Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Some doctor advice

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 48 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 18, 2012 7:03:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 7:13:19 AM PST
I recently moved and am in a new state. Some idiot runs me over with a car, 100% his fault, even admits he was looking at his GPS and not the road.

Problem is, I have no Health insurance and no established doctor. How do I go see a doctor when none of them will take you? The guys Car insurance policy number is insufficient for any new doctor to to take me, so essentially I have to pay out of pocket. I do NOT have $500 to pay out of pocket, period, so what am I suppose to do?

I already asked the slightly cheaper walk in clinics, and they won't even take me. Any advice?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:04:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 7:06:19 AM PST
Beau H. says:
Assuming this is true:

Did the police come to the scene and issue a citation to the driver?

Did you file a police report?

Were you taken to the hospital?

Did you contact an attorney?

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:05:42 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Must've not been a serious run-over if you're still posting.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:09:09 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Doctor Who?

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:11:13 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Sounds like you're screwed.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:12:16 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
sue.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:13:09 AM PST
*Whom

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:13:12 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Go to the ER. I thought they HAD to take you?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:14:17 AM PST
Yes to all of the above. Lawyer says see a doctor to follow up, but doctors won't see a new patient without health insurance unless you pay upfront.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:14:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 7:16:31 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
If you have injuries you need to go straight to the emergency room, they cannot deny you treatment. You could have internal bleeding.

The hospital will bill you, but you can forward those to either your lawyer to deal with or the insurance company of the driver for compensation.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:16:45 AM PST
Yes, and I saw the ER, they took a bunch of scans, made sure nothing was emergency, then kicked me out. It's the follow ups that I'm not able to do.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:18:13 AM PST
Then you have a lawyer sue for insurance claims. With an accident like that and teh driver is responsible, then either 1) their insurance adjuster would probably reach out to you or 2) see a lawyer and get your bills paid for from their insurance.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:19:05 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
See a lawyer and go after the guy. He is the one that caused the damages so it should be his insurance to cover your medical costs to see a doctor.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:19:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 7:23:21 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Are you in pain?

You could just shop some cheap insurance plan instead of paying cash for service, since its a follow up anyhow. I think you've reached the point where its evident you need to have some sort of health care coverage shoehorned into your living expenses.

We recently had to do this, it seemed impossible and sucks, but it took all but 1 month to adjust to this reality. That, or have something accruing in savings for emergency.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:19:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 7:21:14 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
obamacare?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:29:38 AM PST
We are quite literally in the middle of moving, as in I have to drop $1000 the first of this month to move, not including moving expenses. I could drop my $700 security deposit (nonrefundable) and not move, continuing to live with my in-laws and commute an hour to school every day... I could do that instead...

Trust me, I don't have a "disposable" income from which to make adjustments. I can not pay my bills, that's the alternative to getting health insurance. Or my wife could get a job, but as the economy is crap, she has been trying for three months to get ANY job, even Mcdonalds doesn't seem to be hiring.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:33:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 7:33:42 AM PST
That's the problem I'm facing, it's a catch 22... you can't "sue" the guy to pay your expenses without proof, ie, seeing the doctor, but you can't see the doctor without having insurance unless you pay out of pocket. So If I had $2000 sitting on hand to just dump on a doctor, where I might get refunded in 3-6 months, I could....

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:38:05 AM PST
Ice King says:
Wow, this sucks. I'm sorry to hear it's so tough to get even basic medical attention.
Have you considered looking to charities? Maybe even start some kind of Paypal drive for yourself if you can.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:41:51 AM PST
I think I'm going to live, but my knee is messed up and the last 3 days (it's been six since the accident), I've had a growing pain in my chest under my ribs. They did a full body CT and X-Rays... so I'd assume they would have caught anything, nethertheless, it's a concern that I cannot address cause no doctor will take me, even though I am insured by either my car insurance or his, but doctors "won't take car insurance" apparantly.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:43:56 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I think the best advice a doctor could give you is to not get run over by cars.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:45:04 AM PST
have you called a doctor about it? I was in a wreck and didn't have car insurance and went to the hospital. Just have them send the bill to them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:45:39 AM PST
Ice King says:
If that chest pain keeps getting worse you should probably go back to the ER and try to get them to look at you some more.
It could just be a bruise but you really don't want to mess with chest pain, that's where most of your important organs are kept.
Talk to your lawyer first to be sure, but I think any expenses you incur from the accident will be covered when you finally win your case.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:48:52 AM PST
Yes, since I don't have an established doctor in Ohio, none will take me on without Health insurance, it seems at least thats what the two I have called that are accepting new patients said.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 8:54:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 8:55:32 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
how about a loan?

and how did you get hit?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:20:40 AM PST
badeggsalad says:
What part of Ohio? I live in Ohio too, but I might have some people I know in the healthcare profession who I could ask some questions for you... I'm in the Dayton area.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  48
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions