Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

CVG looks at the Vita's first year

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-79 of 79 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 12:12:54 PM PST
Agreed. I would love to play San Andreas on Vita.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 12:14:48 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
Could just be that they assumed the successor to the PSP would also use UMD's, or a derivative of that. The PSP released in 2004 in Japan. Technology in general made HUGE leaps in data compression, transmission and in flash memory since then...but in 2003/2004 while the PSP was in development, it was a stretch to think we would be able to download 2 GB in less than an hour.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 12:17:50 PM PST
It wasn't that much of a stretch to think that broadband speeds would become widely available. I mean, my buddy made the leap to broadband in 2003 and had awesome download speeds. Sony makes memory cards and they did back then. They knew that memory card capacity and read speeds would increase. Sure, technology has advanced a lot over the last few years but that's what Sony does. They were perfectly capable of having a vision about near future tech.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 12:53:36 PM PST
badeggsalad says:
I bought a new Lite just a couple of months ago when my original one got smashed. I still play a lot of my GBA games & definitely still play my DS games & the shorter battery life of the 3DS just wasn't cutting it. I got spoiled by the battery life of the DS Lite & wanted another one.

I held onto my GBA SP as well so I could continue to play my original Gameboy & Gameboy color carts. Don't know why it's such a big deal to hold onto your old consoles, though. I rarely, if ever, get rid of any of my games & have never sold a console, handheld or otherwise.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  79
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions