Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Sale
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Some doctor advice

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-48 of 48 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:26:03 AM PST
Pretty Lady says:
Get a lawyer if you think it is his fault. They will help you sue the guy's insurance for your healthcare coverage, their fees, and your pain and suffering. Get one where if you don't win your case, you don't have to pay. That way, if you don't win, you still get healthcare and you won't be at a loss.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:28:55 AM PST
Pretty Lady says:
You can go to the county clinic. You don't need health insurance there. I don't know if that rule applies to US citizens though. I know it applies to illegals.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 9:55:50 AM PST
You have two choices.
1-If you have medical coverage on your auto policy, put a claim through your insurance company.
2-Put a claim against his auto carrier and hire a lawyer(as a last resort).

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:17:52 AM PST
You only have one choice: become a man-ho

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:54:57 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 18, 2012 11:56:08 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 6:48:19 PM PST
I was run down in Fairborn, so quite close.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 6:53:51 PM PST
I grew up in Xenia. This is why we trash talked Fairborn!

In all seriousness though, that really sucks. I think you just have to keep hitting up the ER. Many people without health insurance use the ER as their primary care provider. It's not the best solution in the world but neither is being in pain and not getting care.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:04:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 7:25:43 PM PST
Honestly, while many may not believe me, I work in the legal profession. Criminal side though (lawyer don't hate). To be honest, most civil attorneys should have referral doctor/front medical fees for you. Of course, it depends on the amount of possible pay out. So, a potential avenue would be check around with other attorneys.

Alternatively, you may want to see if you have to see a doctor as opposed to say a chiropractor, nurse practioner etc. Sometimes, in these types of situations, other pseudo medical personal are capable of helping you sustain your claim. Good luck man.

Edit: Make sure the other types of medical professionals or ok with the lawyer you have prior to going.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:53:27 PM PST
I'm moving to center ville so I'm safe, but my wife grew up Fairborn, right now we live in Middletown and I commute to school.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:56:44 PM PST
KrisCo says:
This is why I don't cross roads.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:59:14 PM PST
Chuck Norris doesn't cross roads, he salmons them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:28:35 AM PST
jtshiel says:
You a farm girl?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:34:32 AM PST
badeggsalad says:
Ugh. Fairborn. You must go to Wright State. Let me do some asking around for you. I have a couple of friends who are nurses & social services...

Although there are a few good personal injury lawyers around here... If the main thing you're concerned about is getting medical care & you don't mind that you'll lose a good chunk of any potential settlement you might get, that might be the way to go. Otherwise, in the mean time I agree w/Clementine. Keep hitting up the ER, it's better than not getting any care at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:37:08 AM PST
badeggsalad says:
Heh. I live just a few miles from you probably. I'm on that side of town too.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:59:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 8:00:08 AM PST
badeggsalad says:
My friend who is a nurse just sent me this, it's a listing of free & sliding scale clinics.

She said also to try these places:

Good Neighbor House

Muslim Clinic of Ohio (Accepts only people w/no insurance, is free & open to all regardless of religious affiliation or preference- you don't have to be Muslim. She said this one is really good, but it's only open one day a week, so you'd better be available on Thursdays from 5-9 pm if you want to go here.)

Dayton ReachOut

She also said another possibility is the Samaritan Homeless clinic. She said she believes you don't actually have to be homeless despite the name, and they accept the following:
Accepts: Uninsured, Underinsured, Insurance, Medicare, Medicaid
Income: All income levels accepted
Fees: Sliding scale of fees based on income
Languages Spoken: English

I hope this helps. My one nurse friend does volunteer work in the health community, so I had a feeling she'd have a list of resources. She did say some of these places require you to be anywhere from 250% below the federal poverty level to at the federal poverty level, but some accept all income levels & offer sliding scales. There will be various forms you'll have to fill out & provide proof of income, or lack thereof, and I'm not sure where you fall on the spectrum, but hopefully there will be something in this list to help you.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:02:26 AM PST
badeggsalad says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:10:40 AM PST
Rockhardly says:
"I was run down in Fairborn, so quite close."

Had no idea so many VGF'ers were in Ohio - I'm just north of Cincy.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:11:37 AM PST
jtshiel says:
I'm from Berlin, OH

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:15:57 AM PST
badeggsalad says:
There's quite a few...

I hope Whizzer sees the info I posted.

I've lived here since 2003, though I'm originally from Indianapolis. I vastly prefer Indy, but it is what it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:18:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 8:19:11 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
And now you're going to join the Houston vgf tribe, with me, Garion, and JJ. The good news is that there are lots of Wii U's rotting on the shelves here.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:23:16 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 19, 2012 7:18:25 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:23:31 AM PST
John McClane says:
Step 1: Get off the VGF and go make some money.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 4:04:36 PM PST
Just about. Xenia is cornfield city. My parents were college professors though.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

  Discussion Replies Latest Post
Legends of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 13 1 minute ago
OT: Credit Card Rewards Fans, What's In Your Arsenal? 15 2 minutes ago
OT: Leading Economist Thoroughly Studied All Candidates Economic Plans And Is Endorsing Bernie Sanders 466 2 minutes ago
Destiny PS4 VGF Clan v4.0 9104 3 minutes ago
OT: Ghostbusters II - the end of the world is this weekend. 8 3 minutes ago
An Xbox One player is worth more to Ubisoft than a PlayStation 4 owner 33 7 minutes ago
OT: Who's watching/has watched Deadpool this weekend? 8 7 minutes ago
The last game that you played from a previous console generation? 23 8 minutes ago
Quantum Break No Longer Exclusive - Poor Xbone 119 9 minutes ago
Some Xbox fans are upset more people will play Quantum Break - This is a ridiculous "controversy" 46 9 minutes ago
OT: ESPN Ranks Lebron James as Third Best Player of All Time 100 11 minutes ago
will MS dump the xbox brand soon? 1 14 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  48
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions