Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Why do playstation fanboys try to act like games on PS+ are free?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 74 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:58:49 PM PST
I. Flores says:
That's another crappy move by MS. Putting sales behind the paywall. At least PS+ sales are discounts ON TOP of discounts available to non-plus members.
"Silver" Live members usually get the shaft.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:00:32 PM PST
Way to not answer the question, Flores.

Is PS+ can be worth it in terms of savings in a year, so can Live.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:01:11 PM PST
But that isn't what the argument is about. It has nothing to do with multiplayer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:02:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 7:03:58 PM PST
I. Flores says:
Putting game discounts behind a paywall to justify yourself on getting your money back from a "premium" service comprised mostly of things that should be free in the first place....

What's not to love?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:10:21 PM PST
You don't think paying $60 for something to get $90 back is a good idea? Okay.

What about with PS+? You're paying more to get a bigger discount, but that's okay, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:22:54 PM PST
I dock you a point for actually trying to answer him.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:25:08 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
Yup.

It's just flat-out easier to SAY it's "free", rather than saying "X game is available at no additional cost to you but you have to keep subscribing."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:26:50 PM PST
FOGE says:
Yeah, I thought we settled on "free" with the quotation marks for Plus.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 7:54:20 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Thought I would share this bit of nonsense that no one will care about, but I will anyway because I can:

I believe that this is the 4th troll thread or so today. Then once these troll threads begin, the likes of Dougie and Flores get their panties all twisted in a bunch, crying that the PS3 is the greatest as they listen to Fall Out Boy putting on mascara. Greg, the new PS3 troll then whines about the so called Xbots and how they rule the VGF. M and McClane have had maybe two cogent comments in the 18 months or so that I have blessed everyone with my presence here. That is combined. I swear, they are either the greatest trolls in the world or they some severe mental issues.

Let's talk about something that really is really important: I had Wendy's for dinner. Kind of disappointing, as they had just gotten rid of their new Baconator today, and the so-called new Hot and Juicy tasted like their old burgers, decent but not spectacular. Still, I got my fast food fix.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 7:58:53 PM PST
I had Wendy's also. I had one of the Mozzarella Chicken Supreme's. It was alright, I honestly wouldn't buy another one though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 8:22:00 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
I wonder if Greg is the same guy as a PS3 troll that used to post here named NYC Greg. He got banned because he posted he was going to dress up as a bum and stab someone. He also had convoluted logic and posted things that contradicted his own point, just like this new Greg does.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 8:25:30 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
I thought it was *at no additional cost.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 8:27:40 PM PST
It's funny seeing Greg get all bent out of shape when someone says something slightly negative about the PS3.

Anyway, Wendy's got rid of the Baconator? Damn, there were like 3 or 4 commercials devoted to that. I'm about have some pizza myself.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 8:36:57 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 20, 2012 8:58:19 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 8:41:26 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
Why do Nintendo fanboys try to act like graphics don't matter?

Human nature can be hard to understand.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 8:48:43 PM PST
Why do you prioritize graphics over gameplay?

Human nature can be hard to understand.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 9:08:07 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Yeah, the one did where I live. They have the regular Baconator but not the mushroom one. I was kind of bitter. I should have gotten a regular Baconator. Wendy's seems to be hit and miss like Jack in the Box. Burger King was right there and they have not been too bad as of late.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 9:13:07 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
I seriously hope you're just trolling. You'll be missing out on many, many fantastic games if all you look for is graphics.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 9:44:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 9:49:39 PM PST
saskamazon says:
my discount savings are enough to offset the membership fees .... I'm not sure why folks repeatedly debate this "rental" topic .... who cares, if you think it's a service that will be of benefit, subscribe, if not - save the fees .... what difference does it make if the games are free & available with active subscription ? or better termed rentals ? good grief - get off the keyboard & play something ... my "rentals" offer a wide variety of choice .... lol

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 9:47:19 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
Amazon deleted my post even though all I did is quote Greg's posts and say he linked a video that disproved his own points. I guess it's time for random deletion of posts for no apparent reason again.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 9:48:14 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 20, 2012 10:04:13 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:27:02 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
I just got a little sad inside when I started seeing gameplay video of the Wii U. What can I say? I'm not a graphics whore, but I was looking forward to at least a little bit of an upgrade.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 10:33:12 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
AH HA! Success!

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 10:56:30 PM PST
WizardPlus says:
People refer to it as 'free' because they have already paid for the subscription which nets you cloud storage of 1gb, discounts and early bonuses. Also, once you hit the $50 mark of content offered, all the additional games are basically 'free'... Meaning that after I cashed in in my $50, the other 75 games I got, we're basically free.

Plus, you don't have to join. If you don't think its worth the fee, stay away from it... We don't want you in our club!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 2:20:03 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
Apparently you could get as many pieces of bacon on the baconator as you wanted and they had to do it. One guy got 33 pieces.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  74
Initial post:  Nov 20, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions