 7:33:23 PM PST
Susan_G says:
Someone asked how long stores were holding pre-ordered consoles - we were told Target wouldn't release unclaimed pre-orders until Sunday morning. As of today, though, all of them had been claimed anyway, and a second shipment had arrived. They expect more this week.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 7:31:59 PM PST
Susan_G says:
We called Target this afternoon and they'd just gotten more in stock - I think we may have gotten the last one this evening when we went. While we were there, someone was on the phone with the cashier asking for one, and she was unable to locate one in the store.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 6:55:04 PM PST
Ed Jones says:
GameStop has started calling people who were on the waiting list. I know because I missed their call while sleeping. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 5:29:00 PM PST
M. Lewis says:
"Wait a second .. kinda offtopic but.
The WiiU is NOT multi-voltage, that means whenever you go outside the US with the thing you'll need a 220v transformer both for the console AND for the Gamepad?"

Or just one and a power strip.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 3:51:29 PM PST
So import the proper 220V adapter too. What's the problem?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 3:50:20 PM PST
Those won't play any of the games I want. The Wii U is the only next gen system in my eyes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 3:49:47 PM PST
If you are leaving the country, you don't really need your Wii U. That's what I'm gonna do, finally go to Europe, but just play Wii U in the hotel the whole time. Puh lease.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:27:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 11:40:10 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
It's super easy to carry the Wii around from town to town, considering how small and light it is. The WiiU is not much bigger and in my eyes has a good form factor for travel cases :D
I don't know why Sony decided to give the PS3 a multi-voltage feature if this was such a stretch of the imagination. Think about the people that buy consoles in USA because they're cheaper than in their countries.

to Punk:
Remember I'm not from USA, I live in a country that uses 220v, but I always import my stuff. The PS3 is a very convenient thing just because of the multi-voltage feature.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:34:48 AM PST
How many people is this going to inconvenience? 4?

What else didn't they include with the WiiU? Waterproofing kit in case you decide to play it in the pool?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:30:14 AM PST
"everRed says:
Wait a second .. kinda offtopic but.
The WiiU is NOT multi-voltage, that means whenever you go outside the US with the thing you'll need a 220v transformer both for the console AND for the Gamepad?

Jesus Christ Nintendo."

Now THIS is a good stretch for something to complain about. Will you be traveling to other countries with you WiiU any time soon?

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 9:59:18 AM PST
NCGuy says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 9:44:31 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
Wait a second .. kinda offtopic but.
The WiiU is NOT multi-voltage, that means whenever you go outside the US with the thing you'll need a 220v transformer both for the console AND for the Gamepad?

Jesus Christ Nintendo.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 9:12:41 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
95% of the people who bought this are trying to flip it.

End of story.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 9:12:16 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Or they are trying to sell it on craigslist before they pick it up.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 9:10:36 AM PST
Clearly a bunch of people pre-ordered it and figured "hey, maybe if I have the cash" but then just say forget it and do not cancel their pre-order.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 9:04:10 AM PST
Bionix01 says:
I got two of the deluxe set. I had one pre ordered and then at the store i was at they had an extra so i figured i'd buy it. Either hopefully pay for mine if it is a hot item at christmas or if not sell it to my buddy who didnt pre order. Wasn't planning on flipping but since it was there i figured why not

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 9:03:44 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Of the 12 Targets in my area or so, 50% of them all have them in Stock.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 8:57:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 8:57:14 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Just like when the first Wii released.

Goodness that sucked.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 8:48:13 AM PST
I wonder how long they keep pre-orders in the back before they put them back out on the shelves. Last night my wife and I called everywhere looking for a Wii U deluxe and found only one store that had them. The Best Buy assured us it was the deluxe addition as I wanted to make sure if I was driving 45 minutes to get there. We get there and the gentleman in the video games sections apologized to me and told me they do have two but they are pre-orders that had not been picked up yet. I was completely pissed off!

All the Walmarts we called were the same as well, saying that they had numerous systems pre-ordered but were not picked up and to call back every day because they will begin to put them back on the shelves.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 8:04:25 AM PST
targets in seattle area has 'em

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 12:17:49 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
$300 - $350 is better.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:03:35 PM PST
I ain't no INJUN, ain't scalpin' nobody...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:28:49 PM PST
That's only worth maybe 399.99, you are overcharging $100, I call that scalping.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 8:43:54 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:04 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  58
Total posts:  110
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions