Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Betrayal! Alleged former Sony manager lists his concerns about PS4

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2012 3:30:37 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 3:33:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 4:51:46 PM PST
I.Flores says:
I just logged-in Sony's human resources database using my privileges inside the company, and I found no records of a Senior Manager formerly employed by the company in Foster City, CA.
So, this is all a lie.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 3:34:32 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
There's no insider information there. Any forum troll could have made those comments.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 3:45:12 PM PST
While I can agree with whoever this no named person is on Sony always needing to focus on the core gamers I can't agree with everthing he/she said. The Vita clearly isn't as good of a seller that it could be but I wouldn't call it a failure. Sony does indeed need to push their core gaming products more though.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 4:10:30 PM PST
WeaKeN says:
"I do not have a lot of confidence that the Orbis will sell well as I don't see it selling to the casual audience."

...words of advice to senior management.
"Improve marketing and focus on your core gamer."

huh?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 4:14:06 PM PST
Not saying that this guy is who he claims to be but that part isn't confusing. Sony said that they are investing heavily into casual games. This guy is saying that they won't succeed selling to casuals and to focus on core gamers.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 4:22:44 PM PST
So Jason?

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 4:22:49 PM PST
Lolinternets

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 4:24:49 PM PST
WeaKeN says:
he says it's going to not do well because it won't sell to the casual audience. then he said they need to focus on core gamers.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 4:25:36 PM PST
Actually, you've never seen me comment that Sony should not sell to casuals nor have you ever seen me claim that Sony's relationships with third parties need to be repaired.

You did a nice faceplant though!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 4:25:50 PM PST
Yes.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions